TC_Isle suggestions

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

TC_Isle suggestions

Post by Hilwo »

Hi everyone, I made this topic so people could talk about their suggestions for the final version of TC_Isle. I have two. The first one is rather small:

As you approach the gate at the compound, Hammonds says:
"As we left, we vandalized our own locking mechanisms. InGen tolerates no trespassers." There is a similair voiceover, in which Anne adds "Not until now...". I love that voiceover, it's one of my favorites. It's the same, just with a little addition of our tough Anne.

The second is the air-balloon. I always figured it would be hanging from a tree, and that the player had to solve a demo helipad like puzzle in order to get down.

TO TC OPS:
Not to make you guys think the level stinks or something, it's my second favorite level now! But these are just some things I had in my mind...

Edit:
And I hope that the pilots of the plane will be added...
gorlosky
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by gorlosky »

I like the helipad idea, but add a swarm of raptors and compys
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Well I didn't exactly mean a helipad, but a similair puzzle like in the demo. I think it would rock that you'd be in the air-balloon basket, hanging from a tree, and having to solve some kind of puzzle that will allow you to desent to the ground.
gorlosky
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by gorlosky »

I thought you meant the ending. I see for the beginning, hmmmm. OK, a hanging balloon puzzle and 50 hungry Compys below and coming up the tree.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by Slugger »

Maybe some weather....like when you emerge out of the ship onto the deck, it would be raining. Then after a while, it would stop.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

I totally forgot about the rain :mrgreen:

I think it would be great if it'd rain throughout the level. When walking through that deserted lab building it would do wonders for the atmosphere for me. Maybe a function to choose to play with or without rain? I know I'd play with rain every single time.
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

make a trig attached to compies using hyrachy...
make it an collision trig that makes it so if anne or $annefoot touches the compy...it looses health...this makes the effect that if u jump on the compy it looses health...also..the trig should make the squeak sound play...
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by Slugger »

hilwo wrote:I totally forgot about the rain :mrgreen:

I think it would be great if it'd rain throughout the level. When walking through that deserted lab building it would do wonders for the atmosphere for me. Maybe a function to choose to play with or without rain? I know I'd play with rain every single time.
Maybe have it randomized? Or like on a timer...on/off, on/off. I agree...walking through the lab, looking outside into the rain. :)
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
mega raptor
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by mega raptor »

That would be awesome, I wondered were the rain was when I started the level. Maybe it could be at "key locations" were it suddenly starts raining. I know the lighthouse isn;t exactly a key location, but to see the lighthouse emerge from the fog as it starts raining, that would be awesome.
A friend of mine opened up a forum for RPGs. Give it a look: http://rpgtopia.com/index.php
chronzerg
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by chronzerg »

i think sluggers idea is better...
we get a timer that makes all the rain visible="true" instead of visiblble="false"

otherwise...if u walk back down the path u wont see rain but if u go to the lighthouse u will