Partition saves

Released! - TresCom Ops' TC Act 2 Archive Forum.

Moderators: scallenger, Hilwo, Kovu

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Partition saves

Post by Rebel »

Andres, man, I hate to bother you yet again, but I'm still having trouble with missing objects. Crates, triggers, magnets.... In one level, the hanger itself wouldn't show up. If it's a moveable object and you walk into it, it'll flicker into visibility and remain so, but trigs and mags are another story. Most notable in the level I'm fartin' around with now is that the doors on the plex elevator don't close if I partition save. (I'm assuming that the trigger isn't there) Without the save, everything works fine.

Any ideas off the top of your head? I could upload the level, but I figure you don't really want to download an 8mb file.

:?
Andres
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Andres »

Are you importing the hanger from a 3ds or tpm? I can think of a problem that might occur with tpm import but not with 3ds import, so you could try using 3ds for objects/triggers where you can.

Perhaps partitions don't like lots of overlapping triggers... but then only CLocationTriggers are saved in the partitions, and those you can't really move apart (as the whole point is that they are in a certain location). Hmmmm. Well if you don't find a solution I can do the same trick as I did with the terrain objects - not put the triggers in partitions. As there are only a few hundred triggers (as opposed to thousands of normal objects), I don't think that will affect game speed much.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

For now, I think the best approach would be to adopt a wait and see policy. We're still rather early in the building stages here, so I prefer not to get incredibly worked up over it at present. If we look at the tc.level, many of those objects were imported with both 3ds and tpm format and everything seems to be in order, so perhaps it'll all come out in the wash as the level fills in and comes together. I have a pretty good mental inventory of everything that goes into the level, so I'll know if something's missing.

Anyways, we won't worry too much about this right now. ;)