Some more old articles

Found articles relating to Trespasser

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Some more old articles

Post by tatu »

Did a quick search through some game magazine I downloaded from archive.org in hope to find something new (old) on Trespasser. Luckily magazines uploaded to archive.org also gets converted into ones you can search and I found a few interesting ones:

First one I know we already had part of, but the question sheet was new and quite funny!

From Next Generation #42 June 1998
ImageImageImage

This is an ad for the Next Generation #35 where they did that big article about Trespasser in 1997 that contained tons of images not really seen anywhere else. However, the image from this ad is new and quite fun to see the green T-Rex this clearly.

From Next Generation #34 October 1997

We had this ad already but here it is in Italian

From Zeta #44

I also found an Italian article for the game. While most images have been seen in the past, there are one new here which is the last one from IT. Another different one is the GUIApp one with the padlocks, as the one we have for whatever reason have weird green text and such in the GUIApp menu while this seems to be a proper one. Also several of these images we have with the tag from the sites I have forgotten, the shark one and G with the British flag so it is possible they are stock images they were allowed to include in their articles and not ones they took themselves.

From The Games Machine #113 November 1998
ImageImageImageImage

I have saved the most interested one for last. It is from a German magazine and dates back to May 1997. It gives some early information on how they wanted the game and some new early "staged" render images. One which appear to include the long clawed raptor from the TestScene in the early builds. A funny thing is that the article says they started the game in April 1996 (well they did, but mainly on the planning stage) and say the game is about 60% finished at this time :P

From PC Games 05/97

For fun, here is a quick Google Translate of the article (in spoiler to avoid wall-of-text):
Spoiler: show
Serialized novel
Jurassic Park 2: The Lost World is already months before its premiere (Summer in USA, fall in Germany) by many as considered the potential movie hit of the year. No So it's amazing, that's it second part of Steven Spielberg's dinosaur parade also on the PC will find a home. Under the title Trespasser: Jurassic Park is said to be the digital variant at the plentiful prominence currently tinkers, the cash registers of Dreamworks Interactive bring to ring.
While the story not much of the cinematic sequel More ols is a sleazy AufwenB of the first part 1st (Michael Crichton's book on the film was published in the past Year, the plot is based just loose on the game Cinema strip and is relatively simple. Film visitors will find out that International Genetics on a neighboring island have built another dinosaur farm with nouns "Site B." Although the first Jurassic Park was destroyed, meanwhile multiply on "Site B" the dinosaurs at breakneck speed. However, nobody knows exactly where this area is located. Right here the end Parallels to the film, and Trespasser begins.
With typical Hollywood logo you get an airplane on the way to Costa Rica. Anne, the heroine of the game, survives the Disaster and finds himself on the beach of "Site B" again, at the latest after the first Raptor attack she is this island so fast as possible, you have to leave. Your only hope is in it, the one across the Jungle running power lines to follow in the Hope, at the end of a Radio to find. understands itself, that the Raptors and T. Rex her Doing the best to make Anne part of their plans for lunch.

Natural Mystery
Before Anne can equip herself with more powerful weapons, she has to face the Dinosaur on natural Get rid of the way. Next sticks and stones can they also take advantage of the terrain and try the animals in a trap too Ken. In her attempt to escape from the island, Anne works through various types of money: Jungle, mountains, steppes and even industrial plants. Rifles and projectile weapons she finds it later in the game. The pleasing for a 3D game Numerous riddles do not show in the constant shifting of any levers and Switch, but require accurate consideration and the Observance of physical laws. Tijren can enter, windows are broken become. Anne can fall pick up or tracker in lure a building and she lock up there. At all, one is growing up Heroine to your heart, she still lives in spite of everything adverse circumstances theirs Sense of humor. Again and again she relaxes the gameplay with her dry, appropriate to the situation in question.

Dino Real
For the representation of the dinosaurs, first of all digital skeleton models were which were then outfitted with artificial muscle strains. The individual body parts were then parameters such as weight, strength and weight Affordable, whereby muscle movements are subject to physical laws. Subsequently were the fashion parts with skin and Musculature covered, and the result is a realistic-looking movement model.
The Artful Intelligence of Dinosaur objects is based on the principle of her primary instincts. Corresponding reactions result from the momentary Condition of the animal and are therefore different for each dinosaur different. The variables are Fear, love, anger, curiosity, Hunger, Thirst, fatigue, Pain etc .. Although the State of mind is a combination of all these values, Some of these object values are higher than others. The Computer calculates the current state and releases the adequate reaction. A raptor startled by a gun shot has high anxiety scores and flees. A mother with a boy attacks immediately, a T. Rex with high hunger values trying to get the player in To turn Adventurer goulash. High pain values however, the behavior of all dinosaurs, including the usually peaceful species, makes them absolutely unpredictable. The publication date envisaged for Christmas, 97, sheds light on the current level of development rather optimistic.

Viewpoint
A computer implementation loosely based on the plot of the second part starting this summer: by Jurassic Park without taking the title! Dreamworks sees that in PC games genre to win no flowerpot with the license alone isf. On the contrary: PC gamers are afraid of the "game back to the movie "With Seamus Blackley hired one of the most renowned designers of the Bronche, Professor Blackley play physicists who want to play games, want to make sure that those who do not wear it qualitatively exceeds its previous products. These include Flight Unlimited, Terra Nova, System Shock and Ultima Underworld.

Image 1: The Raptors will be the nastiest opponents in Trespasser: theirs swift attacks tnu6 you dodge responsive.
Image 2: ^ Trespasser 1st the digital sequel by Jurassic Park Bl, Steven Spielberg, executive producer
Image 3: All dinosaurs, objects and objects have been down to the smallest detail rendered in order to put a worthy film adaptation on the Seine.
Image 4: This concept study shows two raptors hunting for potential victims. How this scene is integrated into the game is not yet clear.
Image 5: Audi pterosaurs will be part of the Trespasser team. attacks from the air are not uncommon.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Re: Some more old articles

Post by Hilwo »

Haven't read the translation text yet, but those images are awesome! Do you have some sort of time machine none of us are aware of? :D
Like you, I especially love that question/inquiry list :mrgreen: Thanks for sharing!!
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Dude these are nice.. Must-haves for the image archive. machf's got some (probable) new stuff for his collection...
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Interesting.
BTW, that translation need some corrections...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

machf wrote:BTW, that translation need some corrections...
I know. I only did a quick google translate :)

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
tatu

Post by tatu »

I found another interesting article today, due to me learning how to use Archive's search better. It is from June 1998 magazine issue.

https://archive.org/details/GamefanVolu ... 1/mode/2up

What I find very interesting in this article is that it contain a lot of various images. We have all except one, the image of Hammond's house. Technically this image is pre-June 1998. This is the earliest image I know we have of "Town" and the only image in a pre-release article with Hammond's house as well.
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I found the article itself entertaining. I don't usually read those... And now, with all the prerelease builds running around in my head, this had a bit of extra meaning. I wonder what build they played.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I need a better look at that image from Hammond's house, it surely caught my attention immediately...

Have you noticed how the raptor next to the barrels in the IJ area looks pretty much the same as the one under the monorail in the image next to it...?
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
tatu

Post by tatu »

Oh yeah, pretty sure it is the same, just taken in a different angle.

All these early screenshots with that raptor in that similar pose looks the same to me. Like they had ONE version that they just switched into a few poses for all the images. :P

Those barrels are used in a few screenshots as well!
I guess it is possible they are not Photoshopped in but rather just static in-game.

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yep. I hadn't realized the barrels were static too, until now.
Even the raptor lying down on its back in that last picture with the other raptor and the rex is the same one... they surely used it a lot in the early days.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Huh I just noticed something... The biggest image, with the Mayan Face... Those rocks that the face is sitting on, are using the same textures as the face itself. :| Possibly they were modeled at the same time and meant to go together? That's pretty interesting.
masterchiefoo7
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by masterchiefoo7 »

Is the pterosaurs comment a joke in the very last image? I don't recall reading about flying creatures in other prerelease materials.
Hammond: When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked!

Ian: Yeah, but when Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists...

visit my website @ http://www.freewebs.com/masterchiefoo7
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Huh? What? Pterosaurs? Where?

EDIT: oh, you mean the earlier mentioned article in German...
tatu

Post by tatu »

masterchiefoo7 wrote:Is the pterosaurs comment a joke in the very last image? I don't recall reading about flying creatures in other prerelease materials.
The pterosaurs image is actually from the Lost World PS1 game IIRC. I think I saw it in an article along with other renders for dinosaurs.

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

tatu wrote: Also several of these images we have with the tag from the sites I have forgotten, the shark one and G with the British flag so it is possible they are stock images they were allowed to include in their articles and not ones they took themselves.
That would be SharkyExtreme and GameSpot UK...