Brian Moore's site

Found articles relating to Trespasser

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Brian Moore's site

Post by machf »

Guys, I think I just found Brian Moore's site online at http://www.freewebs.com/brianmooreresume/

Have we seen these trespasser pics before?

http://brianmooredirector.tripod.com/tr ... c_version/

(I've got a feeling that I've already found these images earlier, but I'm not quite sure...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Post by hppav »

Yeah, you've found them before. lol.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

machf, why don't you contact him? Maybe by now he's found more images he could share. Also, with your knowledge of the Trespasser landscape, he might be able to help clarify some of the mysteries. When I first contacted him he was very cordial. I'm sure he'd enjoy hearing from you.
"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

I was just looking over the images, and noticed something I've never noticed before in this one. What is that giant brownish blob behind and to the right of the "Community Center?" I cant see the helipad there either or am I just not seeing it right? Is the blob an out of range building? A big rock? If we don't know and can't figure it out, that might be a good question to ask Brian, machf. :)

EDIT: OK, I see the helipad in this one, but I'm still confused about the "brown blob."

EDIT 2: Now that I look at the first one again, I see the helipad IS there. From the image's vantage point, it just appeared to be part of the top of the building...

EDIT 3 Are there any shots here we haven't seen? Two aren't immediately familiar to me. The Rex and horn head, and the raptor inside the warehouse...

Link
"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

That first picture there Dapper Dan has been found before and that brown blob is an early attempt at a hill. Not a very good one, but it is one.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Dapper Dan wrote:I was just looking over the images, and noticed something I've never noticed before in this one. What is that giant brownish blob behind and to the right of the "Community Center?" I cant see the helipad there either or am I just not seeing it right? Is the blob an out of range building? A big rock? If we don't know and can't figure it out, that might be a good question to ask Brian, machf. :)
Uh... a hill, maybe? It's too big to be just a rock.
EDIT: OK, I see the helipad in this one, but I'm still confused about the "brown blob."

EDIT 2: Now that I look at the first one again, I see the helipad IS there. From the image's vantage point, it just appeared to be part of the top of the building...

EDIT 3 Are there any shots here we haven't seen? Two aren't immediately familiar to me. The Rex and horn head, and the raptor inside the warehouse...
I think the raptor in the warehouse is from one of those 'mini-walkthroughs' that were on the DreamworksGames site. But the image of the Rex and Para isn't (too) familiar. It seems it's from the encounter at the area after the town, though I can't quite find the right angle yet.

No, wait... there was something familiar about those trees that aren't there in the town level... it's from IJ1, rather.

And as i was commenting a couple of dayss ago, the background in that area is very similar to this picture, which just seems to have to been taken from further (around where IJ2 starts now) away in a similar direction:

Those shots are from a review of the demo...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Is it me, or do the objects and textures in Brian's screenshots look cleaner and crisper?

(Yes, I did apply the settings from tips and tricks to my game.)
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Nem
-=TresCom Administrator=-
-=TresCom Administrator=-

Post by Nem »

Yes, the textures were reduced in quality before release. Remenber that even so, there wasnt any computer that could run the game with a smooth frame rate.

A shame, I really like the way the terrain looked.
Last edited by Nem on Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

About that "hill"...
http://trescom.3dactionplanet.gamespy.c ... sed/li.jpg
It's obvious they had issues with rendering distant terrain, as you see here as well, even soon before release, but it seems they corrected that much in time.

Machf I totally agree about the BioSyn helicopter, I had come to the same conclusion long ago and planned it as one of my major locations in "IJ - Old and Improved", however with all this rearranging of terrain sections I'm not sure what I'm going to do now... perhaps I'll end up releasing levels (hopefully different enough from eachother and fun in their own ways) set at different stages in Trespasser development. I think I have some ideas for that.. the EARLIEST images we have of trespasser have a distinct look to them, I could stress that more in the earlier version of the level(s).

I should say, we keep finding images that, even if they are not new, are not featured at TresCom.org. Slugger how about, could we get some of these up there??? Plus there are several that were at the Pine Valley site which we don't have.. some of which I don't personally have saved. :?:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I think I saved them all, in any case... so, if the images on TresCom are going to get updated, let me know. Especially regarding all those locations I managed to establish, mainly from PV and IJ.

PS: Whot has told the forum to notify him when there are new posts here? I keep getting an "error sending email" everytime I post on this thread.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Yeah, that could be good. More references. Yay!

PS. I didn't get the error machf.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I guess you didn't because you replied to my post, not Draco's...
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

machf, perhaps you would like to create a webpage with those images correlated to their ingame location? :?

Here's another idea: how about, as a group project (there are several members who have much knowledge on Tres's terrain), to create a page which shows what the actual island should've looked like, taking into account IJ, PV, and any missing geography inbetween each level?

@Drac -- lemme take a look at how the pages are coded (I do believe it is straight HTML), give me the images you want added, and I'll make it so.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Actually, if machf could send any we don't have on the site your way (via links, emailed images, or both) that'd be the best way to go. 8) And um yeah idk what's up with the emailing thing... it's working fine for me.
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

I can do a simple site for you to put the info on it you want :)