Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Official TC-Rescue Discussion Thread

Post by hppav »

This thread is to discuss TC-Ops' latest release, TC-Rescue!

Download from The TresCom Homepage!
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Re: Official TC-Rescue Discussion Thread

Post by Nick3069 »

OMG! :o
So this is what the Ops were doing... :?
Is it just me or are the forums very quiet lately? But strangely, the main site hasn't been active like this in years. :lol:
I'm going to try this new level now.

EDIT: Impressive, but there isn't much to do but to explore and it's not as big as TC_Isle.
I must say, getting out of the water at the beginning isn't easy and same thing for getting on the boat/crane thing.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Yeah, the forums are a bit slow lately. Draco is all but gone, all of the "n00bs" have also appeared to have disappeared, and we're down to two or three posts a day from non-Ops members.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Dragonlord
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Dragonlord »

By the way, the alternate download URL seems to be down. At last it lead into nowhere for me. The FilePlanet one works ( well... if you consider FilePlanet to work... not for me... <.=.< )
Leader, Head Programmer: Epsylon | Drag[en]gine ( Wiki )
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Aha! So this is what became of TC Cove.. pretty neat I must say, if obviously quite unfinished. I'm curious what that bunker will be used for.. and that crane. But yeah, some pretty neat stuff in here I must say. (One thing I would add asap is a main ambiance loop.. it's far too quiet.) Well done on all the new models (does credit for that go to Rebel or Remdul?), and this actually makes more sense as an exit to TC_Isle than TC_River, haha..

A note:
Readme wrote:Although TC_Rescue was developed under the version of ATX which is included with TC_Isle, it can be run under ATX2.
Actually, TC_Isle RC1 uses ATX2.06, IIRC... so this note is either redundant or someone built it on the old TC_Isle release. *shrug*
I'm also curiuos why additive TPAs were not used in place of asking the user to manually update his/her audio files, but I suppose this way we also have access to the original sounds for our own use..

As for forum activity. JPFan, Tyrannus whatever, and another member or two are not currently posting and I believe that accounts for almost all of the lack of posts. This just means our activity is now more focused on actual progress on Trespasser projects. I've currently got a couple things in the works that may be released soon.. and I am enjoying the tone in the latest mainpage updates; let us see if we can actualize it here in the forum. Sam, I'm going to hold you to those screen of the week updates. ;)
Microceratops
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by Microceratops »

Really nice level :D The only complaint I have is that I couldn't find any dinosaurs... Is this because I made something wrong or the level is like that?

Oh, and by the way... Then I started playing TC_Isle, and when I finished it I appeard on TC_River... Green! :P That was really funny. Anne looked like a monster-woman.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Well, there are no dinosaurs in level - yet. It's early alpha-builds; normally we'd only hand out alphas to other ops members for feedback and testing. This time around, we're releasing our early level builds to the g.p. as well. (The first alpha release of tc_isle consisted only of a few trees and the terrain and ocean in place!)

*Getting out of the water is a snap (look for the small stepping rocks - hippity hop).

** There's something in the ocean alongside the docks that'll help you get onto to Icabod (crane-barge).

*** By no means is the isle as large as tc_isle. You could consider tc_rescue the conclusion of tc_isle - what happens after she goes for her swim.

Drac, I actually forgot about the additive tpas. Me bad. The crane was modelled by Remdul and although MiketheRaptor doesn't know it, he's actually helped as well by leaving a few useful models behind that I was able to alter and then use. The others, I modeled -

We appreciate the interest shown, especially since alphas are far from finished products. :)
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Draconisaurus wrote:Aha! So this is what became of TC Cove..
Maybe not...perhaps we could spin that into a community level?
Draconisaurus wrote: A note:
Readme wrote:Although TC_Rescue was developed under the version of ATX which is included with TC_Isle, it can be run under ATX2.
Actually, TC_Isle RC1 uses ATX2.06, IIRC... so this note is either redundant or someone built it on the old TC_Isle release. *shrug*
My bad. I was thinking original TC_Isle release. Had the original release separated from the newer releases.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
THEL1NK1N2
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by THEL1NK1N2 »

I'm currently downloading the level as well. Won't be able to play it for some time though, due to a lack of time. :)
Rebel wrote:Well, there are no dinosaurs in level - yet. It's early alpha-builds; normally we'd only hand out alphas to other ops members for feedback and testing. This time around, we're releasing our early level builds to the g.p. as well. (The first alpha release of tc_isle consisted only of a few trees and the terrain and ocean in place!)
We, the G.P., appreciate it. :wink:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

THEL1NK1N2 wrote:I'm currently downloading the level as well. Won't be able to play it for some time though, due to a lack of time. :)
Yes, me too... I downloaded it several days ago, but haven't had the time yet.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

This IS rather exciting
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Cool @ models, wow now I'm wondering what of Mike's was left behind.. *sighs in missing Mike* He's got a couple cool things that will be in JPDS1, too..

machf, it doesn't take more than 10-15 mins Max to get through the whole level, and that's only if you're being slow and methodical on the first time like me. You can see everything in about 5-7 mins if you run around fast - just be careful not to let the hot stuff get you.
Second Illiteration wrote:This IS rather exciting
Lol there's some enthusiasm for you :P
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Draconisaurus wrote:machf, it doesn't take more than 10-15 mins Max to get through the whole level, and that's only if you're being slow and methodical on the first time like me. You can see everything in about 5-7 mins if you run around fast - just be careful not to let the hot stuff get you.
========SPOILER WARNING=========
  • Did you go in Icabod? (That's a very big part of the level.)
  • Did you use the SPAS?
  • Did you get entoxicated by the little geysers?
  • Did you jump in the lava?
[/color]==========SPOILER ENDS===========

If you do all that, it takes more than 15 minutes.
Last edited by Nick3069 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I can't argue the fact that rescue is much smaller than tc-isle, though as more content is added, they'll be more to discover, play with and explore (not to mention, eventual combat).

With each release, they'll be more to check out. The Icabod is far from finished. :)
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Go in Icabod, uhhhh :? And the geyser made me cough a bit but nothing happened as a result. And I didn't notice anything about the spas I guess, since there were no dinos to shoot at.. :yum: