Another (more challenging) way across the electric bridge...

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

trespasser_guy
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Another (more challenging) way across the electric bridge...

Post by trespasser_guy »

:D

If you have fairly decent skill with your controls (mainly move forward, strafe left, and jump simultaneously for long periods of time) you can make it across the electrified JP-like bridge without doing the whole battery/generator thing. Now, why you'd want to, I have no clue. I did it... because I was a tad tired when playing and it didn't quite hit me that the battery in the truck was newer than the one on the generator. Also why it didn't hit me that I was playing in software mode for the longest time.

Anyway... so I have no open door and am frustrated. SO, I saw an "opening" to escape. I jumped in the water with my silenced mp5 or whatever that gun was and threw it up onto the bank of the other side, went back, jumped onto the generator, then onto the ledge supporting the top fence. I then made my way across, which I'll admit did take a few attempts. Finally, I made it, picked up my gun and was off again. :)

By the way, love the "Long Grass".

Just as another side note... I got somewhat lost. I ran around up a mountain, then fell down a hill and wound up inside an overturned jeep with a nest. Now, I know somehow you can exit the level this way... but I somehow missed that altogether and came out behind the long grass just where I was before... then I accidentally stumbled upon Mr. Rex... and wound up killing myself on the spikes in the floor of the temple (I was stressed from being chased by the Rex, what can I say- plus, I didn't read the walkthrough first).

All in all, very enjoyable time... though fighting the lag of my comp was annoying and the level is quite large... I'll have to play some more later. :)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I just uploaded the patch for you (check trespasser questions).

I haven't played the tc-level is a while, though I think there's another way to cheat the bridge battery puzzle too. I actually forget it myself....

Anways, the patch should help your lag time. I actually have another patch lamenting on my spare harddrive, but MP and I never got together and released it. Oh well......
MikeTheRaptor
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
Antispam: No

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

That rex reminds me of what happened when I played recently...

Now I haven't played in some time, so when I fired up my tc-level I had a lot to get used to. Naturally, ol' rexy freaked me out! So I moved as fast as I could to get away.

I eventually lost him. Didn't hear his footsteps or roars, so I felt safe and secure. Especially when I got inside the shed. So I'm in there for a big, and suddenly I see a tail stick the side wall. It's the rex - and he's got me pinned!!! It was pretty exciting being stuck in there.. I threw some bait out at him and shot him a few times. Eventually he left and I made a run for it. Ahh... that was fun, and amazingly frightening at the same time.
trespasser_guy
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by trespasser_guy »

lol

I know what you mean...

This is my first time playing again for two years or so. I was playing through the game, having a merry old time... running through and killing raptors right and left (it was actually pretty easy, but still felt like I hadn't done it in a long time). Then I hit the firts part in IJ (is it?) where the Rex and two raptors come a' running... I freaked, turned tail, and fled. It took me about 20 minutes to work up the nerve to run out past him... I was going as fast as I possibly could and he caught up. Bit me once, but I didn't die. I thought I was safe when I got up on the side of the hill some distance from the Para. Then ol' Rex came running at the Para and I felt relieved. UNTIL..... He ran right at the Para but abruptly turned and came charging at me again! I ran to the passage into the rock valley thing and lost him... but had also lost one of my guns somewhere along the way. Inside, I ran out of ammo fighting two raptors and had to make another mad-dash away from them. They followed me for 3 minutes or so... me freaking out and running like crazy through the narrow passages. Finally, I lost them when the thing turns into a cave. I finally met my end when I came out into the pit with three raptors and no gun. I slipped and fell, and died, then got eaten. It was sad... But very exciting. I suppose that counts as a cardiovascular excercise?
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

:lol: Awesome. I haven't replayed all the retail levels yet, just the Lab. I just realized how exciting it was turning on the Cray... the inGen logo appearing on the screen... it was a nice moment. Really have a new appreciation for the game now.
trespasser_guy
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by trespasser_guy »

The Cray is one of my favorite parts of the whole game. :)

And the town in general...

And jumping off the top of the mountain in Ascent... Priceless.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

I've been toying with the idea of just setting aside a day and playing through all the levels... and without any cheat codes. :lol:
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
mega raptor
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by mega raptor »

Never beat the levels without cheats. Never. Furthest I ever got was half way through the ascent. (1) I was on a rock, with two raptors around me. I wasn't far from the ak-47, my favorite, and i figured I give a piece of me. Well, they got it all right. In the worng way.
trespasser_guy
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by trespasser_guy »

Cheating does make it easier... but defeats the purpose of Trespasser... it is not a mere videogame... it is a total cardiovascular excercise and stress-tester. :D

To this day, no videogame gets my heart and nerves going quite like Trespasser.

It is definitely a challenge...
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

You guys play with the cheats? I never play with the cheats. I once made it from the beginning of the game all the way through half way through, I believe it's ascent one? Right after the dino pens? Anyway, you know where I'm talking about. I got to the spot just before you get to the Alberto and got eaten. Up till then I didn't die at all. I guess I got too cocky!

One day again I'm gonna try to make it from beginning to end again without becoming raptor meat.

That place with the T-rex and the two raptors you're talking about trespasser_guy is to me one of the hardest places in the game. I always run up and try to snipe the two raptors before attempting to contunue. Once they're out of the way, I wait till the Rex is headed away from me, run between his legs and abruptly cut left toward the cliff when I'm at that point. I try to run around as many objects as possible to throw him off. I remember the first time I encountered that Rex. What a feeling of anxiety and abject fear running away from him knowing he's fixing to take a chunk out of your ass! :lol:
"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."
trespasser_guy
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by trespasser_guy »

LOL I just remembered the first time I encountered that Rex...

I was playing at school during one of my computer classes where my responsibility was to just make sure all broken comps were fixed (which wasn't a problem because we rarely had failures). So I had a lot of spare time...

I was a sophomore, sitting in there with the computer genius senior and another senior who was a football guy (huge guy... could leg press 1000+, bench ~350 or more, etc.). The football guy was standing behind me watching me trying to figure out what the heck I was playing... SO here I am running around through this little "maze" of the dry river bed or whatever it is... and all at once I round a corner and big ol' Rexy comes running towards me. Both he and I started screamed at the same time. Then he starts shouting "shoot it! Shoot that SOB! AHHH!! RUN!" It was the funniest thing I've ever heard. I let a clip of my gun go into the thing and then turned and fled. We cracked up as soon as I was safe around the corner.

I still crack up everytime I think about that... hehe

I try to play without cheats as much as possible and only play with them on if I am lagging REALLY badly or if I am doing a walkthrough or just too lazy to battle it out. My walkthrough fell through, though, last time I was doing it. There are already a few out there... I figured why bother finish mine up. SO I quit...
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

I kinda have a trigger-finger in video games, so "woo" is a must for me. :mrgreen: Other than that one, I hardly use them at all.

I agree about the nerve-raking business. Some spots in Tres still freak me out; the Docks, the Mayan ruins (second Ascent), and several other places.
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
MikeTheRaptor

Post by MikeTheRaptor »

I think one major thing that plays into the fear aspect in the game is the insecurity you feel with your weapons. They hold very little ammunition, your enemies are faster and stronger than you, and if you move the wrong way you just might drop that gun you've been holding on to so tightly...

In most FPS's you have so many bullets, they're practically unlimited and your enemies don't usually chase you down, growling and screaching!
trespasser_guy
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by trespasser_guy »

This is true...

I can let the Rex run at me full force and I stand my ground up until the first time he growls/roars whatever it is. I then lose all composure and flee like the little girl Anne is.

I used to be trigger-happy, too... but I spent a long time "studying" alongside two well-known people in the game Firearms (one was a sniper and the other was a stealth guy). That broke me of my random shooting habit and had me placing precise shots or none at all. BTW for those of you who have played FA... I was known for using an M92F pistol, silenced, and taking out snipers with it from all the way across the level without dying myself. And no, I never hacked... because I have absolutely no clue how to. :)

On a side note... I hold my ground against attacking raptors until they get right up on me ~3 feet away. Then I let the guns blaze and kill with 2-3 shots. I never snipe... I hold ammo way too dear. Missing would be disastrous... though it is really bad to miss up close... which I've done... but... well... that's another story altogether.

BTW- in case you all haven't figured out (or remembered from me previously on the board two years ago) lots of bad (and usually comical) things happen to me in Tres. I've got tons of stories I don't even remember off the top of my head...
mega raptor
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by mega raptor »

The first time I played without cheats when I encountered the rex, I let it take care of the raptors. Then, I waited until it had walked away and then I ran out from the river bed. I made a dash to the parasur when I saw it was following me, so when it ran for the parasur, I ran to the gorge.

The first time I ever encountered him was when I had the dinos cheat on, so I didn't have much to worry about.