The Alpha (Contest Entry Winners) Release

Released! - TresCom Ops' TC Act 2 Archive Forum.

Moderators: scallenger, Hilwo, Kovu

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

The Alpha (Contest Entry Winners) Release

Post by Rebel »

Remdul, I was giving this a little thought during the day when I should have been payin' closer attention to where my fingers were in relation to the circular saw (luckily, no accidents!), but here are my conclusions.

Most importantly, I don't really want to have the level built up to any further degree than it is now for the Alpha, as I personally wouldn't want to see the Venture, the B29, the exit cavern, or the actual ending be given up and possibly spilled to the community before we release the level to the G.P.

So.... I'm thinking that I'll put a copy of the level 'as is' right now aside, though add an end-level trigger just inside the last tunnel. I already have the prop tc~river level setup, so I can upload those files as well when we're ready. About the only thing that I think we should do beforehand is to install the stairs at the power station so that they can actually get down there. (I've completed the rest of the work in that area the other night)

Anyways, this 'il give the contest winners a sneak peak at our work, but it'll allow us to hold enough of the level back as to not spoil even their own play of the level when it's officially released. They won't know about the dinos, the Venture, Plane, how to gain access into the crater, nor will they be aware of how they can gain entry into the elevator complex, nor will they be aware of the exit cavern or the airtank they'll need to leave the Island. Notably, they'll be getting the sneak peek that we promised them, without compromising the finished product.

Opinions? :cartman:
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Had some thought about it as well, and I settled with the same conclusion. That'll be the way to go.

Personal Privacy Edit
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Okeedok.

Personal Privacy Edit