TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:57 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Hello community I had a dream that I would create something for the trespasser once, and I'd like to go into it. But I do not know what I need for the tools and where can I find them? What I need for the tools to create modifications? Is something officially released? any editors? plugins? :?:

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 4:45 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Basically, you'd need:

• TresEd and GeomAdd (fan-made tools).
  • GUIapp (official tool, an updated version can be found together with the current CE release).
  • TPM import/export Maxscripts.
  • 3DS MAX or Gmax.

There are some more tools, but those are for things like adding new sounds and creating triggers.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:54 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

For figurin' out how to do stuff, I recommend the TresEd video tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11093

For editing, I recommend downloading Trespasser Twilight linked in my sig, which the utilities you'll need + is used in the tutorials.

Good luck !

Image Image T-Script Reference / Trespasser Twilight / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:53 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Where and with what program to script the mission, etc.?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:00 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

"Script the mission"? There's no such thing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:15 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

commands? codes? etc .. setting the starter, setting AI physics and such things

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:58 pm 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Melber wrote:
commands? codes? etc .. setting the starter, setting AI physics and such things

I would suggest checking out and explore a level from the game and check out the various script applied to triggers or the objects themselves.
It is not like more modern game where you have menus for various scripting and stuff, or anything like making something in the Unreal Engine and software like that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:24 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Trying basic modification of the Demo in TresEd is a good idea. That's how I got started.

Image Image T-Script Reference / Trespasser Twilight / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:56 am 
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Draco's right, you're probably best starting out by taking one of the retail levels and editing it a bit with TresEd. You can do basically everything you need to make your level in TresEd, aside from importing new objects, which requires GeomAdd. Trespasser modding is a lot more akin to creating custom maps in a larger video game than it is to creating a game from scratch on Unity or Unreal or something like that - much easier, at least. There's no coding involved at all, just editing of T-scripts. Start small and go from there, you'll catch on quickly.

You'll also want to keep the Script Reference handy, as you will need it when creating triggers and editing object values:
http://www.trescom.org/files/docs/tscript.html

My currently active projects:
Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD: Beach (Released!) / Jungle Road | TheIdiot's release thread

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:57 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Well, I do not know what I'm doing wrong, but why the fuck does GeomAdd not work me? anybody do know how to run it? everything what Is wrote, I did it :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:32 pm 

The first (left) notification is a note about you having the big patch installed, and in order for the game to discover the level you must copy the .scn and .grf to that folder.

The other one I don't know exactly. It could be that it doesn't like the "-" in the folder name, as I know I've had issues with that in the past.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:11 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Recommendation: copy everything from the "Patch" folder inside the "data" folder (wherever you copied the CD contents first) and overwrite the original level files. Then you can delete the "Patch" entry from the Windows registry (and from the .ini file if you're using CE with that option).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:56 am 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Ahhgrr..!! :x I tried to move everything with a patch but unsuccessfully. So I deleted registry patches but still nothing. So I uninstalled the trespasser and deleted the game registry, then I installed the game but did not patch it i tried it again but again the incomprehensible mistake :sick: another bug is that I chosecreated Arp.scn but why it writes : soubory.scn ? Exist another program for adding model to level?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:48 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Well, if it isn't there, where is it? Search for it and place it there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:57 pm 
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Show us a picture of the folder where the .scn file is located, and the level files themselves. That will help us figure out what's going on with this "missing file" error. There should be five types of file: .SWP, .SCN, .GRF, .WTD, .PID for each level, and they should all be in the same folder.

My currently active projects:
Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD: Beach (Released!) / Jungle Road | TheIdiot's release thread