small issue i had

FAQ and tutorials on how to mod Trespasser. For viewing only.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers, TresCom Developers

machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Re: small issue i had

Post by machf »

Only the "base" dinosaurs have physics boxes, the other ones point to the "base" one's physics, just like tatu mentioned...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
gamernoob
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by gamernoob »

is it like a raptor modeled body when i click the $
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

No, I think you mean the shadow meshes, simplified raptor-like shapes which are used to calculate the shadow over the terrain or various objects faster than it would take to calculate the shadow for the actual dinosaur's shape...
Physics boxes begin with a $ too, but they are just rectangular boxes around the body, tail and head of the dinosaur.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Find RaptorA, assuming you're using that one, wherever it is. You can type any text, btw, in the Value Table script window, then highlight it with the cursor, and press to "Jump to Selection" button, and it will bring you wherever that named object is (if anywhere) on the map. Note also that you can set TresEd location bookmarks by hitting CTRL+F2, then visit them by hitting F2.
gamernoob
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by gamernoob »

thank you it works now
gamernoob
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by gamernoob »

i got this error when i try to put dennis nedry on my level

ERROR: PID is missing texture "Map\contestlev\Nedry_health_ZOMGDEAD.bmp", used in Player "Dennis", value Anim10
ERROR: PID is missing texture "Map\contestlev\Nedry_health_10.bmp", used in Player "Dennis", value Anim09
ERROR: PID is missing texture "Map\contestlev\Nedry_health_20.bmp", used in Player "Dennis", value Anim08
ERROR: PID is missing texture "Map\contestlev\Nedry_health_30.bmp", used in Player "Dennis", value Anim07
ERROR: PID is missing texture "Map\contestlev\Nedry_health_40.bmp", used in Player "Dennis", value Anim06
ERROR: PID is missing texture "Map\contestlev\Nedry_health_50.bmp", used in Player "Dennis", value Anim05
ERROR: PID is missing texture "Map\contestlev\Nedry_health_60.bmp", used in Player "Dennis", value Anim04
ERROR: PID is missing texture "Map\contestlev\Nedry_health_70.bmp", used in Player "Dennis", value Anim03
ERROR: PID is missing texture "Map\contestlev\Nedry_health_80.bmp", used in Player "Dennis", value Anim02
ERROR: PID is missing texture "Map\contestlev\Nedry_health_90.bmp", used in Player "Dennis", value Anim01
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

You're missing another object with those textures. What level did you import the player mesh from?
gamernoob
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by gamernoob »

machf wrote:You're missing another object with those textures. What level did you import the player mesh from?
nedryland
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hmmm. I just happened to look at that one earlier and couldn't find which object it was that should have those textures...

EDIT: now I found it, it's this one:

Code: Select all

ValueTable for instance 12 "NedryHealthStrip" :

group NedryHealthStrip = {
    int ext_GeometryType = 2
    bool Visible = false
    bool Shadow = false
}
It's an invisible object, you need to turn on "Invisible instances" in TresEd, or search for "NedryHealthStrip". Export it as a .tpm and import it into your level.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

As a note, Nedry is a guy and the level won't sound right with Anne vocal cubes. You could just not implement them, it sounds alright silent, however if you want to try getting sounds out of EastDock let us know.