Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus
Location: living underground in the middle of freaking nowhere

Re: TC_Isle Beta 2?

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Draconisaurus wrote:Rebel! What's made you show up? See if you can be around for the end-of-year contest we're having.
Yay, it's Rebel. speaking of that, might I have a hand with getting either PB or FR released?
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Rebel wrote:Doesn't seem like anyone actually found the spear-gun.
I did... I wanted to see if other people found it before revealing it's location.
Tresfan
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Tresfan »

I found the spear gun too but I was in tresed, viewing the level.
/)^3^(\
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

@Wolf: Hmmm well, PB at least I hope. That's going to be fun to see people's reactions to.. I should have time to finish those things up and send the level your way.
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Shadow Wolf »

Draconisaurus wrote:@Wolf: Hmmm well, PB at least I hope. That's going to be fun to see people's reactions to.. I should have time to finish those things up and send the level your way.
hmmm, yeah, FR is noithing special so PB it is dude :) thanks for your extensive help with PB
post something intelligent before I go insane from a combination of exhaustion and boredom
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Holy... I've just been around to that harpoon gun in TC_Isle Beta 2 (finally) and played around with it... it's fraking amazing, projecting the spear like that?! I'm not sure at all how that's done.. I can only imagine it teleports to the location of an object on the tip of the gun, but I had previously determined that moveable instances can't be the target of teleport destinations.. maybe it's just that visible ones can't.. (or a geometry type).. And then of course it projects with a physics push out of the gun, I mean come on how do you do that? And to top it off, not only does it do lots of damage but.. if it hits a surface other than wood, it stops and falls back, but if it hits wood (or at least "Log 1"), it locks into an impact position and makes a custom "doing" wood-stuck sound. :| How the hell???
RexHunter99
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by RexHunter99 »

I think Draco's in love *Sniggers*

But yes, please elaborate how this was all scripted. I might be able to make use of it in... errr a project of mine.
~ They told me humans weren't real... I proved them wrong.
ImageAnthropology ~ A beautiful tale.
EpicZen
Carnivores Hub ~ Need the full games without all the hassle of torrents or viruses? Run on over to EpicZen's Carnivores Hub!
Shadow Wolf
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Shadow Wolf »

RexHunter99 wrote:I think Draco's in love *Sniggers*

But yes, please elaborate how this was all scripted. I might be able to make use of it in... errr a project of mine.
:lol: think you might be right there Rex, Tell you what Drac, if you can figure out how to do that and you swipe the thing I have no problem with you hiding it somewhere in your office in PB, Nedry had his mace so...
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Well you do have the level, that means you can open the level and go check the script yourself. :lol: Of course you have to find it in the level...
Hmm, the same script could be used for a rocket or grenade launcher...
Have you tried using it with the WOO cheat? It gets glitchy.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well since it only has 1 round to begin with, I always fired it with the WOO cheat. :yum: How was it glitchy for you?

And yeah, in theory the data is still in there... in a quiet locked room with a dirty floor.
We'll see about that office, Wolf. :P
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Nick3069 wrote:Well you do have the level, that means you can open the level and go check the script yourself. :lol: Of course you have to find it in the level...
Hmm, the same script could be used for a rocket or grenade launcher...
Have you tried using it with the WOO cheat? It gets glitchy.
Glitchy, my ass. You're not suppose to use the Wood cheat, you cheater. You only have one shot 'cause it's a spear-gun; you want to reload just go and pick the spear back up (unless of course you twang it into a tree, then you can't).

The scripting is all there, hanging in the air right above the small island. The spear-gun itself can't cause any damage since the bullet doesn't go anywhere; the spear does the damage (the spear is near the caverns next to the other goodies just below the ocean line).

In short, a trigger catches the gun firing, teleports the spear at the precise angle and correct position of the gun and an atx script handles the trajectory, distance, speed, etc. Can be changed- Once the spear-gun is fired, an animation script using a full opacity map (invisible texture) is set to make the spear hanging from the gun's barrel disappear. If the spear is picked back up, the texture animation switches back to a visible spear showing and the gun is reloaded to one shot. Myself, Big-Red and Remdul put it all together -
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Wow..... most impressive. *applauds* Thanks for the explanation.. it should help in interpreting the triggers.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

You do realize that a Ceratosaurus has 4 fingers on each hand, right? The one in the this level has only 3 on each hand. Well, at least this one has fingers, unlike the JPOG one. :P
I'm sorry to revive this, but I just wanted to make sure everybody knew that.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

:| I never did meet the Cerato in Beta 2, I thought it was just the OG one.. :o

Oh this reminds me, I wanted to do a little bug reporting - someone must have edited the terrain in TC_Isle. ;) Big no-no, since it messes with the global height calculation.. It's caused a number of problems, here are a couple of them.

Image Image
Chupacabra
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by Chupacabra »

Hate to revive but I haven't been here in a long while, lack of computer and such, but is there somewhere I can download this level other than TresCom's Download section? I've noticed that the bottom fourth of the Levels list is not valid, File Planet says there's an error getting to them, but the older Levels download fine, is this my computer or does anyone else know about this, I ask because I was re-downloading all the levels on my new computer and I can't download the TC-Isle Beta 2 or anything else past Coke 'n' More.

EDIT: Actually most of them don't work, coke 'n' More happens to, but after the TresCom Ops (Act 1) fix they all have errors
Lex: I'm a hacker!
Tim: That's what I said: you're a nerd.
Lex: I am not a computer nerd. I prefer to be called a hacker!