Trescom level installation..

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

Spino2aurus
-=TresCom Moderator=-
-=TresCom Moderator=-

Trescom level installation..

Post by Spino2aurus »

Umm I understand most, but How Do I use the level? is it in form of an EXE or is it in the form of a savegame? - so I just open via load menu and load? - oh and are the gfx improved? - cause your pics look so smooth etc... :roll:
Spino2aurus
-=TresCom Moderator=-
-=TresCom Moderator=-

HELP!!

Post by Spino2aurus »

Hey, I dont wanna have to copy all my cd contents etc... - and all that muck around - just to play a level common there must be an easy way! :cry:
Troodon

Post by Troodon »

Unfortunately, you can't -- this is how they setup the installation EXE. It will check that you have the retail version installed; if you don't you may be unable to unzip the level files (tens of MBs).

About copying the CD to your harddrive to play new levels -- I too hate that :) so what I did was to copy the Tres CD-ROM to a rewritable CD-ROM (minus the original level files and the setup directory) and I copy the new level files to this RW. You still need a minimal installation of the retail on your HD to play Trespasser. Insert the original CD-ROM to play the original levels or your CD-RW for the new levels.
Spino2aurus
-=TresCom Moderator=-
-=TresCom Moderator=-

Post by Spino2aurus »

Well yes I have a legal cd version, just cant be assed to do all that to play one measly level..
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Troodon's method is a good way of playing all newer levels from the cd. Nice idea, he had thar'.

Another method, providing that you actually do have trespasser installed, though you don't wish to copy the cd contents, is to download trescom's level and play it within the demo's engine. Can be done with some minor items taken care of. Mostly, place all level files within the demo/data folder, the new smk video and replace all of the tpa's (audio files) inside the demo folder with retail versions; stream.tpa, menu.tpa, et cetera. The only problem you'll possibly run into playing inside the demo engine is that depending upon your gameplay, there are two end - level triggers that point to the lab level, which of course doesn't exist inside the demo (compressed files, demo can't read them), so if you end the level in this manner, the game will crash at the end. If you succeed in the level's objectives, you'll see the new smack video and everything will work fine.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Post by hppav »

I like my way:
-Just copy all Tres vital files (not the level files, you can copy them
when you want to play them)

-Install

-Put level in data folder

-Run Tres, etc.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26