TresCom Forums
http://www.trescomforum.org/

Mythbusters: Race to the Summit
http://www.trescomforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=8745
Page 1 of 1

Author:  LtSten [ Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Mythbusters: Race to the Summit

...becoming more and more suspicious of this track. Seem to be some differences, probably some TV-licensed remix thing. :P

Anyway, timings are (video was annoyingly cut halfway through it):

9:47-end of vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oobYF-EMAOQ

start of vid-0:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu2wl6CTUKs

Playlist might auto-switch from first to second video...

Author:  hppav [ Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mythbusters: Race to the Summit

There was some movie on SciFi that had like a 5 minute version as it's opening credits theme. I think it was one of the Boa movies.

EDIT: Python 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2PI4KmA ... re=related
at 2:36, it's a variation on it though. Like they sampled the first few notes and made an entire song around those first four notes.

Author:  LtSten [ Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mythbusters: Race to the Summit

So, contacted Bill about this particular track being "used" in shows..

Quote:
As it turns out, I used some live orchestra phrases from a sample library for that particular cue, and I'm imagining the cue you're hearing on TV used the same phrases from that library in some similar combination... and I haven't used that library since..

Author:  hppav [ Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mythbusters: Race to the Summit

Wow, so it was never a song to begin with? Interesting.

Author:  makairu [ Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mythbusters: Race to the Summit

This non song is making an appearence in my dnd campaign for sure.

Author:  Microceratops [ Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mythbusters: Race to the Summit

The music that Hppav posted seems to contain sections from a piece from the video game "Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive". Here's the piece itself:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UFUXIWM1

Sounds familiar? ;)

Author:  Draconisaurus [ Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mythbusters: Race to the Summit

LtSten wrote:
So, contacted Bill about this particular track being "used" in shows..

Quote:
As it turns out, I used some live orchestra phrases from a sample library for that particular cue, and I'm imagining the cue you're hearing on TV used the same phrases from that library in some similar combination... and I haven't used that library since..

WTF Sten. You just trampled 12 years of speculation in one short post :lol: I have been telling people to ask the man directly since probably sometime in 2005, and you are the first to get an answer? Bizarre, well done. I hope Mike sees this.

Author:  makairu [ Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Mythbusters: Race to the Summit

Ah, in case anyone is interested, here is another game using a trespasser song... and I swear it is the exact same...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De9m-dXe9YA

*sigh* I still wish that LtSten wouldn't have "ruined" the "fun" of this. I get some strange satisfaction thinking trespasser inspired a part of pop culture.

Author:  LtSten [ Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mythbusters: Race to the Summit

makairu wrote:
*sigh* I still wish that LtSten wouldn't have "ruined" the "fun" of this. I get some strange satisfaction thinking trespasser inspired a part of pop culture.


Oh thanks. :P

Author:  tatu [ Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mythbusters: Race to the Summit

LtSten wrote:
makairu wrote:
*sigh* I still wish that LtSten wouldn't have "ruined" the "fun" of this. I get some strange satisfaction thinking trespasser inspired a part of pop culture.


Oh thanks. :P


It's the same thing with beta stuff or other stuff. Everyone wants them, but then when we do get them, people regret it :lol:

Author:  RexHunter99 [ Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mythbusters: Race to the Summit

tatu wrote:
LtSten wrote:
makairu wrote:
*sigh* I still wish that LtSten wouldn't have "ruined" the "fun" of this. I get some strange satisfaction thinking trespasser inspired a part of pop culture.


Oh thanks. :P


It's the same thing with beta stuff or other stuff. Everyone wants them, but then when we do get them, people regret it :lol:

:? I never regret it, beta stuff is the best.

Author:  makairu [ Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Mythbusters: Race to the Summit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_u8Y8rSSCw
from 0:24 on. The game Mount and Blade.
Don't know why I even still care, but I continue to post these things I find.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/