Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Antispam: No

"my new level,problems to be solved"

Post by Asjad »

well ive got a list of problems before i can make my level,can someone please help?

a)i cant put flies buzzing around by themselves on dino dung like in the trescom level,it says string anim00 = something (is missing)

b)i cant import waterfalls same problem like the above^string Anim...

c)i cant import different ground objects,eg the waterfall ground object,and some other things that are from the same level.

d)i cant import the jp research center in my level,geomadd gives a warning that it has 546 or so vertices(does that cause verification problems?).

these are some of the things that are preventing me from making a level :? :x
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

a & b > objects with animated textures need the Anim values. These objects include:
-ocean objects
-waterfalls
-tc fly model
-other things like animated displays (Cray room, tc centrifuge)

c > terrain objects have always been a problem, but can be solved. I think you'd have to add the ext_GeometryType extension value to the scripts.

d > number of vertices does not matter much as far as I know. Hppav had imported a model with many more, and there doesn't seem to be a limit. Just ignore the warning.

Ask Rebel for details of the t-scipts, or try to copy the existing scripts from our level.
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Where do i get the anim values????

Post by Asjad »

Where do i get the anim values????i mean Anim00 = <something>.bmp :( geomadd reports them as missing:pid is missing texture <something>.bmp in value Anim00............
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Asjad,
Go to flys near grasses. Turn on invisible objects, position yourself directly beneath the flys, start going down beneath terrain. You'll see a fly strip there which contains all of the fly anim. bmps.
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

and what about the waterfalls ocean and the tc centrifuge + the cray screens,where do i find those?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Asjad, have no idea where the waterfall anim. bmps are hiding; they could be anywhere.

Cray (lab level) they're in the basement, alongside the office furniture. Follow shore out past the Emily, you'll run into them (turn on invisible objects)

Centrifuge: Invisible plate (object) again. Should be just below the floor and beneath the centrifuge themselves. Both centrifuges have their own anim. plate.
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

thanks for your help! :D
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

No trouble at all, Asjad. ;)
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

oh man!!! damn the trespasser engine i still cant import different land objects.......even though i added the geom_ext value^ :lol:
Rebel can u help me out?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Hmm... not sure what you mean by land objects. Are you referring to ground textures? If so, they need to be from the same palette, so importing those textures from various levels doesn't work. In lieu of the base-line fix, eg. deleting all ground textures and, using the same palette, re-import each and every ground object, what you could do is export the main texture, copy and paste your new texture on top of that, rename (resize too) then import. it may change your colors of your bmp some, though if necessary you can always touch it up by hand (yuck, I know).

*If your question was in reference to something else, clue me in a bit more*

**You don't need to add the geometry type extension; L.Objects as type 2, which GeomAdd import as default.
Lou-saydus
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by Lou-saydus »

hm i don't know if this will help you to find the texture anamatios, but if you press p while in tresed it will show you the points of all objects, green = non-visable red = visable.