Rigged OG Dinos textures

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

My combos have been as follows (I am too orgainzed, lol):

- 7 or 8 Compies (coudn't see them all at one time, so I am not sure they were all activated)

- 4 Raptors 1 Steg

- 2 Raptors 1 Dilo (this is nothing special)

- 3 Compies 1 Raptor 1 Steg

- 4 raptors 3 stegs
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Veeerrrry interesting. Chron I don't suppose you'd be up for posting a video of that... I know BR said his "max active dinos" thingy didn't really perform, but I suppose it's possible to work on computers with lots of available processing power/RAM. The compies sounds like the most likely - I've noticed my machine gets bogged down with 3 TC_Isle raptors, when there's enough geometry in the area (something that never happens with the low-poly Tres raptors, probably why they were made so simple compared to the first versions we've all seen in game concept art).

(BTW I have a Pentium 4 and 768 MB RAM, and a NVidia GeForce 7800.)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

These are two different things... the rendering engine slowing down because of too many polygons in the area, and the physics engine only allowing a certain number of active dinosaurs at the same time. Don't get them mixed.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

machf wrote:These are two different things... the rendering engine slowing down because of too many polygons in the area, and the physics engine only allowing a certain number of active dinosaurs at the same time. Don't get them mixed.
Actually I already knew that. Still I thought it was related - and good luck having >3 active TC_Isle raptors, even if they are fully functional...
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Draconisaurus wrote:Veeerrrry interesting. Chron I don't suppose you'd be up for posting a video of that... I know BR said his "max active dinos" thingy didn't really perform, but I suppose it's possible to work on computers with lots of available processing power/RAM. The compies sounds like the most likely - I've noticed my machine gets bogged down with 3 TC_Isle raptors, when there's enough geometry in the area (something that never happens with the low-poly Tres raptors, probably why they were made so simple compared to the first versions we've all seen in game concept art).

(BTW I have a Pentium 4 and 768 MB RAM, and a NVidia GeForce 7800.)
Honestly, my computer isn't all that. Here are specs:

Intel(R) Celleron(R) M
504 MB of Ram
1.50Ghz

Nothing to brag about. As for the videos, um...er...Lagoon...ya. Check out the lagoon pre-release video. It shows the compies, but there isn't much more I can do for you until the level is released.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

chronzerg wrote:There is an error with that. What you have to do is before you import it into the level, edit the file called model.values.txt (model being the file name of the TMP File). Once you have that text file opened, add this value into the t-script:

Code: Select all

bool MipMap = false
After you have this done, re-import it into the level. This should solve any textures problems you have with any model.
Thanks I tryed it and it works, but do I need to do the same with the OG Trike? The OG Trike has multiple textures compared to the other OG model.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

It's the same...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I do it for any model that is Visually important