Released! - TresCom Ops' TC Act 2 Archive Forum.

Moderators: scallenger, Hilwo, Kovu

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Just assumed that you gents would appreciate an update. I got the last egg imported, tested. Had to clear up a few texture glitches (a minor one still exists on handgun (I'm not worrying about it though) ) and for some reason or another the location triggers inside the earlbox all of a sudden decided that they don't f'ken like me anymore (or more specifically, they didn't like an initial saved-game starter scn -- the tresed generated scns work without problems. Reason for replacing the scn with either an scx or S.Game is mostly for restart level reasons). I changed one (location trigger) to a boolean, it cleared most of the problems up, though it did misbehave once after that. It should be alright, though I'll give it another look after the release.

*I added your palms, Remdul. I think that's about it for the beta now. I've given myself a pounder of a headache this morning. Wrapping it up, I've got to run through the level once again, make certain that everything is functioning correctly. If so, I'll put a copy of those files aside (Hi_Rez), then go about setting up a Low_Rez version.
That should take too long. I've already tested it on a 400mhz system (an old gateway my sister has) and I have a fair idea what has to go and what changes need to be made. I'm not too keen on the Pterandons in low performance systems, as with three in level, they barely crawl (speed wise). Might wind up dumping the pteras at the lighthouse and just keep the one at the balloon crash.

Other downgrades: Some water, along with the deleted water model's perspective smaller falls, Triggers, most CacheValues will either be diminished or omitted altogether in most models containing said value.

All other notes and info I've written down inside the Pre_Install Readme file, so you gentlemen can catch up on the other tech blather from there. ;)

I'll upload asap. Perhaps as early as this evening or tomorrow morning, depending on whether the gods decide to smile or spit on me.
madppiper
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by madppiper »

reminds me to say:
will the high-res feature the distance improvements? (like Sakke (or initially yours? :)))
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

We can't go any ridiculous CMul values, MP. Clarity will go out pretty much as far as you can see clearly, going further than that has little point to it anyways. The values vary from 1.5 to 4.0 which are pretty much the same values used as any version I've uploaded. We're dealing with 16,000 + objects afterall --

I can't get rid of that g'damn bug in the Lhouse either. More than likely, in order to get around the s.game bug (which is the true bug, not my scripting), I'm probably going to have to rewrite the setup using other types of triggers and I have neither the time or the patience for that right now. Bug stays -- it's a little thing anyways, but it is rather annoying that it wasn't there before I created the startup.scn.
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Sounds fine Rebel.

Few bugs, missing objects don't matter much. It's a beta afterall. :)
Nem
-=TresCom Administrator=-
-=TresCom Administrator=-
Antispam: No

Post by Nem »

I'd just like to express my amazement at what all of TCops has done and is doing at the moment. It's something really extraordinary, to make such a huge project, and still receive so little in return.

It would be a shame for this to go unnoticed out there...

I know it's only a beta, but it's still amazing. :yes:
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

We all appreciate your words, Nem. ;)

Ok... I did a quick trigger redo (switched some to booleans) and from what I can see, the L.H. is back in working order. Argghhh! :pirate:

.... and you're right, Remdul. A beta is a beta, so I know that we can't address every issue. There's just not enough time. :no: I've made a mental note of some; sporatic sound triggers in caverns (I think we can solve that by adding a duplicate sound into the ambient.tpa so that all those triggers aren't relying on the same sound clip), out of sync, split waterfalls, terrain sounds not always matching terrain (we can fix this as well - no prob.) and some other minor stuff. As we begin work on the final I'll see if I can fix the above up as we're working on adding the remaining models and eye candy for the final.

Ah, Mick. I just added a slide with a few pics of his level, though for the final I'll add a few snapshots (polaroids) to go along with it. I'll send him a p.m. about it, as I don't want him to feel that we didn't give enough effort for him (Time is like gold these days). (His name's at the top though, he oughta like that. :) )

Onward, the Hi_rez is done. Did my runthru, couldn't find anything that went haywire (went from beginning to end of level), so I'll start the low_rez as soon as I finish this beer that I'm on. If I can stay sober (hahaha), I should finish that up tonight as well, though I won't be able to test it out until tomorrow afternoon, so I won't have the file packs up until tomorrow evening. Hope that's alright with you folks....

*Remdul, I'm also going to upload all textures and necessary files needed for any future swap updates, you know, just in case this old dawg up n' dies. :D Don't want to leave anyone in a lurch, afterall.

I could go into some other issues too, but as I posted earlier, you guys can read up on that stuff in the readme file.