Rigged OG Dinos textures

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Rigged OG Dinos textures

Post by Nick3069 »

For some reason, when I upload any of the OG dinos in my test level (modifyed TC_Dilo test level), the textures of the OG dinos are extremely blury and I have to get 5 ft close to the dino so it's texture starts to get fixed, but if back out again it blures. It dose nothing of the sort with any of the other dinos I upload in the level. Is the probleme my graphic card, my video settings, the models themselves or something else?

I might post a screenshot of what happens lather.
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

There is an error with that. What you have to do is before you import it into the level, edit the file called model.values.txt (model being the file name of the TMP File). Once you have that text file opened, add this value into the t-script:

Code: Select all

bool MipMap = false
After you have this done, re-import it into the level. This should solve any textures problems you have with any model.
Last edited by chronzerg on Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

.........seriously?
>.>
<.<
That doesn't make much sense.. that is the default value, MipMap = false is used for things like the sky and the ocean (as well as TC_Isle raptors). Hmm..

I will tell you that the biggest problem with TC_Isle dinos is that they have a single texture. Machf fixed this for our Spino by dividing it up and reapplying the textures to the elements of the mesh... If this isn't done, the texture for the body is likely to mipmap much faster.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Hmmm, neither the Gallimimus, nor the Raptor, (and I believe, nor the Dilophosaurus, either) in TC Isle have single textures, IIRC, they are more like 4-5 each...

And the value should be bool MipMap = false, that was a lapsus calami chronzerg made...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

machf wrote:...that was a lapsus calami chronzerg made...
If "lapsus calami" means "mistake" then he is right. I meant to put

Code: Select all

bool MipMap = false
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Much like a lapsus linguae is an involuntary slip of the tongue when speaking, a lapsus calami is an involuntary "slip of the fingers" when writing...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I will tell you that the biggest problem with TC_Isle dinos is that they have a single texture
Where the hell did you get that information? Quit making stuff up!

:P
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Hey, Machf, wasn't it you who rigged the OG dinos? Why didn't you include that line of code in the Tscript in it in the first place, if that is the problem? (I don't know yet if it's the problem, I don't have enough time to go on my other computer today.)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Because that's not part of the rigging, it's part of the scripting. I don't do scripting, rigging is already a lot of work. Those "default" values I included are just renamed copies of the ones from the original Trespasser dinos whose skeletons I used to rig them. You should be glad I even included them...

Any level builders who import those dinos into their levels should take care of the scripting according to their particular needs.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

It's really simple to add that to the tscript and just reimport.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Rebel wrote:
I will tell you that the biggest problem with TC_Isle dinos is that they have a single texture
Where the hell did you get that information? Quit making stuff up!

:P
GAAAHHHH!!!! My bad!!! I meant to say OG dinosaurs. There is no problem with the TC_Isle dinos we use them all the time they're great X3

*except that the engine gets bogged if there are 3 of them active at once <.<
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Step 1
Install ATX
Step 2
Open ATXConfig.ini
Step 3
Set "MaxActiveDinos" to "11"
Step 4
Save file
Step 5
Wait, there is not step 5
:wink:
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

chronzerg wrote:Step 1
Install ATX
Step 2
Open ATXConfig.ini
Step 3
Set "MaxActiveDinos" to "11"
Step 4
Save file
Step 5
Wait, there is not step 5
:wink:
That doesn't always work. I've tried it and I think I MAYBE had four dinosaurs active.
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

It works fine for me. Too bad Big-Red isn't continuing that part of the project, but I have had 9 or 10 dinosaur running fine.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Which dinosaurs were they?