TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: small issue i had
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:14 am 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

everytime i put a brachiosaurus to my level when i try to get close with it the game crashes always

Post subject: Re: small issue i had
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:27 am 
T-Rex
T-Rex

gamernoob wrote:
everytime i put a brachiosaurus to my level when i try to get close with it the game crashes always

Sounds like there's something wrong with the bones or physics objects. Did you select ONLY the brachiosaurus when exporting it? If you select multiple objects, you have to select their physics as well, or, in the case of dinosaurs, their bones.

My currently active projects:
Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD: Beach (Released!) / Jungle Road | TheIdiot's release thread

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:06 pm 
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

What TheIdiot wrote. Also make sure you are exporting it to .TPM and not a .3ds model.

A hint: We are quite a small community so you can post new questions in the same topic instead of making a new one :)

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:42 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

and i had an issue when i tried to make a dino fighting video i don't know why triceratops or stegosaurus don't attack the velociraptor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:17 pm 
T-Rex
T-Rex

gamernoob wrote:
and i had an issue when i tried to make a dino fighting video i don't know why triceratops or stegosaurus don't attack the velociraptor

There are a multitude of reasons that this could be happening.

The herbivores need to have high Anger values to make them actively attack other dinosaurs, and their target dinosaur has to be on a different Team than them. Make sure the Raptor has high Anger and high Hungeras well so that it tries to kill the other dinosaurs (setting it TOO high - around 0.9+ - will make it recklessly run in and not stop attacking, which is pretty unrealistic). Also make sure they have Acts in their script which actually allow them to attack, which are "ActRam" for a triceratops and "ActTailSwipe" for a stegosaur. You can also give the stego "ActBite" if you want to allow it to attack with its head as well.

Even if your stegosaur and triceratops are set-up properly to fight back against carnivores, quadrupedal dinosaurs tend to be pretty terrible at attacking effectively as they turn very slowly. That being said if a carnivore gets in front of a herbivore with ActRam, it will usually get killed. Trespasser AI is often totally unpredictable.

Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD: Beach (Released!) / Jungle Road | TheIdiot's release thread

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:47 am 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

and other issue i had when i place a wall or a structure it has no collision

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:24 pm 

gamernoob wrote:
and other issue i had when i place a wall or a structure it has no collision

You need to also export the invisible walls (F button in the menu bar will show them.

Did you resolve any of the other issues you had?

"The main laboratory and administrative buildings. This is where we made our work, where the real magic trick happen. When they are in need of height fixing, they'll come here." - Hammond

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:28 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

What was the wall you were using? Object name -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:04 am 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Draconisaurus wrote:

its a electric fence and gate wall both has no collision

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:44 am 
T-Rex
T-Rex

gamernoob wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:

its a electric fence and gate wall both has no collision

Did you export them both at the same time in a single go? You have to select their $ physics (which can be made visible through the "Visibilty" bar in TresEd) as well when selecting multiple objects. It's probably better to export objects one-at-a-time just to be on the safe side, especially if you're new to Trespasser editing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:56 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Also do watch these 2 videos on TresEd usage - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11093

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:43 am 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

other issue is texture when i put a path texture this is what happen if i test it

Attachments:
Trespasser Custom Edition 2018-10-11 18-41-32-055.jpg
Trespasser Custom Edition 2018-10-11 18-41-32-055.jpg [ 653.51 KiB | Viewed 81 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:49 pm 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

and other thing i had how to make a friendly carnivore that will not care about your present actually making the archetype to -1 may not work when it sees me got chase by other hostile predator than the -1 carnivore starts to chase me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:51 pm 
T-Rex
T-Rex

The path texture is messed up because its palette is different than that of the base terrain. Remember that Trespasser .bmp images have to be in the 256-colour indexed format. All terrain textures have to use the same palette or they will be messed up like that. You can easily convert one file's palette to another's by copying+pasting your new texture into the texture that you want to use the palette of, then saving your converted image over the original image that you wanted to convert.

As for the dinosaur issue, there are soooo many things that could be wrong. Your -1 archetype dinosaur should avoid trying to eat Anne, but if it's angry, it might still attack her. You can make a dinosaur completely ignore specifically the player by setting its "Human-" float values to 0 (HumanFear, HumanLove, etc), though if you do something to it in-game it might still get mad and attack. Read through the CAnimal settings in the Script Reference, they are well-documented and should point you in the right direction.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:56 am 
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

ok and also thanks it work now