TresCom Dead?

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

Slugger wrote:TC_Isle is already released
Isn't it not just a beta version, as in not the full version and therefore not released?
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

That could be said, but unfourtunately, TC Ops seems to have broken down. There are rumors they won't be completely the TC Ops trilogy, which would have included:
  • Tc Ops
    Tc Isle
    Tc River
There were other rumors that Tc River would have had a working boat, but ya, thats a different story. Anyways, most of us here consider Tc Isle Beta to be the final frontere.
Nick3069
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Nick3069 »

chronzerg wrote:...most of us here consider Tc Isle Beta to be the final frontere...
Ahhh, that's to bad. :oops:
chronzerg wrote:...Tc River would have had a working boat...
Do you mean this boat?:

Are they going to put the boat in another map or at least give it to someone else who makes maps? It's a very nice boat, looks a lot like the one in the JP III, of course I think that was the point.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nick3069 wrote:
chronzerg wrote:
chronzerg wrote:...Tc River would have had a working boat...
Do you mean this boat?:

Are they going to put the boat in another map or at least give it to someone else who makes maps? It's a very nice boat, looks a lot like the one in the JP III, of course I think that was the point.
That would certainly be nice of them. *nudge nudge cough cough* >_>
lol with the new gameplan, JPDS3 should be out late this year, possibly a Christmas present to everyone. It will have an alternate SCN file called "JPDS3R", in which I plan to feature a working "raptor boat". Whether I acquire TC Ops' work on tc~river or not, you'll get to see a working version of that in months to come. I hope they don't consider that reason not to make the final TC Ops level. :(

As for TC Isle, I have an idea that I have always had hanging around. We are already aware of most things that were to be included in the final version of that level, including a Rex, Pachy, and Ceratosaurus. I say at some point we should finish the level for them.. (reserve work for the proven among us :P) hopefully Remdul/Rebel will aid such a project once it's started. For now I have no ability to assist such an endeavor, though.
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Draco, you think like me. Unfoutunately, I fear many of the TresCom members don't think the same. If I were to start a project, and never finish it, I would let someone else complete it (that is, if I didn't have the time). Seeing how their moods are with my suggestion to improve TresEd, I don't think we all see eye to eye, if you get what I am saying.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Heh yeah well... TresEd is kinda another ball of wax. We don't even have the source at this time, and haven't gotten a response to our asking for its release, correct? Without that, recreating TresEd could well prove to be a nightmare... and I'm pretty fine with it the way it is, I just wish it wouldn't ask me for the Trespasser CD each time I open a level (and so now it won't play most sounds with "Play Sample"....) ever since I stuck that CD in my PC...
enigma
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by enigma »

I working on my mod Lone Hunter which is broadly alive. been working on it everyday since last week now, getting close to anew video to really show something. You can visit the site or topic in my signature, and can connect the host again for new updates. Or click that website button just below this post.
Just did something very cool with it, not for for the squeamish mind.

Trescom seems to have got more active, theres post everyday now at least, some time ago it was maybe a day before a post was made. Not including some spam ones which i remember.

I'd say tc-isle doesn't need any more updates really, even though its beta, great level, plenty to do and i thought it was complete first time i played it. Maybe a few things just need fixing, like the very end, getting off the Ventura safer, and maybe a few other little things.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

It's true, there are quite a lot of new posts lately which is nice to see. :)
*dances because it's Summer*
Actually I don't remember many post-less days in any recent times.. but it was quite slow to be sure, I think because of people being caught up with finals.
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

Draconisaurus wrote:Heh yeah well... TresEd is kinda another ball of wax. We don't even have the source at this time, and haven't gotten a response to our asking for its release, correct? Without that, recreating TresEd could well prove to be a nightmare... and I'm pretty fine with it the way it is, I just wish it wouldn't ask me for the Trespasser CD each time I open a level (and so now it won't play most sounds with "Play Sample"....) ever since I stuck that CD in my PC...
Fine, I'll say it bluntly. What I meant was the idea of continuing another's project. When I mentioned the idea of continuing TresEd, some people thought it would be rude to continue his project, because, well, frankly, it is his project. As I said, I personally would let people continue a project as extensive of TresEd. Why let the research go to waste. Oh well, I'm not Andres.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hmmm I see... well if anyone wants to, I think it would be a perfectly good idea to continue his legacy. I for one am quite anxious to see mods made after JPDS using our new models and textures. :) I see no reason not to improve upon it if at some point we are able.
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

chronzerg wrote:Draco, you think like me...
:mrgreen:
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I was in contact with rebel a few months back and was presented with the idea of the ceratosaurus for TC-Isle. One was created, given sounds, and skinned, but who knows if it will ever end up in a more "finished" version of TC-Isle.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Second Illiteration wrote:I was in contact with rebel a few months back and was presented with the idea of the ceratosaurus for TC-Isle. One was created, given sounds, and skinned, but who knows if it will ever end up in a more "finished" version of TC-Isle.
Aha! A Conspiracy Unmasked. :pirate:
lol what, may I ask, was involved with his idea? I don't suppose you know where it was to be in the level and what its purpose would be..
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Draconisaurus wrote: Aha! A Conspiracy Unmasked. :pirate:
Don't worry, it's a totally different mesh from the one you have.
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

Couldn't tell you where it was planned for, just that there was a certain look that he wanted for it and I think it ended up looking pretty good. And it is a different mesh then the one you have drac. By the way, do you want a new skin for that one? (or one slightly closer to the movie?)