TC Isle Errors & Dislikes

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

TC Isle Errors & Dislikes

Post by Nick3069 »

First I would like to say that TC Isle is the best "Trespasser level" I ever played. (Would consider it more of an entirely new game, since it is made with the demo engine.)

Now with the errors:

#1. Eversince I installed the 2 patches for it there is an error wen I get close to the down bomber.

#2. Down the elevator (in the tunels), there is a part where there is a pack of TNT and each time I go close to it the game freezes. (Not shure if it's the patches that are the problem though, because I never got to that part before the patches.)

#3. When I puch the button to go up the elevator, it does the same thing as #2.

#4. When I try to go in the second entrance on the left in the caves, it does the same thing as #2 and #3.

Now for the dislikes of the level:

#1. The Sniper, I dont like the zoom thing. Hate it :x , you can't see anything around you with that! I like better the sniper from NPC and Lost Jungle.

#2. The cards where you're suppost to get the Hammond's number to use it as a code is unreadable.

Exept for those and the errors I would say TC Isle is perfect!
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Nick3069 wrote: Now with the errors:

#1. Eversince I installed the 2 patches for it there is an error wen I get close to the down bomber.

#2. Down the elevator (in the tunels), there is a part where there is a pack of TNT and each time I go close to it the game freezes. (Not shure if it's the patches that are the problem though, because I never got to that part before the patches.)

#3. When I puch the button to go up the elevator, it does the same thing as #2.

#4. When I try to go in the second entrance on the left in the caves, it does the same thing as #2 and #3.
If I am correct (I am sure I am correct for the first error), there is a single solution to all these problems. You have to make sure you are running the game in Hardware mode, not Software mod (two different rendering systems). Basically, the rendering system that Trespasser comes with can't handle 24-bit textures (used more than once in Tc Isle to say the least) too well, and can't handle 16-bit transparent textures at all (again, used more than once in Tc Isle).

To fix this problem, simply load up the game. At the Main Menu, click on Options, then click on Video. Once you come here, you'll look up at the top of the menu, where it says Select New Video Driver; click on that. Finally, when the new menu comes up, bring down the drop down menu, and select Primary Display Driver. Bring down a second drop down menu, and select the textures to be on High. This works differently with different computer, but what I would suggest is to only select, in the check boxes, Page Manager and Hardware Water. These work best on my graphics card. Finally, press Ok.

There is a glitch at my grandmother's house in which the above method doesn't work. The reason for that is, that if I try to change the video driver, for some reason I simply load back up the main menu, which any ajustments. Anyways, if you are having that problem, you are going to have to edit the Tpass.ini directly. Instead of explaining it all to you, simply copy paste this into that little text file:

Code: Select all

[Settings]
Safemode=0
Auto Settings=1
RenderQuality=4
Std Console=1
Physics Stats=1
Hardware.txt=1
DWI Trespasser FINDER=1
D3D GUID=E03DE684AA46CF11816F0000C020156EAA
Width=800
Height=600
AutoLoad Temp=0
XView=2
YView=2
Registry Init=1
Max Recommended Tex Dim=128
Use D3D=1
GUIAPP=1
Video GUID=0000000000000000000000000000000000
D3D GUID=E03DE684AA46CF11816F0000C020156EAA
Video Driver=Primary Display Driver (display)
Z Buffer Bitdepth=16
Hardware Water=1
Page Managed=1
Triple Buffer=0
Dither=0
PlaySFX=-1
PlayAmbient=-1
PlayVoiceOver=-1
PlayMusic=-1
UseSubTitles=0
AudioEnable3D=0
DDrawCertIgnore=1
Gamma=0
#1. The Sniper, I dont like the zoom thing. Hate it Mad , you can't see anything around you with that!
Lol. I doesn't exactly matter, because there are no dinosaur up there. I didn't use the sniper for anything, but I guess you could take it down, and test it on that lone Dilo just down the hill. Would make good target practice. There is something you have to learn about us here at TresCom. Anything new is exciting for us. We love these little thing that the normal Trespasser didn't have. Anything revolution is accepted her (we are all just a bunch of rebels).
#2. The cards where you're suppost to get the Hammond's number to use it as a code is unreadable.
This problem will be solved if you follow the steps I mention above.
Exept for those and the errors I would say TC Isle is perfect!
You said it. Give the guys up at TresCom Ops a round of applause.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Thanks alot, chronzerg, all of the bugs are fixed now! :D Plus, for some reson the graphics are better. :o Thanks again!
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

It's the other way around, actually - the graphics are better, since you switched from software to hardware rendering mode. Plus, the bugs are gone now. ;)
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heheh that's cool you liked the level. Currently TresCom's crown jewel acheivement. *points to sig* ;)
As for why it didn't happen until after you installed the patch - here's what really happened. When you first install TC Isle, something in the installer automatically puts the game into hardware mode if you choose the "play now" option after installing. I'm not sure why but if you ever load the game after that, it will be in software mode instead unless you change it back. Somehow it didn't keep the hardware mode value. So you would have needed to change it yourself even if you installed no patches (where are these patches, I don't have any of them ;_;). It's a fairly confusing thing to many, I'll agree... I've met people who didn't even realize the graphics changed when they played it a second time. o_O

That is odd that it was harder to read the card in software mode.. hardware mode has this thing where it smooths all the pixels out. It's usually easier to read things in software mode.

As for the sniper, I'm glad you liked the NPC/LJ edition! :D I'm rather fond of it too, especially since by pure chance the scope actually works. ;) The TC sniper rifle is still cool, it's in JPDS - what needs to be fixed is the FOV (Field of View) settings when you zoom out. I beliefe machf said it should go to 75 instead of 90 (machf please lemme know if this is wrong). Other than that.. trust me, there's a dino up there. ;) It is not there until you go up a certain set of stairs which you need to in order to open the elevator, then a trigger teleports it. You can also use the rifle to make a certain object in the crater go "boom". ;)
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Yep, it's definitely 75 instead of 90.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Could you explain to me how you got the sniper rifle to do what it does in TC Isle. And also, are you saying you have a way to control when you use the scope and when you don't?
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

chronzerg wrote:Could you explain to me how you got the sniper rifle to do what it does in TC Isle. And also, are you saying you have a way to control when you use the scope and when you don't?
Two scripts: Trig_ZoomIn-00 & Trig_ZoomOut-00

Basically, the action_type you're looking for is this:

group Action01 = {
int ActionType = 6
float CameraFOV = 20.000000
}
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

chronzerg wrote:And also, are you saying you have a way to control when you use the scope and when you don't?
I wish...
Currently, the zoom works when you pick up/get the weapon, and it zooms back out when you drop/holster it. I suppose you could make it zoom in when you use (fire) it instead, but, aside from that, there's not much that can be done to control it...
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Well just to clarify, technically you can use any type of trigger to change the FOV setting. The problem is that we can't yet assign it to a keystroke like you do for zooming in other games. Big Red could possibly remedy that some day.. *will be several days at least before he reads this* You know it would be interesting if BR could create a new class of object which monitors a specified key, and the actions listed for that trigger would be used whenever that key is hit...
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Draconisaurus wrote: You know it would be interesting if BR could create a new class of object which monitors a specified key, and the actions listed for that trigger would be used whenever that key is hit...
I still say that there has to be some latent functions buried in the source that monitor keystrokes.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Do you guys ever feel like we are taking Trespasser too far?
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Where would be the fun otherwise?
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I wouldn't think there's such thing as too far. Besides the fun is in the problem solving and creating effects or such using the limited resources but figuring out ways to get them to look good.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lol well I'll tell you, with Crysis coming out and preparing to join Trespassing next year, I wonder to myself why exactly it is I and other stubborn modders continue to use Trespasser. I do believe one of the most immediate answers is that Trespasser is really the only game you can go into and create instant, working Dinosaur AI with a few simple scripts. I don't think that's found anywhere else and it proves we're all true JP fans. ;) Another reason may simply be the editor we have at our disposal.. despite some people's discontent with it. :P