An interestinmg review of the demo...

Found articles relating to Trespasser

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

An interestinmg review of the demo...

Post by machf »

Take a look:

http://www.thefeast.tv/archive.php?filter=7&uid=43

What he says is sadly true, but the way he says it... it really made me laugh.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Post by hppav »

We are... The Forgotten People!
Supplement: I thought my first foray as a Webleontologist would be rather uneventful, but it has proved quite the opposite. I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen. The Forgotten people A painstakingly researched fan site, with countless numbers of inane projects related to a seemingly pointless cause. A community that has meticulously gathered resources in an attempt to modify and expand upon a universe that never really worked in a video game format in the first place. Trying to master the very thing they worship is quite the conundrum, a fascinating find to be sure. Mountains of evidence show that, theirs is a culture clearly based on blind insanity. This find is also staggering in the amount of evidence, forums, mods, fan fiction, walkthroughs, fan-art, and even links to other sites of this kind. This demonstrates that the game spread beyond vice and obsession, and also to other people. It begs the question, was it fanboyism that lead them to this dead end link on gaming genealogy? Or sheer lunacy.
Join us, we have brownies.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
RickRex
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by RickRex »

Wow, that was a bit harsh don't you think.
Although funny, this guy seems to really have unliked the demo.
He even didn't like our existence, as If we were lunatics.

Well as Eric Kirby said about Dr. Malcolm: He was kind of preachy, and to much chaos, everything is chaos. It seemed like the guy was kind of high on himself.
Life Will Find a Way... "Dr. Ian Malcolm & John Hammond"

Don`t worry I'm not making the same mistakes again "John Hammond"
No, you're making all new ones "Dr. Ian Malcolm"

T-Rex!, You said you got a T-Rex? "Dra. Ellie Sattler"
Slash_Master
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by Slash_Master »

Supplement: I thought my first foray as a Webleontologist would be rather uneventful, but it has proved quite the opposite. I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen. The Forgotten people A painstakingly researched fan site, with countless numbers of inane projects related to a seemingly pointless cause. A community that has meticulously gathered resources in an attempt to modify and expand upon a universe that never really worked in a video game format in the first place. Trying to master the very thing they worship is quite the conundrum, a fascinating find to be sure. Mountains of evidence show that, theirs is a culture clearly based on blind insanity. This find is also staggering in the amount of evidence, forums, mods, fan fiction, walkthroughs, fan-art, and even links to other sites of this kind. This demonstrates that the game spread beyond vice and obsession, and also to other people. It begs the question, was it fanboyism that lead them to this dead end link on gaming genealogy? Or sheer lunacy.
he's jealous of our community...
hppav wrote:Join us, we have brownies.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......brownies......delicious brownies :P :lol:
SlashMaster's Bio-Terror
50%
masterchiefoo7
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by masterchiefoo7 »

that was a horrible review. he really hates trescom just because he doesnt understand our game. the truth of it is, we love it because there is no other game out there like it.

yeah it was funny though until the last part. and he used lots of big words... :yes:
Hammond: When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Ian: Yeah, but when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists...

visit my website @ http://www.freewebs.com/masterchiefoo7
RickRex
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by RickRex »

As I said before with the quotes of Eric Kirby, he thinks he is the only one right.
Plus he has some issues with blowjobs :no:
Life Will Find a Way... "Dr. Ian Malcolm & John Hammond"

Don`t worry I'm not making the same mistakes again "John Hammond"
No, you're making all new ones "Dr. Ian Malcolm"

T-Rex!, You said you got a T-Rex? "Dra. Ellie Sattler"
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

I think the guy made up his opinion from the TresCom about page, which doesn't really tell of our successes yet does give a nod to Andres and his then TresView, and didn't really research us. Since when was TresEd or Big Red's patch inane? We have done more in the past few years with evolving this engine than most hacking communities make it without an sdk or source code. We have something to be proud of and this idiot failed to realize it.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I find it highly amusing, just how big-headed and unintelligible these kinds of people can be, I'd be hard pressed to rant so much on a game if you actually paid me. These kinda people just get a huge kick out of pointing out flaws.. like the legions of people saying over and over "god I hate enterprise..." (<--some may not get this reference)

Lol to be honest, much of it was quite a fine read, knowing how full of shit it is... :lol:

Can't help wonder if he saw anything about JPDS :D
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Some of his analogies were humorous. :lol:

Other than that, the guy has an IQ of a fly (how many times did he die from falling? You would think that after twice he would realize something must be up...) who was trying to impress everyone with his vocabulary. He must be insane not to see the progress we have made.

He should've actually tried to PLAY the game (that's where I think the majority of reviewers fail), instead of going in and trying to find the flaws which permitted Tres "to slip from our online consciousness". In fact, that guy sounded obnoxious even from the first paragraph.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
DeadEye
Triceratops
Triceratops

Re: An interestinmg review of the demo...

Post by DeadEye »

I found some words on a spray in TF2 one time that summed this up:

Haters gonna hate. They mad.

People are gonna hate a fandom no matter WHAT it is. Look at furries or bronies, they get hated off of principle alone. This guy doesn't realize that fandoms are a tough egg to crack, and the people of said fandom generally don't care if they're hated upon.

ESPECIALLY if it's because said hater jumps to a conclusion, like this idiot did.
"It's not the pace of life I mind. It's the sudden stop at the end."
~Hobbes

"It does not take the world's most powerful nations to spark the next global conflict. Just the will, of one man."
~Vladimir Makarov
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

http://web.archive.org/web/200801181117 ... r=7&uid=43

(since the other link is down)

On the other hand, one thing that I just find funny. He writes "While falling and dying I managed to notice how poorly things are rendered." The review was written in 2006, and the game were released in 1998. Of course it looks that way when they are used to modern games.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
glitchhunter09
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by glitchhunter09 »

I love how he uses the whole raptor AI as "Not unlike a pack of retards attempting to gang rape a carpet." As much as I love Trespasser, I have to agree about the AI. I understand the game's flaws, but something about the flaws makes me enjoy the game even more. I guess because it plays heavily into the game's physics system and is good for some laughs here and there. Even with their issues with their skeletons, I find the Dinosaurs increasingly life-like. I just wish there was a way to fix the skeletons so they didn't contort into weird ass shapes. However, the Dinosaur's AI tends to think that so it will often contort itself without warning... Though.... a lot of times, the results are quite humorous. lol.

I also can't hate on the game either since I only got the game for about 25 Cents US from a yard sale back in 2008. So, considering the game's reputation among other people, I got a deal and am pleased with the game more as a result since it was almost free. Plus, the ability to make dinosaurs bleed impossible amounts of blood by hitting them with blunt objects makes it even more worth while. =P
awesome24712
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by awesome24712 »

glitchhunter09 wrote: I also can't hate on the game either since I only got the game for about 25 Cents US from a yard sale back in 2008.
25 cents? Are you telling me I could have saved twenty or so dollars?

Have to agree with you about how some of the glitches of the game amke it more interesting an fun :wink:
Check out the HL2 mod I'm helping with: Image
Visit my Steam! http://steamcommunity.com/id/awesome24712/
Visit my YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/awesome24712

Post benchamrks:
1 [x] 2 [x] 4 [x] 8 [x] 16 [x] 32 [x] 64 [x] 128 [x] 256 [x] 512 [x] 1024 [ ] 2048 [ ] 4096 [ ] 9192 [ ]