TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:38 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:45 pm 
Offline
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:40 pm
Posts: 3120
Location: Sweden
RexHunter99 wrote:
my system is only 5-6 years old and the bios is dying pretty bad (takes a good 5 minutes to even get past the bios screen :O


Ever thought to format the computer? It helped alot on my last one, at it was 7 years old.

_________________
"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:41 am 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:21 pm
Posts: 10443
Location: Portland, OR
I'd say reformat every 2 to 3 years tops, if you use the computer frequently.

_________________
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Image

Image Image T-Script Reference / Trespasser Twilight / JP Dark Secrets / Tres File Box


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:34 am 
Offline
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 10, 2002 10:26 pm
Posts: 4750
Location: That country nobody likes (you know the one)
jetblack wrote:
On my computer, TresEd only runs at 2 FPS if I have all objects hidden, and barely at all if I turn the regular ones turned on...any idea why?


If I hadn't just suffered through this 2 fps (and that's being generous) using tresed, I would never have believed it could run so horribly. I just finished upgrading to xp and beyond missing sound drivers, I thought everything had gone smoothly. Oh, was I wrong! I could actually see tresed's sky clouds moving 1 frame every 3 seconds... it was sad.

To cut it short, even though xp installed what appeared to be the correct drivers for my video card 32mb NVidia (and this is a ten year old card), they weren't. It took me two attempts at driver downloads from dell before I got the correct ones installed. It runs like it did before, nice and smooth.

So, don't give up looking for the right driver.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:25 am 
Offline
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:12 pm
Posts: 2197
Location: Australia
tatu wrote:
RexHunter99 wrote:
my system is only 5-6 years old and the bios is dying pretty bad (takes a good 5 minutes to even get past the bios screen :O


Ever thought to format the computer? It helped alot on my last one, at it was 7 years old.

The problem is my motherboard's BIOS not my Harddrives, and I've reformatted them multiple times over the years, just ask Draco.

_________________
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:34 pm 
Offline
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:53 pm
Posts: 439
Location: facepunch mostly
Rebel wrote:
jetblack wrote:
On my computer, TresEd only runs at 2 FPS if I have all objects hidden, and barely at all if I turn the regular ones turned on...any idea why?


If I hadn't just suffered through this 2 fps (and that's being generous) using tresed, I would never have believed it could run so horribly. I just finished upgrading to xp and beyond missing sound drivers, I thought everything had gone smoothly. Oh, was I wrong! I could actually see tresed's sky clouds moving 1 frame every 3 seconds... it was sad.

To cut it short, even though xp installed what appeared to be the correct drivers for my video card 32mb NVidia (and this is a ten year old card), they weren't. It took me two attempts at driver downloads from dell before I got the correct ones installed. It runs like it did before, nice and smooth.

So, don't give up looking for the right driver.
Hmm...what drivers might I need?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:42 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:20 pm
Posts: 10679
Location: Lima, Peru
For yours? You'd need to search the Intel site to see if they're still available, but I'm not very optimistic about the results...

_________________
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:25 pm 
Offline
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:12 pm
Posts: 2197
Location: Australia
Intel Graphics is pretty much dead, most people have an nVidia or ATI video card/chip these days, those that don't either have an old computer or are computer illiterate.

_________________
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:37 pm 
Offline
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:53 pm
Posts: 439
Location: facepunch mostly
Sonofabish....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:18 am 
Offline
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:12 pm
Posts: 2197
Location: Australia
jetblack wrote:
Sonofabish....

I've seen nVidia 7800 AGP x8 graphics cards on eBay for 20 USD, cheap considering I got my nVidia 6200A AGP x8 for 40 USD :o

_________________
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:40 am 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:20 pm
Posts: 10679
Location: Lima, Peru
Damn, I need to get one of those, for that price. Although the 6600 I got some time ago isn't bad, either. Haven't seen any around here, so ebay it is, then...
But jetblack would need to check if his motherboard has an AGP slot in the first place...

_________________
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:12 pm 
Offline
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:12 pm
Posts: 2197
Location: Australia
machf wrote:
Damn, I need to get one of those, for that price. Although the 6600 I got some time ago isn't bad, either. Haven't seen any around here, so ebay it is, then...
But jetblack would need to check if his motherboard has an AGP slot in the first place...

I actually did some research on the AGP cards, after the 6200 release, they didn't really do much to increase the AGP card's performance, the 6200A was one of the last AGP power-house cards that kicked major PCI-e ass.

_________________
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:27 pm 
Offline
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:20 pm
Posts: 10679
Location: Lima, Peru
On second thought, I better save for a Core 2 Duo @3.2GHz I've seen and leave this P4 at its current config...

_________________
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:29 pm 
Offline
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:53 pm
Posts: 439
Location: facepunch mostly
snipped because oh god young me is embarrassing


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group