Remaing models to beta:

Released! - TresCom Ops' TC Act 2 Archive Forum.

Moderators: scallenger, Hilwo, Kovu

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Inside the public_html folder, Rem. (file name is explode.zip)

Zip's password is trescomoct3

I'll work on this on my end as well, but considering the amount of time you put into the explosion and dust, I want to make certain that you're satisified with the effect. The level is functional as is, but if you wanted to add your latest asa file to the mix, you could either replace the 'blowup.asa' file with your latest, renaming it, that way you wouldn't have to screw with any of the triggers. If you wanted to add the new asa, you'd have to edit the three rectangular triggers surrounding the tunnel intersection as well as a trigger called 'Trig_Detonation' (add the extra Action to the scripts)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Rem, locate the file 'tnttest.zip' inside the public_html folder. Same password: trescomoct3

I included the asa file which combines the cloud models and the flyin' boards. I rearranged it some, feel free to alter it further. I cut down on the # of frames quite a bit, repositioned the used models (11 of 13 ( 2 were causing too much interpolation problems during animation sequence) to actual start animation locations. (they're kept invisible by blank.bmps until animation plays) Upload the asa when finished giving it the once over. ;)

*btw, nice job on the dust and explosion textures. They look real sweet. Meant to mention it earlier, but I'm just not with it today. :?
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Whoa, thanks Rebel. I'll check things out and let you know. Frametime; might be a bit off, not sure. As for the scale; had not thought about the scale much, I did some test with the ASA export script before but those object where already at the right scale.
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Well, I think it looks fine as it is Rebel. Very good job on the rigging of the trigger. Just put the wires on the thing and Bang! 8)

The 'particles' don't look to bad either. They don't really face the player but it doesn't look bad at all. Boards are flying, don't see a problem there either.

But maybe you should give the player a bit more cover behind the rocks, so you can stay there and enjoy the explosion. Perhaps rotate the main trigger box away from the rocks, and add an additional trigger above the player. So if the player is crouched, all ok, but if she is standing upright; gets killed.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Okeedok, and thanks. I'll pretty much consider it done then. I'll try to rotate the setup a bit more, but it took so many hours to get everything lined up properly I'm almost afraid to. :o

I like the idea of an overhead kill trigger, but do you think enough players would think about crouching? (We don't want them to get pissed at the puzzle)

*Btw, try to model that splintered wood floor model for me, so I can include that into the mix. AFterwards, I'll give everything the once over before the actual level import. ;)

How goes the remains of the list...?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Added the crouch trigger -- it was actually a good and logical suggestion. ;)
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Thanks. :)

Yup, have the splintered wood done, will upload it in a sec (eek, I almost forgot). :)

Btw, you know a way of making a dinosaur behave just active? Doesn't have to attack or do anything specific, but I was trying to get my fresh imported Para do something, so I can test and tweak the skinning a bit:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/para.jpg

If only I can get it to walk. ;)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Just use ActLookAround ActWander, Rem. You could skip everything else if you'd like. Another thing that I do while testing out dinos is that I change Anne's AIType to 0 so that I can observe the critters without personal danger.

(Para pic looks good. 8) )

*I'm hoping that we can finish up the static models by week's end, then the dinos. (hopefully, I'd like the raptor first. ;) ) I still think we're shooting a bit high on the number of dinos we'll have ready for the beta, but guess we'll see how it goes. I just know it's going to take some time to get thing working properly and inserted.
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Ok, those values sound like the stuff I need. :)

* Actually I do have those values in there, but it just stands there, looking around and not so wandering.
I even tried to set the ActStayAwayTarget to it's own tail but it doesn't seem to work...

Got the boards remains:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/remains.zip

Well, yeah. Will work on the remaining models tomorrow. I was just trying to set up the para to see how much time I'd need, but I don't think I need much time for that at all (I got the para skinned and imported in less than 1 hour).

Well, the compy, para, dilophosaur, ankylosaur model is done. Still fiddling with the raptor textures, but that one will also be done soon. If it still have time left by the time we got those on their feet I might finish the gallimimus, and the ceratosaurus. But as for now, we'll keep those for the final release, and not include the last two in the beta.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Sounds good, Remdul. Yeah, I think we should keep 2 - 3 dinos for the final anyways. That'd also allow us more time to set up those dinos we will use.

*I understand your ambition to work with the dinos. ;) (I'm planning on a bink video to showcase your raptor in-game)

Model wise, I think we're down to the following:

bunker computer stuff
hanger short-circuited box
balloon
spray paint graffiti/easter egg
venture pilot house

..... is that it?

Para: Try adding these values:

float Sleep = 200.000000
float WakeUp = 200.000000
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

-bunker computer stuff
-hanger short-circuited box
-balloon
-spray paint graffiti/easter egg
-venture pilot house

Sure, I'l get onto the bunker comp stuff right away, hangar box no problemo. :)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Check those above values I posted. Also, I'd turn on the bones cheat, be certain that the scale of the seen dino is in direct proportion to its tangible/unseen parts.

I had this problem in one of my dino experiments, whereas I altered a raptor and it was sorta 'stuck', unable to move because of scaling conflicts.

Sure, I'l get onto the bunker comp stuff right away, hangar box no problemo.
Cool. :rambo:
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Well, I got this right now:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/bunkpan.jpg

Three of those gauges. Is there anything else I can add? There's quite a lot of space left, I can add some dummy buttons or smashed panels...
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

That looks good, although the indicators need to be to the right side of the panel (our keypad is at that location). Sure, add a few smashed gauges are whatever catches your eye. It'll all for show, just eye candy itself.

*The newer additions don't need to be apart of the bunker panel -- separate, right? So, I could move them around a bit if needed.
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

No prob to move the gauges to the center. I assume the keypad is like the usual keypad from the original levels?

Will add some buttons, and stuff to the right...