Download and enjoy! :)
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
TheRaptorKiller
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Re: TC_Rescue Alpha Build 4 Released

Post by TheRaptorKiller »

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I cant download it, it stops at 17.5MB. When I try to run it, it says the setup files are corrupt. I've tried it twice with Firefox and once with Internet Explorer.
Trespasser Movie Project - Private
"HALO ROCKS AND JUST WONT STOPS!" Trent Ferdig after watching new halo:reach trailer. In God we Trust
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Huh. Well, considering the file is 27+mbs, it'd never install at 17.5mbs. Afraid you'll have to wait for one of my partner's in crime (Slugger) to check it out though (or, someone else downloads it successfully).
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

I successfully downloaded and installed it. :?
I've tried playing it on Trespasser Custom Edition, but it froze as soon as I reached the surface of the water.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Well, it's only tested inside of tc_isle, meaning you should have tc_isle installed, patches installed and your version of the trescom.executable engine should be atx patched. The last version of atx I have installed is version 2.03 (atx.dll) and as far as I know, unless someone packed up a different atx.dll, that's the correct version for the isle levels.

It can only be played in hardware mode, display settings should be 1024 x 768 and atx's draw distance variable should be set all the way down. Hardware water and Page Managed should be '1' and Dither and Triple Buffering should be '0'. *Check your tpass.ini file.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by Slugger »

TheRaptorKiller wrote:I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I cant download it, it stops at 17.5MB. When I try to run it, it says the setup files are corrupt. I've tried it twice with Firefox and once with Internet Explorer.
Sorry RaptorKiller, I downloaded it fine from my laptop. Do you experience difficulties when downloading other large files?
TheRaptorKiller
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by TheRaptorKiller »

Slugger wrote:
TheRaptorKiller wrote:I don't know if anyone else is having this problem but I cant download it, it stops at 17.5MB. When I try to run it, it says the setup files are corrupt. I've tried it twice with Firefox and once with Internet Explorer.
Sorry RaptorKiller, I downloaded it fine from my laptop. Do you experience difficulties when downloading other large files?
No never, I'll try and download it again today and let you guys know if I have any problems.

No problems HMMM..............I hate my computer :lol: LOOKS Great guys 8)
Trespasser Movie Project - Private
"HALO ROCKS AND JUST WONT STOPS!" Trent Ferdig after watching new halo:reach trailer. In God we Trust
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Whoa whoa. Cool. First off I forget if the opening ASA animation for the player was in the previous release, but it's awesome. 8)
Second.. I heard some ammo sound when I touched a certain cartridge, but uh, the gun I was stowing did not get any ammo. I tried various methods of attempting to activate some kind of ammo trigger effect after that, to no avail.. Remember that the ammo-reload action is designed to work for walking over ammo clips, not picking them up with the arm control.
So yeah, the ship is pretty cool!!!! Rebel, from all this stuff about ships I'm going to guess you have some personal experience with them...? I <3 all the new models and textures, not to mention the myriad of little sounds that happen as you do things.. And yay for the Science magazine.

One thing... wasn't there supposed to be a dino in this level? I still cannot find one. Or maybe I'm thinking of the Cerato I never found in TC_Isle RC1..
EDIT: No okay, I think I was remembering "Icabod", apparently the name of the ship, which is still a reference I do not understand..

As for installation troubles, please remember that TC_Isle RC1 was already released with the latest (or near-latest) version of ATX installed on it. You should have no need of upgrading the original TC_Isle, or even installing it if you have RC1, for that matter.. (unless you want to go comparing)

I personally think the installer was a bit quirky. When I chose the install directory, I had to manually remove "TC_Isle" from the end of it, to make it install in RC1 and not make a new folder called "TC_Isle" in my RC1 folder. :P I think a simple archive would be great, for now.. or else make it look for RC1 instead. ;)

PS: Without looking in TresEd, I am not sure if the crate-moving puzzle is supposed to work yet..? I couldn't get any actions to take place regarding the crane, so I flytele'ed just below the crates and continued from there on foot..
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Whoa whoa. Cool. First off I forget if the opening ASA animation for the player was in the previous release, but it's awesome. 8)
Glad you liked. That's new (to match how one left tc_isle).
Second.. I heard some ammo sound when I touched a certain cartridge, but uh, the gun I was stowing did not get any ammo. I tried various methods of attempting to activate some kind of ammo trigger effect after that, to no avail.. Remember that the ammo-reload action is designed to work for walking over ammo clips, not picking them up with the arm control.
Yeah, Slugger reported that failed in his testing too. It works in atx203, but not in at207. I've since fixed that (I hope). It should operate properly in the next release.
So yeah, the ship is pretty cool!!!! Rebel, from all this stuff about ships I'm going to guess you have some personal experience with them...?
Nada. I'm afraid of water! Almost drowned as a kid, it still terrifies me.
One thing... wasn't there supposed to be a dino in this level? I still cannot find one. Or maybe I'm thinking of the Cerato I never found in TC_Isle RC1..
Nope, not in this release. Maybe the next. ;) In the Isle, you have to do something aboard the Venture before the Cera makes an appearance.
EDIT: No okay, I think I was remembering "Icabod", apparently the name of the ship, which is still a reference I do not understand..
Icabod Crane. There's a crane and it's aboard a ship named Icabod. Think about a classic novel, a character named precisely that.
I personally think the installer was a bit quirky. When I chose the install directory, I had to manually remove "TC_Isle" from the end of it, to make it install in RC1 and not make a new folder called "TC_Isle" in my RC1 folder. :P I think a simple archive would be great, for now.. or else make it look for RC1 instead. ;)
Well, that's actually set that way for a good reason since if you are installing it into tc_isle's folder it'll put all the files and overwrite existing ones correctly. But yeah, if you're not installing it into tc isle's folder, it'll could be a little annoying.
PS: Without looking in TresEd, I am not sure if the crate-moving puzzle is supposed to work yet..? I couldn't get any actions to take place regarding the crane, so I flytele'ed just below the crates and continued from there on foot..
Yup, that puzzle is operational. Though you have to work on the control station and do a couple of things in precise order before you can actually use the crane.

Thanks for leaving the comments, Drac. We appreciate them. :)
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Rebel wrote:
Icabod Crane. There's a crane and it's aboard a ship named Icabod. Think about a classic novel, a character named precisely that.
Or an episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. :wink:
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Very fun additions , but I was hopping for little more new material. Looking forward to the next one. :mrgreen:
Draco wrote:Without looking in TresEd, I am not sure if the crate-moving puzzle is supposed to work yet..? I couldn't get any actions to take place regarding the crane, so I flytele'ed just below the crates and continued from there on foot..
That was functional in the previous release. :lol:
Rebel wrote:Think about a classic novel, a character named precisely that.
...But Ichabod has an H in his name. None the less, it's still a clever reference to a classic.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Slugger wrote:It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
'

Lol, that title always cracks me up because I spent 4 days in Philly and we had one sunny day, two cloudy days, and one day with thundershowers.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Rebel wrote:Yeah, Slugger reported that failed in his testing too. It works in atx203, but not in at207. I've since fixed that (I hope). It should operate properly in the next release.
Whoa, now that is odd.. Good thing I did not getting around to wasting any time in JPDS1 trying to make it work! :lol:
Nada. I'm afraid of water! Almost drowned as a kid, it still terrifies me.
:lol: Same!! Well, deep water anyway (including the deep end of the pool - I cannot swim).
In the Isle, you have to do something aboard the Venture before the Cera makes an appearance.
That might help explain.. will put on my to-do list.
Ahhhh. I'd forgotten his last name entirely.
Well, that's actually set that way for a good reason since if you are installing it into tc_isle's folder it'll put all the files and overwrite existing ones correctly. But yeah, if you're not installing it into tc isle's folder, it'll could be a little annoying.
Not sure why it should go in the original TC_Isle, but alright. :nerd:
Thanks for leaving the comments, Drac. We appreciate them. :)
No prob!

Nick3069 wrote:
Draco wrote:Without looking in TresEd, I am not sure if the crate-moving puzzle is supposed to work yet..? I couldn't get any actions to take place regarding the crane, so I flytele'ed just below the crates and continued from there on foot..
Heh, what?! I can't get it to work (nothing on the stand-alone console is responsive to me), AND I get stuck easily in the crane ladder platform. And it's rather difficult to hop up onto the ship's main deck, anyway.. I am sure anyone not used to Tres-physics would be unable to do it within their own frustration threshold.
Rebel wrote:...But Ichabod has an H in his name. None the less, it's still a clever reference to a classic.
Nerd! :P
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Draconisaurus wrote:
Nick3069 wrote:
Heh, what?! I can't get it to work (nothing on the stand-alone console is responsive to me), AND I get stuck easily in the crane ladder platform. And it's rather difficult to hop up onto the ship's main deck, anyway.. I am sure anyone not used to Tres-physics would be unable to do it within their own frustration threshold.
You have to fix some parts on the control panel before you can use it :P It's similar to the puzzle in TC-Isle where you have to fix the motor for the Venture's cargo bay doors.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

O_o Fix it with what.. I found no grabbable items in the area other than the gun and ammo.