Recreating Trespasser Soundtrack cover

Discuss and analyze Bill Brown’s score for Trespasser.

Moderators: scallenger, TresCom Board Managers

Dr. Grant
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Dr. Grant »

Mickey wrote:Dr.Grant is this one better?
Much better, Mickey!

Though, when I clean it from the blue and green rings, it does not differ much from the one I found...

Is there any other Soundeluxe logo version?
TrikeUatra
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrikeUatra »

The only other Soundelux logos I know of are the microphone one;

the one used on the site currently;

(You could printscreen a better version from the flash loading screen on the Soundelux site)

and the shield which is emblazoned on Soundelux products (microphones) which I can't find a good picture of, but Google images will show you it.

None of these, however, look like a really good resemblance...

Perhaps... you could try adding blue to the newer logo you have currently, inside the silver ring. That may make it resemble the one on the cover, and will probably be slightly better quality than the smaller one in Trespasser's menu. :wink:
Dr. Grant
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Dr. Grant »

TrikeUatra wrote:you could try adding blue to the newer logo you have currently, inside the silver ring. That may make it resemble the one on the cover, and will probably be slightly better quality than the smaller one in Trespasser's menu. :wink:
Actually it doesn't seen to me that there is blue inside the silver ring on Bill Brown's cover... Does it seen to you? And what you mean by "the smaller one in Trespasser's menu"? :|
TrikeUatra
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrikeUatra »

The one Mickey posted is from Trespasser's menu ;)

And... I do think there is blue in the center. :yes: I think that's why it was originally mistaken for a Universal logo by someone.

I enhanced the picture you posted a bit, and brought up the brightness and contrast.

This is what it looks like, with some quite clear blue in it. Too much, I think, to just be stray pixels of colour.

I think if the logo actually had space in it, rather than blue, the colour would be more in tone with the terrain, like so;

Dr. Grant
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Dr. Grant »

TrikeUatra wrote:The one Mickey posted is from Trespasser's menu ;)
God, it's true! :sick:
I guess I never noticed that before! How could I be that blind? Actually, when Mickey posted the picture, I recognized the background as "Trespasserish". My first thought was that he had taken the image from the cover itself... :P
I decided to look through Trespasser's directory to find that by my own. It's on the "menu" folder, under the name Sndelux.TGA. I decided to open every file on that folder; there are some funny stuffs there: a Trespasser title in white and red, Jurassic Park style (ms_tpass.tga) and a loading screen for Pine Valley! (li_pv_0.tga)
I guess those are no news for you, guys, but anyway...
And you convinced me about the blue thing, TrikeUatra.
TrikeUatra
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by TrikeUatra »

Things in the menu folder are certainly no news to me - I've been working with it for quite a while with a few menus I have produced and others which are *hopefully* going to be finished. :P
There are also a few other guys who have gone through all the menu files and also found the interesting stuff, including unused images (such like the white & red "Trespasser" you mention) and remnants of an installer a few more graphics than the one Trespasser was shipped with. :yes:

Glad that you agree :)