The New Hunter Camp

Released! - Discuss progress and updates on the biggest Trespasser level endeavor ever, JPDS - a dark Tres mod by Draco and co.

Moderators: scallenger, JPDS Team

MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

The New Hunter Camp

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Hey everyone! This forum is dedicated to the New Hunter Camp level (and any that follow). Everything regarding the new level will be posted here first!

I'll be doing this one on my own for the most part, but I owe credit to Troodon and the rest of the old HC team (who should contact me for credit when they get a chance)

Check my website for more info :D

Trespasser Underground
Last edited by MikeTheRaptor on Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
masterchiefoo7
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by masterchiefoo7 »

cool. I would love to help
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Feel free to give ideas and advice, masterchief :D
masterchiefoo7
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by masterchiefoo7 »

ok. Im winging it here. but this is my thoughts.

this is supposed to be part of the origanal game, right? and in the movie, it was located near the plains, right? if not, then this is useless.

I copied this from another post of mine:

note that I'm comparing this to chaos island and zandor's 3.0 map

the opening video for level 11 shows the base that eddie was captured at. do a print screen or somthing and compare it to the map. it should be in the missing gap. im going on a limb here, but TLW had a lagoon in the plains. chaos island had level 5 where you were to herd the paras across the plains, now, open up level 5 and compare it to this shot: http://www.sharkyextreme.com/games/drea ... t001.shtml while its not extremly similar, it does match the plain's lagoon from chaos island.

level 6 had the dinos in the cages, but in the movie, it was more grassy(I think) and it wasnt near the mountain area.
remeber, in level 10 eddie reacivates the power plant(which is geothermal), which is near where he got captured, and pine valley isnt too far away from the plains. (in my opinion). the power plant is south of where I think the plains is, and level 10 has the power plant south of the camp. like you said, the maps arent too comparable. the games were probably being made at the same time, so they could have helped each other out. after all, both islands are facing the wrong way, with north on the left hand side.

so this is why I think that hunter camp, if it is the plains, should go between levels 5 and 6.

I just saw your map for your hunter camp level. guess it isnt gonna be part of the plains. nevermind.
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Yup, this Hunter Camp is really a standalone level. It doesn't fit in sequentially with any of the other levels.

Also, the map shown there is slightly altered in my version.
That one is actually the original one by Troodon. I was the modeller in the old HC group, eventually we quit though. I definately plan to get this one done eventually. :yes:
the ARK
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by the ARK »

I'd like to help out with what I can. I still remember some stuff from the original level, and I'm learning TresEd/Gmax.
This is truly one of the most disappointing moments in gaming history. Gamers are being reduced to digging through the game's installed files to discover what was supposed to happen in the game they just bought.
guilherme
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by guilherme »

hum... A new level, I would love to help in something..
but.
What about hunter camp?
Have u got any good information about it? ;=)
Dark_Rex
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Re: The New Hunter Camp

Post by Dark_Rex »

wow :o truly amazing nice work!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: The New Hunter Camp

Post by Draconisaurus »

Sadly, Mike lost those new models a long time ago.. as well as the level he'd started. He also found out through JPDS that he wasn't up for full level creation.