Update Status (Models)

Released! - TresCom Ops' TC Act 2 Archive Forum.

Moderators: scallenger, Hilwo, Kovu

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Cool! Not to overdo it, so I was just thinking about one barrel, back right side of hanger.... sound ok?
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Whoopy! There ya go: 8)

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/barrel_v1.zip

Created a brand new texture for the barrel. I lifted the bottom on the inside of the barrel a few inches of the ground, so it won't clip the terrain, but you won't notice. ;)
I mapped a temporary texture on the water object, wasn't sure whether that is required by the engine, never tried.

Might create a few more new movable barrels in the future...
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Thanks, partner. :)

(I'm not sure if water objects need textures or not... I always assign one out of habit)

Err... water model imported fine, but the barrel is at extreme location and invisible once again. I imported it into milkshape, but all that shows up is a dot. :?

Getting late for yah.... tomorrow's another day.
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Yeah. Strange. I imported an existing barrel model, switched textures, attached it to a new object (to reset the scale too 100.0, that fixed the hangar and a bunch of other models before). Very strange, all this stuff worked fine before...

Andres, maybe you changed some things in GeomAdd? Oh btw, Andres, can you set the filter color on .3ds export to gray (like with the texture color)? I believe it was gray before, it's white now and if people want to render a model with opacity maps in 3dsmax they first have to set them to gray manually to get rid of the white artifacts.
Not really important, but maybe you can fix that in the next release...
Andres
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Andres »

I looked through the 3ds file library I'm using, didn't see anything about a 'filter' color, just ambient, diffuse, specular. Are you using a different 3ds file importer? Perhaps it sets the defaults differently. (I can't recall any changes I've made to my exporter recently.)
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

I'm probably wrong. Might have been set to white afterall, the blue color from the texturemaps themselves caused the edges to look different anyway.