Playin' Return to castle Wolfenstein =)

A discussion and "how to" of running Trespasser under the Linux operating system. You do not have to be registered for posting in this forum!

Moderators: scallenger, Dapper Dan, TresCom Support Team

IsToR
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Playin' Return to castle Wolfenstein =)

Post by IsToR »

I'm playing Return to castle Wolfenstein under winex3. The only problem is that the sound quality isn't as good, but it's not a big deal. hmm.. I'm gonna see if I can get my hands on the linux version of this game... :):)

Dapper Dan, have you ever played return to castle wolfenstein? If not, I really think you should try it! :yes:
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

Yes I have. It works pretty good under winex3.1 so I'll have to see what happens with it under winex3.2 since it ended all sound problems with Trespasser. When you find the Linux version, please let me know. I never had any luck finding it.
Here's one I've played that's pretty interesting, and there is a Linux port for it..

http://www.s2games.com/savage/
"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."
IsToR
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by IsToR »

To play any quake3 based game under linux you just have to download and install a full linux update and copy all the pak (pak0.pk3 etc etc) files to the baseq3 directory (in wolfenstein it's "Main", not "baseq3"). Then it should work. ;)

BTW, that game looks interesting,,.. gonna try that later.
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

How did you come out reinstalling HL?
"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."
IsToR
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by IsToR »

It soesn't work in H/W mode.. I made a fresh install of halflife and then installed the latest update..
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

..even when you tell it to render in opengl with the command?