tc_rescue - beta01

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

tc_rescue - beta01

Post by Rebel »

Download the beta here. As previous releases, hardware mode only. No walkthu available, so first one to be rescued can write one if they wish to do so. :)
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: tc_rescue - beta01

Post by Nick3069 »

I'm surprised nobody replied to this by now. I've been busy lately, but I'm looking forward to trying this version.
The Rescue Team
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by The Rescue Team »

This really is great thanks for the work you guys put into things like this. First off here's my review.
(*WARNING* IF ANY THING I SAY IN THIS REVIEW IS WRONG PLEASE TELL ME AND I WILL EDIT, I HAVE NOT FINISHED THE LEVEL)
1.Story 10/10 Very good story with the first two levels and now this level ending the story with you being rescued.

2.Environment 9/10 Beautiful surroundings and i really dig the boat.

3.Enemies 7/10 there wasn't any enemies any where except a boar (which i think that boar is sweet.) I wouldn't have a problem with this except for the fact that there is a shotgun. of course this review could be premature because this is not the final version and i haven't finished the level either.

4.Music 10/10 the music you selected was good ad well placed.

5.Voice overs 8/10 the ones that work are good but you said the voice overs give you hints of what you are supposed to do and i have searched every where and only found 2 the one on the dock and the one when you first enter the boat.

6.New things 10/10 I really think the reloading guns is really cool and that the shotgun actually ejects shells is the best thing ever nice work there.

7.Physical difficulty 6/10 by this i mean risk of dying the only risks are envioronmental. lava,heights,etc. but dont take this to heart this is only the first beta.

8.Puzzle difficulty 10/10 I havent even finished it yet thats how good it is.

9.Models 10/10 I really liked the boar model and the flare gun model and the boats crane.

10.Originality 10/10 I think that this level is very unique and i have never seen one like it.

Overall 90/100 you made an A goodlevel

I am also interested in making a walkthrough if you can help finish the level. :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
Chupacabra
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Chupacabra »

Great level, I can't wait for the finished version. I also can't wait for someone to beat it since I'm stumped after going everywhere, the boat, the bunker, the oil riggy type thing with the gear box, I have no idea how to progress lol. However, as stated above, the ammo and shell expulsion are the coolest things next to Mr. Pig
Lex: I'm a hacker!
Tim: That's what I said: you're a nerd.
Lex: I am not a computer nerd. I prefer to be called a hacker!
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Antispam: No

Post by makairu »

Go to the boat and use a crate to climb on, solve the crane puzzle, get the wd40, go to the tower and use it on the gears.

That's what I'm thinking since at the tower the hint talks about rusty pieces, but I used all of my WD40 and it still didn't work. :(
Christopher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by Christopher »

I’m stuck in two minds over this … I’ve been trying to hold off from playing through Rescue until the final version is released because I don’t want to ruin the level (I’m not really a big fan of playing through alphas/betas and ruining the final experience). On the other hand, I’m really tempted! :P

Don’t make me choose!
Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all." - Principal Skinner.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Hurray! :D The boat finally has a superstructure!

I liked the added detail in this version. It isn't easy to get in the tower, though.

I can't figure what to do either. I've tried looking for flare gun ammo, but not luck. I've tried using the can of WD-40 to oil up the gears and lever in the tower, nothing. I've tried using that machine in the washroom, it made sound, but that's it. I did find a funny easter egg, though. :lol:
The Rescue Team wrote:I really think the reloading guns is really cool and that the shotgun actually ejects shells is the best thing ever nice work there.
That was in the second alpha release, but yes, it is very nice.
The Rescue Team wrote:this is only the first beta.
Maybe it is the first open beta, but there was 2 open alphas before it.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

makairu wrote:Go to the boat and use a crate to climb on, solve the crane puzzle, get the wd40, go to the tower and use it on the gears.

That's what I'm thinking since at the tower the hint talks about rusty pieces, but I used all of my WD40 and it still didn't work. :(
You're actually on the right track, you just haven't found the correct parts and/or spots to oil. I won't tell, since that'll ruin the fun of it. Nick also mentioned something extremely important as well. ;)

*Thanks for the comments above, Rescue team included. It gives us incentive to continue working on the level.
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

Nick3069 wrote: I can't figure what to do either. I've tried looking for flare gun ammo, but not luck. I've tried using the can of WD-40 to oil up the gears and lever in the tower, nothing. I've tried using that machine in the washroom, it made sound, but that's it..
Ditto on all of those, I tried that machine in the washroom like a billion times. -_-'
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

I can't even install it, after it downloads I open the installer and a get an error message box that says "The Setup files are corrupted, please obtain a new copy of the program files.: =/ yet I've redownloaded it three times now an got the same result each time.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

I liked it, I did not finish it though as got lost as to what to do, after I also died a couple of times, but getting to close to the close to the lava, slipping off the as well and jumping off the boat. There is one problem, there's no weapons to attack the boar melee. Forget guns, rocks, sticks, iron rods are the way to go :D

I found getting out of the water a little tricky as well until the right spot is hit or jumping onto the scuba gear. I did not quite figure the shotgun and ammo either. I'll go back to playing it and figure it all out.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Some pretty nice new stuff in here! 8)
Nick3069 wrote:It isn't easy to get in the tower, though.
I figured it out after viewing the area in bones mode.
I can't figure what to do either. I've tried looking for flare gun ammo, but not luck.
Nor can I find it.. I did discover that one of those big luggage crate things has some goodies in it, but can't figure out how to open it. :|
I've tried using the can of WD-40 to oil up the gears and lever in the tower, nothing.
Hmmm... I have not found this WD-40.. And I'm getting a little worn from researching the same ship interior over and over with each release :lol:
I've tried using that machine in the washroom, it made sound, but that's it.
Same.
I did find a funny easter egg, though. :lol:
If it's the same I found, yes it is pretty fun :lol:
The Rescue Team wrote:I really think the reloading guns is really cool and that the shotgun actually ejects shells is the best thing ever nice work there.
That was in the second alpha release, but yes, it is very nice.
Yeah it just has to be mentioned again. Slugger, the other master-scriptor around here, could only get as far as a plane attached to the gun which played an animated texture sequence of a shell ejection when the gun fires.. This is so much cooler. I am still in relative disbelief that a mobile object can be used as a teleport destination. It opens many possibilities - and I can't remember the neat event I abandoned upon once thinking that teleport dest's could not be mobile..
Chupacabra wrote:Great level, I can't wait for the finished version. I also can't wait for someone to beat it since I'm stumped after going everywhere, the boat, the bunker, the oil riggy type thing with the gear box, I have no idea how to progress lol. However, as stated above, the ammo and shell expulsion are the coolest things next to Mr. Pig
Agreed. I also much enjoyed Mr. Pig... and yeah.. I can't figure out what the frak to do, at this point. That flare gun is just screaming to be loaded and shot, to signal for someone to get rescue you.. but jeeez.. (Technically, being in the Ops forum, I have access to discussions about these puzzles, but have not really read them, as I prefer it :P)

Gotta say. The attention to detail in this is amazing. All those working little cabinets and doors with their own sounds.. :| It's what the Crater Facility was most lacking, IMO. I should note, though, that the textures for several things made them too small to read.. oh :| I bet you need to go fix the tpass.ini file manually.. In fact I'm pretty sure that has to be done per-machine. Might help a bit, I'll do that before my next journey..

Hmmmmmmmmm. Still wondering what the frak that room with the layer of water on the floor is for.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

<insert laugh> Well, I could tell y'all how to get rescued, but where's the fun in that? Look at it this way, when someone (whoever that will be) figures it all out, they ought to be mighty proud of themselves. ;)

@Edit: Someone loan Drac some glasses. :lol:
@Edit: Rex, don't know why your download is failing. :|
makairu
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by makairu »

HAHAHA! I think you have us all stumped. :lol:
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

The bloody beta won't even install for me >=[
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!