New old review? (and the avi works too!)

Found articles relating to Trespasser

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

New old review? (and the avi works too!)

Post by Dapper Dan »

Found this...
Click on the screens on the first page and they will come up. Have we seen these? I've never seen the AVI before either. There is a mention of the Island's control center? No screen of it though... :cry:
"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yes, I remember seeing that one some time ago... isn't there a local backup at TresCom?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

machf wrote:Yes, I remember seeing that one some time ago... isn't there a local backup at TresCom?
I don't know what we have and what we don't since the search feature only will go back to December of last year... Unless that has been fixed.
"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, I think it would only be necessary to look at the site database...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

The 'new old' article wrote:Sound Deluxe--which produced the audio backdrop for True Lies and Titanic, among others--
Interesting ... remember that one hidden text string in one of the TPA's? It said something about members of the Trespasser Dev. Team hating Titanic! Perhaps they were being sarcastic, but ...

Soundeluxe, who did Tres' sound, apparently also worked on Titanic's sound! Hmm...
masterchiefoo7
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by masterchiefoo7 »

gah now they say 12 regions. well, I guess regions dont have to be levels, though...

Ive seen that video before. I think that it is filmed in game, because the graphics are, uh, .3ds-esque, I guess, but the thingys are moving in the water, so, uh, I dont know.

its definatly that "beta" area, if you guys know what I mean.
Hammond: When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Ian: Yeah, but when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists...

visit my website @ http://www.freewebs.com/masterchiefoo7
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Yeah, I've seen the avi file before, have it stashed on my drive with the others :)