Serial Number Not Recognized

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

Xenoraptor
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Serial Number Not Recognized

Post by Xenoraptor »

What do I do? I have the serial # but at the Tres ops setup where you enter the serial #, when I enter my serial #, it says I have entered an invalid serial #, and I am using the serial # that Tresword.exe gave me. Anybody know whats up with that?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

If you run TresWord, it should say 'an installation of Trespasser was detected'. Your password is; ######

If you've received this message, there shouldn't be a problem.
Xenoraptor
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Xenoraptor »

Thats what I did, It just won't work. Any Suggestions?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Hmm... not really. I just tested it again. I ran TresWord first, committed the number to memory, started the tcfinal.exe then entered the number, hit next. No problems --

All I can say is, try again and be certain of the number. Madppiper would probably be able to give you a bit more advice on this, though he won't be around for another 7 or 8 hours.
Xenoraptor
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Xenoraptor »

ok, Well thanks. If you talk to him tell him to post some advice for me.
Christopher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by Christopher »

You have to run TresWord and use the pasword it gives you before you use The installation program.
For example... The first time, I ran TresWord, and wrote down the password. Then I used the installer, and installed it. No problem. Then the next day, I uninstalled the new trescom level, and re-installed it. I used the same TresWord password that I had written down, but it didn't work. So I had to open TresWord again and get a new password.
Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all." - Principal Skinner.
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

Are you sure you have a legal version of Trespasser installed properly (I assume you are not using the demo)? If you've installed it on another disk or perhaps under another operating system (multi-boot) it doesn't work.

You can try re-installing the game and it should work. If you have any further problems just ask me, I wrote the password app so I think I can help you best. :)
Xenoraptor
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Xenoraptor »

my copy in completely legel, i'm trying downloading it in my other cd drive
Xenoraptor
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Xenoraptor »

it didnt work
Xenoraptor
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Xenoraptor »

also, i deleted tresword.exe and then tried reinstall it. i forgot, how did i get it in the first place?
madppiper
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by madppiper »

okay, these are the steps you have to do:

copy all the data from your Trespasser-cdrom to the following folder: C:\tres cd\

install tres from that folder. Use smallest installation.

Then open the TCFinal.exe file. extract both files to a folder of your choice. Click on tresword.exe click on the retrieve password button and write down your password. Then close the tresword.exe file. Open the tcf-setup.exe file and click on next. enter your password and select next again...

it's actually quite simple...
Xenoraptor
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Xenoraptor »

Ive repeatedly done that, still nuthin
Xenoraptor
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Xenoraptor »

I clicked on tresword.exe, it said it's missing a .DLL file but the file isn't a number, letter, or symbol ive ever seen, it's a solid, vertical black bar. Kinda like an I, but the whole thing is a thick vertical bar. what is up with that? BTW, I deleted the original tresword.exe in an attempt to fix it, thinking it would work but it doesn't. And it doesn't have the raptor face for an icon. so I'm really pissed and confused.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Just delete that tc stepup folder altogether. Find your TCFinal.exe file (size: 45.4 MB (47,649,551 bytes)), click and extract. The tresword.exe file has to be corrupt now. Wish, I could help you further, though without being in front of your computer myself, It's hard to fathom why you're having difficulty.

Good luck.
Xenoraptor
Dinosaur egg
Dinosaur egg

Post by Xenoraptor »

thanks, I'll try it then tell ya what happens