Remaing models to beta:

Released! - TresCom Ops' TC Act 2 Archive Forum.

Moderators: scallenger, Hilwo, Kovu

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Is that pachy a herbivore? (If the pachy could be a bit smaller than the para, then it wouldn't pose a problem) Yes? Hey, whatever has to be, has to be. As it stands, that anky looks like a matrix abortion. :o

That warping of the raptor's neck still happens from time to time too, but I can't seem to find an easy solution for it. Later, I might look into those rotation ratios of the joints, but I'll mess with that kind of stuff after the beta's out.

As far as spots reserved, I put a few of those aside for potential future use.
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

The pachy is a herbivore yes, and its about the same size as the raptor. These dinos supposely used their boney heads to ram each other, or their enemies. So if we use the raptor bonesys for the pachy and lower the head damage, add the headram value and we should have a great unique new dino. But I still have to model that one.

At this point the gallimimus only needs a texture. Waddaya think? Should I finish the galli for the beta?

Got that box:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/yellowbox.jpg

Zip:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/yellowbox.zip

And for the record: 2 new textures, couldn't find a good existing palette, so created a new one.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Pachy size (and behaviour sound quite cool) is perfect, Remdul. I'll just plan on that one being where the anky was going to be. Plus, as small as a raptor, gives us the opportunity to place one of two elsewhere as well. Up to you if you want to texture the Galli; do you have that one already rigged as well? I could place a pair of them where the anky was going to be, later move them to another locale in the final.

*The Gali will have a player stayaway value, so it'll appear quite afraid of player, taking off as you near as if frightened. Or, I could set them up to ignor you unless you hurt or touch the critters, then they'd adopt the frightened behaviour.

Cam box looks good. :) I'll keep 'em closed up for now. Later on, we'll add a few cardboard type boxes with smeared text, place them inside as if individual items had been crated inside them.

**That stay away value works pretty cool as a raptor repellant too! We might have to add that for the final -- spray some on yourself, use a trigger to tell all raptors (ones that are still alive, anyways) to bugger off, they won't approach close enough to bite.
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

I can get the galli done by today, same raptor setup so it should be a problem at all. Might look a bit weird with the neck, but it'll work. Texture is almost done, expect the rigging to take no more than an hour either.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Cool. Good news for a change, eh? :D
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

I got it up and running now, though it still need a bit of tweaking (neck area remains problematic on all dinos).

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/galli_wip.jpg

It looks a bit strange with the neck down, but other than that it works like the other new dinos.

Some other real life stuff (and Madpipper ;-) )kept me from finishing it, but I'm sure I'll have it up by tomorrow.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Say, I like that Martijn. Nice work.... again. :yes:

Yup, take another day if needed. Another day into this project is nothing compared to the days we've already put into it. ;)
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Got it here:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/galli.zip

Same as with the other dinos, the neck area is problematic. Tail was giving me a headache as well and I ended up assigning allmost all tail vertices to a single bone. It looks a bit stiff, but I couldn't get the weird bends out of it.

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/galli.jpg
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Well, I think it looks great, Remdul. You did another fine job there. :)

I don't have any sounds for this dino, but if you want I could try to just use the sounds from the compy for now. Unless of course, you have some, then you could upload them for moi.

Headin' down my mother's for dinner in a bit, but I'll jump on this assignment as soon as I get back. ;)
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Got the graffity stuff done:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/graffity.zip

Includes the contest winners names and Anne's tag animation :-)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Yup, just read your e-mail. But... I hate to be a pest Rem, but could you supply me those textures without the background? They're not going to blend into the wall properly, so I'll probably have to use opacitymaps to get the stuff to look right (stuff looks cool, otherwise). A while back I created the red paint spray animation for the spraycan, but I'm not sure how good it looked (poor memory these days), but I'll get back to you on that in case it sucks.

Thanks, bub. :)
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Just Anne's tag or the other one as well? Shouldn't be a prob to extract the animated one either. Are you planning to use 16-bit transparant alpha maps or regular opacity maps?

:)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Regular opacitymaps, there's no transparencys involved. And yup, all the stuff, Remdul.
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Got the stuff:

http://home.planet.nl/~buijs512/trescom/graffity.zip

Lemme know if it needs more tweaking. :)

Btw, that gap in the ceiling, caverns part II...did you add some palms, plans around that gap? That would look cool. :)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Downloaded. Looks like it'll work fine, I'll let you know, bud. Nope, didn't add any palms overhead, but since you mentioned it I'll add some for you. ;)