Great Work on TresCom Level 1

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

Rannis
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Great Work on TresCom Level 1

Post by Rannis »

I just finished the first TresCom level and I have to say it's an amazing experience. I especially liked the puzzles, very intuitive if one keeps the physics engine in mind, but also very frustrating if one doesn't (it took me a good half an hour to figure out I needed the ledge hammer to knock the bar off the door near the baloon). The only weak part of the level, IMHO, is the Mayan burial chamber area. Those spikes are kind of random, as their doesn't appear to be a texture on the floor to warn the player about them, and the raptor statues inside are kind of corny. Also, the lava in the area is totally random. Where is it coming from? Why is is only in one area? I appreciate it as a cool sort of Indiana Jones reference and everything, so I can forgive that it doesn't totally mesh with everything else in the level. Still, awesome job overall. I've got the TresCom Isle leve ready to go but probably won't get a chance to play it tonight, although I am looking forward to it. Awesome work.
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

One thing I thought was wierd was when I took this wrong turn in the level, and began to explore, I came to a point where a retail level loaded (lol).
Christopher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by Christopher »

chronzerg wrote:One thing I thought was wierd was when I took this wrong turn in the level, and began to explore, I came to a point where a retail level loaded (lol).
Isn't that if you go past the wind turbine and keep following that road or something? I think it was intentional for that to happen.
Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all." - Principal Skinner.
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Ya, i'm sure it was (kind of big to be a mistake. Takes a trigger scripting), but none the less, it surprised me, lol.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lol yeah I ran into that too, though actually, it loads Lab if you go up in the baloon, too...

Hmmm I never minded the lava there. Here at TresCom I guess we are very happy to see anything new, and some lava in the ground is quite a fresh site indeed.. :mrgreen: Lol I never did get the bar on the gate puzzel, good job. :) I just walked around the back. ;) As for the raptor models being corny, they are the same as the raptors themselves... and why are they corny? I thought they were cool, myself.
Rannis
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Rannis »

No, the model is fine, they look just like the ingame raptors, I just mean that finding statues of raptors in a supposedly Mayan building doesn't make a whole lot of sense. InGen made raptors in the 80s correct? So why would the Mayans, hundreds of years before InGen was even a dream, build statues of them. Also, I agree that the lava was pretty cool, the texture work on it was pretty awesome actualy, just from a continuity standpoint it didn't make a whole lot of sense.
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Lol, I guess it was sort of some kind of future telling. Trescom Ops likes to leave you with those dead ends.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

That is in fact the point. :P It's very mysterious and rather like hush-hush theory that in the book InGen actually found a "lost world" hidden inside a crater island ;) Lol consider it classifiable under cryptozoology, ask Slash :lol:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

I bet it's just some leftover set from a movie some director filmed on the Island. Same as the "B-29" on TC Isle...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Rannis
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Rannis »

Just finished TC Isle and I gotta say the team really out did themselves with that one. It's at least up to DWI quality in terms of level design, and although I would have liked to have seen more dinos, the fact that they are rare kind of adds to the atmosphere. I was most impressed with the inside of the ship segment, that was incredibly well done. The end of the level, where you blast through the wooden wall, was also pretty cool, even if i couldn't figure out which detonator worked (turns out it's the only one you can store :wink: ). Overall an awesome level.
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

TC_Isles was amazing. I love the "big dino" ending, where you barely escape, but this levels ending was superb anyhow. Great job guys. Took me a while to beat though. For some reason, I couldn't get the code to work up in the crater.
Rannis
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Rannis »

I had the same problem withthe code, but I just kept trying over and over again and eventually it worked. I wonder if it's designed to automaticaly fail you a few times before finally acepting the correct code. Also loved the blue screen of death reference. :lol:
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Rannis wrote:...I just mean that finding statues of raptors in a supposedly Mayan building doesn't make a whole lot of sense. InGen made raptors in the 80s correct? So why would the Mayans, hundreds of years before InGen was even a dream, build statues of them...
Yes it is strange, but wen I entered the mayan building and saw the statues Anne sayed "How could they have known?" or something like that.
Draconisaurus wrote:...though actually, it loads Lab if you go up in the baloon, too...
What are you talking about? When I finnished it with the baloon it showed the cinematic where you end the game. (or the "win" cheat) Maybe you just have an older version of the map, or maybe it's just my copy who is out of date?
Last edited by Nick3069 on Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nick3069 wrote:
Rannis wrote:
Draconisaurus wrote:...though actually, it loads Lab if you go up in the baloon, too...
What are you talking about? When I finnished it with the baloon it showed the scenematic where you end the game. (or the "win" cheat) Maybe you just have an older version of the map, or maybe it's just my copy who is out of date?
Maaaaybe. I've wondered that myself. *hoping a TC elder will step in here* :P I never got the cinematic sequence with the TC Ops Final game. I noticed there are many triggers along the path of the baloon ride.. one of them quite obviously loads "Lab.scn", as does the one beyond the gates, IIRC.