Help requested - Want to finish Trespasser!

A discussion and "how to" of running Trespasser under the Linux operating system. You do not have to be registered for posting in this forum!

Moderators: scallenger, Dapper Dan, TresCom Support Team

Qbert

Help requested - Want to finish Trespasser!

Post by Qbert »

Hi!

I played and loved Trespasser when it first came out. For one reason or another, I only got about half-way through the game (due to frequent windows reinstalls, a couple of new systems, etc.). I just tried to install it on my new P4 3ghz Windows XP system--no dice. So I'm wondering if I can play it in Linux (unless you know something about running it in XP, I know this is a Linux site, but it would be easier for me). I don't know where to begin.

I've read some posts about WinEx. Could I download WinEx for free and run it from a cd (like one user suggests in trying out Mandrake) so it won't affect my XP installation?

Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

Qbert, I'm your man. :yes:

You can run Trespasser under Windows XP or Linux. I can send you a "how to" run under Linux if you'd like, or you can run it under XP. Trespasser under Linux is VERY simple to do, and it works as well in software mode using Winex3 as Half-Life does. Trescom is a general Trespasser site that also includes a forum on running Trespasser under Linux, "TresLinux." If you have any questions, just ask. Everyone here is more than willing to help. Oh, and welcome to the community! :)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I guess he may have arrived at this section of the board following any of those articles mentioning that Trespasser has been successfully run under Linux. For Windows XP, he should just check the rest of the forums...
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Okay, so I searched for and read a few posts, but I can't get past the "Please insert the Trespasser cd in C:\Progra~1\Dreamw~1" error. Help!
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

huh?? :?
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Antispam: No

Post by Asjad »

thats weird. :o cant insert a CD into the Harddrive :?
tedmg09130913

how to make trespasser work in xp

Post by tedmg09130913 »

Simply click on the setup file on the cd, or in the hard drive directory where you copied the trespasser cd data to. After that the error will not appear. The easiest way to copy the cd is to drag the cd icon over to the desktop. By the way if you want to run the game of trespasser in xp, you should make sure that windows xp was installed using the fat32 file system. As far as I can tell, trespasser doesn't as well with the ntfs file system and will lock up on a irregular basis;(this is the file system that windows nt uses and unfortunately computer manufacturers often install by default on computers that come with windows xp preinstalled). This is also the default for users that don't pay attention during the windows xp installation process.
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Actually, a good reminder.

Some of these problems people have been posting about might be related to the NTFS file system...