Trespasser Pictorial

A discussion and "how to" of running Trespasser under the Linux operating system. You do not have to be registered for posting in this forum!

Moderators: scallenger, Dapper Dan, TresCom Support Team

Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Trespasser Pictorial

Post by Dapper Dan »

I was going through some recent sceenshots and thought I'd make a photo album of what I consider the best or most interesting ones. All were taken while running Trespasser under Cedega 4.4 on Slackware Linux. I hope you enjoy them.

Trespasser Pictorial
"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by Slugger »

Cool Dan.

You have an eye for photography. :)
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
yochenhsieh
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by yochenhsieh »

Still Software mod, Dan:?
Have you tried the recent http://www.winehq.org builds?
It can run with hardware(DRI) mode but the performance* isn't as good as Cedega.

Just download the wine binary for your distro, install it. Then run winecfg for configuration;-)

Try it!

*Possibly because I didn't install the proprietary driver for my ATI card:p
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

I'll give it a shot! Thanks! :)

How have you been? Why haven't we seen you in so long?
"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

You have been busy! That Live CD... Is that as in a Linux live CD? Based on Mandriva? Want me to give it a "test spin?"
yochenhsieh
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by yochenhsieh »

Dapper Dan wrote: That Live CD... Is that as in a Linux live CD? Based on Mandriva? Want me to give it a "test spin?"
Sure! Here is some info about it:
It's based on Mandriva 2005, which was released in April-May. It has KDE as default DE, and icewm is included. You can use "guest" to login without password, and the password of root is "mdvlive". The default language is Traditional Chinese, but you may use localedrake & kcontrol to change that. An useful bootcode is typing "livecd union=yes", so that you can "install" softwares via urpmi.
Some known problems are: the disc won't eject after halt or reboot, it boots & runs slower than Knoppix-based Live-CDs, especially in KDE, and root don't have menu(so I recommend login using guest/icewm). However, KDE isn't that bad if you have a recent high-end system...

Happy testing! :)
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

Downloading now. Maybe some of the others here at Trescom will also want to try it out. Then they could get to see Linux in action running entirely from the cd! KDE is really too much like Windows for my taste. ;) IceWM is my favourite windows manager anyway so with it I'll feel right at home! :yes:
Research_Indicates
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Re: Trespasser Pictorial

Post by Research_Indicates »

Good set of shots there Dan, looks darn good for software mode.
Draco master
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Re: Trespasser Pictorial

Post by Draco master »

Nice shots there 8) you know... someone should make that velociraptor with its tail curved :3 :yes: