Trespasser in Power Rangers: Ninja Storm

Discuss and analyze Bill Brown’s score for Trespasser.

Moderators: scallenger, TresCom Board Managers

RickRex
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Trespasser in Power Rangers: Ninja Storm

Post by RickRex »

Hi there.
Well about half and hour I was brushing my teeths after meal while my little brother was watching JETIX, a child tv channel here in Mexico. He was watching the Power Rangers Ninja Storm and in a fighting scene I'm sure I at least listen to 3 different Trespasser songs.
Life Will Find a Way... "Dr. Ian Malcolm & John Hammond"

Don`t worry I'm not making the same mistakes again "John Hammond"
No, you're making all new ones "Dr. Ian Malcolm"

T-Rex!, You said you got a T-Rex? "Dra. Ellie Sattler"
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hey that's neat! :D Anyone here watch power rangers these days? And, JETIX is the kid's programming division of ABC Family channel here in the US. :) I doubt JETIX is actually a channel where you are, but while it's on I can definately see how it might seem like that heh. (Digimon reruns are on JETIX this is now I know ;))
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

JETIX is a cable channel in Latin American TV, formerly it was FOX Kids. It's run from Argentina (which is most annoying, hearing the announcers speak with that Argentinian accent all over Latin America).
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
RickRex
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by RickRex »

I didn't knew it was in U.S. too.
Yeap the Jetix here in Mexico is teh same to latin america. I din't knew it is broadcasted from Argentine, I didn't noticed Argentinan accent or perhaps it's kind of similar to the Mexico D.F. accent, which is in where in Mexico the traduction of programs it's done. I liev on the northeast of Mexico.

hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Post by hppav »

Jetix is a part of the Toon Disney channel... Doesn't make sense though because TOON Disney is showing POWER RANGERS. :lol:
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Well, the Disney Channel for Latin America has two versions, a Mexican and an Argentinian one, whose programming is mostly the same but with a 2 or 3 hour difference, local announcers and commercials, and some local programming here and there. Around here we were getting the Mexican version but some stupid cable users asked the cable company to put the Argentinian one instead because they liked the announcers betters or something. I think it's the same with JETIX...

How would you English speakers like it if your TV announcers spoke English with a Don Corleone accent all the time? That's more or less what the Argentinian accent sounds like to my ears...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
RickRex
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by RickRex »

MMM... Too bad machf.
But it's nice to see you like the Mexican version better, hehehe, that just leaves me to say something...

VIVA MEXICO, hehehe

Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Cartoon network has live action shows on sometimes

i.e.

Honey I shrunk the kids (the movie)
Pee wee's playhouse (though that's on adult swim)
GigaY2k
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by GigaY2k »

I'm from Argentina, and I hate the local version of Jetix :x . There are a few shows that I watch, but as soon as there's a commercial I change the channel.

BTW, here in Argentina Disney's most recent movies are being translated locally, and although the most recent ones aren't too bad I still don't get used to my own accent.
Visit my deviant at:
http://mrseyker.deviantart.com/

"Go tell the Spartans, passerby, that here, by Spartan Law, we lie"
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

GigaY2k wrote:I'm from Argentina, and I hate the local version of Jetix :x . There are a few shows that I watch,
The Fairly Oddparents, by chance?
but as soon as there's a commercial I change the channel.

BTW, here in Argentina Disney's most recent movies are being translated locally, and although the most recent ones aren't too bad I still don't get used to my own accent.
If it were for the local market only, it would be fine, but if it's for a broader, international audience, they should follow the example of Mexican professional translators and use a "neutral" accent. But of course, there may be people like the Spanish, who hate it when they don't hear people on TV or movies speak with the same accent as they do...
RickRex
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by RickRex »

If it were for the local market only, it would be fine, but if it's for a broader, international audience, they should follow the example of Mexican professional translators and use a "neutral" accent. But of course, there may be people like the Spanish, who hate it when they don't hear people on TV or movies speak with the same accent as they do...
Still the best/most fair, way of translating is as you say, a neutral one, so that no accent would have some preference.

GigaY2k
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by GigaY2k »

machf wrote:The Fairly Oddparents, by chance?
Edit: Yes I watch FOP.
machf wrote:
but as soon as there's a commercial I change the channel.

Acording to my dad Mexican translations isn't "neutral", specially when it comes to the use of certain words. But he hasn't seen Argentinan translations so far.

I agree with him in that certain words or phrases Mexican use are not of common use, specially here (don't know the rest of latinoamerica). But in our translations, there is too many local slang (which I know some people might found shocking - that last word is not the best one to express what I'm trying to say, but I'm translating my thoughts to English "on the fly" and that's the best I came up with).
Last edited by GigaY2k on Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit my deviant at:
http://mrseyker.deviantart.com/

"Go tell the Spartans, passerby, that here, by Spartan Law, we lie"
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I was speaking about the accent, not the expressions. I agree that they use too many regional expressions, but that's always hell to translate, especially when it comes to slang, as that kind of thing varies a lot, not only from country to country, but among different regions of the same country too. Blame the original show's writers for including such expressions in the first place. :wink:
RickRex
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by RickRex »

I never tought abiut the slang.
Yeap I think that is kind of inevitable bacuse of the text they want to translate.