Update Status (Models)

Released! - TresCom Ops' TC Act 2 Archive Forum.

Moderators: scallenger, Hilwo, Kovu

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Rem, I pretty much have the hanger done, though I really don't have an absolute location for it; just too hard to visualize where everything will go at this point.

*The hanger doors are a bitch. Out of necessity, the large doors with the small entry doors need to be static in order for the small doors to work. As far as the other two large doors, I think what's best is to allow an initial movement, ie. sliding out towards the end of the hanger, though I'll probably freeze them once they reach the corner of the building. You need to use bool XTFree in order to get them to slide (Dreamworks didn't use any mags, just low density which allowed them to slide into invisible objects and eventually loose their tracking) but continued slamming up against them or shooting at them derails them (walks away from building) and isn't desireable.

Anyways, should be alright like this. Providing those big doors stay put, ie. they don't get pushed past the edge of the building, they're remain moveable. I'll add an emergency stop trigger just beyond the corner of the building as our safety net.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Rem, do you want me to add shop lights to the warehouse? Not necessary for them to work, but they're fun to shoot.

(Have the day off; looking for something productive to do)
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Well, can try that. If it looks good we can keep em in there. :)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Yeah, they may not be the right type of light for in there, but I'll put
one in and see how it looks.

http://www.trespasserextras.com/whlight.jpg

Not bad, maybe go with six lights; 3 down the right side, 3 down the left.

Or, would you prefer something like trac lighting as shown below. Give the player alot more to shot at, test their aim.

(obviously, an unuseable, bad model, just an example. :P )

http://www.trespasserextras.com/whlight2.jpg

*maybe use spotlight shaped lightbulbs. 2 textures, one intact, one busted.
Andres
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Andres »

I didn't get a chance to look at those model problems, there was a big snowfall down south so my family and I decided to go on a ski trip for a few days. Unfortunately when we got there the ski fields were closed due to too much snow! So we just wrinkled our skin in some hot pools instead :)

Did you get the hanger problem sorted out?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I deleted an earlier message here, Andres. I wasn't sure who you were asking or to which problem you were referring to.

Remdul wound up supplying me with 6 different 3ds files, 1 worked out.

Partition problem: I deleted a pair of nearby meshes that I wasn't using and the problem disappeared after that --
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Bulbs look kinda funny, but those other lights are ok. Keep those in there. :)

* Hey, very cool shadows on the ground btw. 8)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Just for clarification, you like the shop lights, (like those in our testzone level?)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Rem, got the lights in (4 to shoot at, 2 already broken), but I was giving a little something else some thought. What's your opinion about having a few live wires exposed from inside a switch box? (could be modelled to fit inside I-beam post near entrance). I already have a high voltage (zap sound) clip; I think it'd be cool if Anne could be electrocuted! Perhaps a conduit running into the bottom portion of the box could appear torn away and leaning towards the inside of the hanger. If touched, you're dead. :o (a little arch animation would be cool to, to go inbetween the wiring).

I think we should also use this electrocution scheme for the elevator shaft's top. (If you recall elevator and player jumps on top of car while it's ascending and fails to jump off in time, Anne needs to be killed if pinned up inside of the shaft. Electrocution seems to be a good route to go. I could just kill her and have player assume that they've been squashed, too)

I was also thinking about using one of these shop (flourescent) lights for our elevator complex, tied in with a light switch. Set up the animation so that the light flickers a few times before coming completely on (which is how these lights work most the time). Of course, it'll also be set up to shoot out the light as well --

Opinions?
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Shop lights, that's right.

Cable stuff sounds cool, but I think I'll model the smaller stuff later on. When I got the t-shirt art done I'll move on to the SS. Venture.

Flickering lights, can use them inside the lab buildings aswell. Sounds cool. :)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Sure thing. Just wanted to present the idea to you. I think one of our goals here should be to have every area, every building contain interesting items, events, et cetera. Dreamworks created some good looking buildings, but failed (in my opinion) to make the interior noteworthy in most instances. The lab and hammond's house were quite cool of course, but they were the exceptions rather than the rule.

*Almost done with the shirt? Oooh, wanna see! :yes:
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

I completely agree with you Rebel. I always missed that in the original levels. Even though the island was stripped down, like Hammond says there still was little (interesting) stuff inside.

I first want to get all the larger model of the key locations finished, later we can stuff them up with whatever we can think of...
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Well, I think you and I are pretty much on the same page here. Agreed. Get all major models in place 1st. Second, all major ground textures, land, shore, et cetera, river water and waterfall animation itself positioned. AFter that, determine which plants, trees and the like we'll be using. If you wanted, I could go about landscaping the isle after the first two stages above are complete while you concentrated on the dinosaurs, perhaps inbetween supplying a smaller model, (ie. lhouse light, other interior stuff) here or there. Your t-shirt design actually gave me the general feel for the island, so that would be a good starting point for me, working off from that point, up along the ridge, down towards the river and up into the waterfall area, et cetera. Decorating is relatively easy on the brain and would probably only take a few weeks to complete which is why it's low priority as of now. But, damn.... I'm tellin' yah, this level is going to be sweeet!

:)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

*Hey, Rem. If you find a few minutes perhaps you could lop off the top of our tc.barrel for me so I can set up that rain gutter drip at the hanger. (also working on placing our first seagull into level; flies out across dock area)
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

No prob, can do that now. Will also create a water object that fits the model seamlessly...