:(
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Re: tc_rescue - beta01

Post by tatu »

RexHunter99 wrote:The bloody beta won't even install for me >=[
Try the download link I sended you in a PM.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

I rar'ed it up and sent it to Rex via IM. He complained that he couldn't reach 90% of the content (couldn't figure out how to get onto the ship etc.) :lol: You've come up with quite the puzzler here, Reb. I'd say this is just about as easy as the original Myst...
LtSten
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Post by LtSten »

Well I'll give this a go and see. I'll edit this post with more to say once I've (hopefully not) got stuck. :P
Bringing TPA CRCs up the well, amongst other file format adventures.
Blender 3.0 TPM Plugin [Project GitHub]
The Rescue Team
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by The Rescue Team »

*SPOILER WARNING* Wow, this is the first time i have been completely stumped on trespasser, this where im at: I got the flare gun and found the one shot but when i fire it no effect, but im lead to believe i have to call for rescue and then signal where im at. im pretty sure that i have to use that thing on the tower that looks like a radio but i cant get the generator (at least that is what i think it is) behind it to turn on even when i oil it with wd40 i have oiled the lever too with no effect and i cant get the thing thats in the bathroom to do anything except make a noise and i have opened all the chest possible and nothing. i would love to make a walkthrough but i cant figure this part out if you want you can post what i need to know here or send me an email at

fig978@yahoo.com (dont judge the email i like fig newtons)

If you send me an email please post here that you did. If you want me to figure it out on my own just tell me but warning i might commit public suicide if you do ( just kidding or am I?,SERIOUSLY JUST KIDDING THOUGH)
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

I know it it goes now, figured it out last night, through a lot of trial and error though. Unfortunately had use the fly cheat a few times as I got stuck in the boats walls and dropped the flare gun behind a chest when it loaded. But I never actually finished it as I could figure out where the flare should be fired from but I did hear the sound saying I should fire it from somewhere close by that's high, I also for odd reason could not get back onto the boat from the side. Oh and getting onto the tower is actually difficult, not the climbing up the ladder that's hard its actually getting round to the ladder, I found myself slipping off the terrain a lot and jumping onto the ladder can be lethal if you slip off you'll just slip down the terrain and impact hard into the water, died a few time doing this as well. Have to really cling hard to the side.
How exactly do the guns reload? I could not manage to reload the shotgun and even ended up with it getting stuck mid-air and the hand got locked as well letting me do that stretch arm strong thing,
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

The machinery in the bathroom is the pump for the potable water stored in the tank adjacent to the bathroom. The tank's empty, so the pump is running dry, hence auto shutdown.

I'll throw a bone. The lever is indeed one area that needs oil (and it isn't the top, obviously). Take a good hard look inside the generator's gearbox. Note the mechanical operation, what would rust and prevent the lever from being pulled and releasing the main shaft?

Honestly, we'd hate like hell to post up a screenie and give away the puzzle. Someone's gotta figure it all out (if they haven't already given up on it).

*Gun reload: Shoulder the spaz, reach down and in to pick up the shell pack (from the locker(s)), enigma. That's it, Bub. ;)

**Getting aboard and off the Icabod is easy if you move the crate up against the hull. Hop down the same way, you shouldn't get hurt. Originally, all you had was the loose board near the docks to work with. That was a bit more difficult -

*** Tower Ladder: That's basically a physical puzzle, once you get the jump down, over to the area of the backside ladder, climbing the ladder is relatively safe if you ease on up there. I only hop myself up at the last rung. I personally use a side step down the terrain to get off of it to avoid nasty tumbles.
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

Ah got it loaded, went and shot that boar first thing.

And manged to finish the level :D finding the right spot was a bit difficult I tried originally from a high point on the terrain where you hear the sound, reloaded the level a few few times and actually got the right spot I thought that little island may have something to do with signalling with the flare.
The Rescue Team
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by The Rescue Team »

Sweet, I finally completed the level. It was a great end to a great series.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

You'll have to finish it again once the complete version is released...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:You'll have to finish it again once the complete version is released...
Everyone else wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo.............................
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I thought that little island may have something to do with signalling with the flare.
Nah, that's just a highly visible easter egg (1 of about 9 or 10 (I lost count)), spongebob's bikini island.
tatu

Post by tatu »

Easter eggs:
Dr. Nick book?
Trescom Dummies?
And that chest with "Spielberg S."
That skull in the cave, look like that one from Indiana Jones?
And that book, with a shadow on?
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

tatu wrote:Easter eggs:
Dr. Nick book?
Trescom Dummies?
And that chest with "Spielberg S."
That skull in the cave, look like that one from Indiana Jones?
And that book, with a shadow on?
Not bad, tatu. The last one scratch, though (I'm not even certain of the book (in the crew quarters?)). I already mentioned bikini island on my own, so that'd leave 5 left undiscovered. One, you probably stepped on and didn't even notice. ;)
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

I'm also thinking Dr McCoy is one. A game is never complete when it has a hospital but without some sort of reference to Star Trek doctors, even happened in Fallout 3 :lol:

Oh, and one of those pictures on the wall perhaps? A real family photo?