Recreating Trespasser Soundtrack cover

Discuss and analyze Bill Brown’s score for Trespasser.

Moderators: scallenger, TresCom Board Managers

Dr. Grant
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Recreating Trespasser Soundtrack cover

Post by Dr. Grant »

As I told on my last post, I registered on February. And the reason I registered was to discuss Scallenger's Trespasser Soundtrack, whose site was brought back online those days. I expect to do it some day; can't do it now because it's been a long time I don't listen it. Anyway, I was very excited by finally having the chance to get the complete soundtrack. And it was only there that I discovered that the soundtrack would have been released, as seen on this picture, originally published on Bill Brown's website:

Same photo, but now with some photoshop work:

Scallenger tried to recreate this cover, which was a very nice idea, but it didn't turned out as good as it could. It is not hard to recreate this cover, since there is few elements on it. So, I tried to do it myself. I started to look for the T-Rex background on the internet; found some versions untill I got one that satisfied me. Trespasser sign could be found at Trespasser's official site, BUT... DreamWorks Games websites went down!!! I couldn't find the sign, so my project stopped... Untill now. I recently found the sign at zemk's Jurassic Park site and started working on the cover. It's turning out great, but I'm stuck again.

The botton says "Original Music Score By Bill Brown". Though, I don't have a font that matches it... Does anyone has one? I recognize the font, though I don't know it's name... Does anyone know it? And... Can someone recognize the logo on the botton right? I can't...
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Re: Recreating Trespasser Soundtrack cover

Post by Mickey »

The botton says "Original Music Score By Bill Brown". Though, I don't have a font that matches it... Does anyone has one? I recognize the font, though I don't know it's name... Does anyone know it? And... Can someone recognize the logo on the botton right? I can't...
The logo on the far corner is this one:
About the Font have no idea what Font it is since basically it could be any :mrgreen: but it looks like a Tech Font to me... Try searching google.com you might find one that resembles the one on the original design.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Are you sure that isn't the Universal logo? SounDelux did the special effects for the game, not the music...

Interesting picture...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

machf wrote:Are you sure that isn't the Universal logo? SounDelux did the special effects for the game, not the music...

Interesting picture...
But don't forget Bill Brown Worked for SoundDelux at the time before he decided to go independent and have his own studio...(If I remember correctly :lol: )
MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

Mickey is right. At the time, Bill Brown worked for that company and that logo is the SounDeluxe logo almost definately. I couldn't see Universal putting their logo on Bill Brown's soundtrack.

Furthermore, I don't think the soundtrack was necissarily going to be released. If you ask me, the cover we see was created either as a Limited Promotional Release or simple to be used in that little display we see in the photo.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Post by hppav »

The green and blue stripe are missing in the cover version of the logo though, but it is definitely the SounDelux logo
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
TrikeUatra
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrikeUatra »

If you're struggling to find the font, I'd recommend trying out:
http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/
Or
http://www.identifont.com/

I almost always find the font I'm looking for using these sites. The second is easiest and probably more accurate (answer questions about the letters), but the first is faster (upload an image of the letters, (but you'll have to try and get rid of as much background etc. as possible) and it will do a quick search for similars). Hopefully the font you find is free to download - if not, try a similar one which is free, or try Googling the name of the font along with "similar" and "free". :P Good luck recreating the cover :)
Dr. Grant
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Dr. Grant »

Mickey wrote:The logo on the far corner is this one:
The image did not opened here... Could you post it again?
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Dr. Grant wrote:
Mickey wrote:The logo on the far corner is this one:
The image did not opened here... Could you post it again?
how about a Link
http://paginaamg.no.sapo.pt/soundelux.jpg
Did that work? :)
Dr. Grant
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Dr. Grant »

Mickey wrote:how about a Link
Sorry, but no... ó_ò
I've tried to copy it's link and paste on the web browser before; didn't work...
I don't know what's happening...

Would you mind to upload it to imageshack?
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Dr. Grant wrote:
Mickey wrote:how about a Link
Sorry, but no... ó_ò
I've tried to copy it's link and paste on the web browser before; didn't work...
I don't know what's happening...

Would you mind to upload it to imageshack?
Ok here you go:
http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... luxsr0.jpg
:)
Dr. Grant
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Dr. Grant »

Now it worked. Thank you, Mickey!

And it seens that you guys are right; I believe that logo is indeed from Soundeluxe.
hppav wrote:The green and blue stripe are missing in the cover version of the logo though, but it is definitely the SounDelux logo
As Mickey's image was not working for me, I did a picture serch on google for "soundelux logo", and found that one:

Do you guys aprove it?
TrikeUatra
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrikeUatra »

I think it's great :yes: - but if you're trying to make it look as close to the original cover as possible, try using that old logo, and maybe even photoshop out the external rings which aren't on the original. :wink:
Dr. Grant
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Dr. Grant »

I would like it to look as close to the original as possible, TrikeUatra, but Mickey's picture is too small... It would be a painless job to clean it from those rings, but I would not use it whithout doing it.

Anyway, I added the logo I found and I thought it didn't worked out... I guess I'll not use it... If only we could found the older logo in better quality...

Well, I will keep you informed.
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Dr.Grant is this one better?