Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

It's here!!! (some spoilers inside)

Post by Slugger »

Finally!!!! TC-ISLE is released! 8)

It looks so tanj awesome! :yes: You guys did an EXCELLENT job! I can't believe that this is Trespasser...it was like I was playing it all over again. :mrgreen:

I have yet to finish it still....

Nice easter eggs :wink:
(kinda hyper from the exciment 8) )

QUESTIONS:
- How did you modify the EXE to elimate the cheat codes? (or was that not built into the trail version, I've never really noticed)
- Will we be able to save games, eventually?
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
mega raptor
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by mega raptor »

I have a few questions too. First of all, how do you play the level after you install it? Do you go to the demo or something? Also, what the heck is the river level for in the download?
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Mega Raptor:

To play, once you extract it and run the install program, just go to Start -> Programs -> TC_ISLE and click on the icon that's in there.

You could have also opted to put a shortcut on the desktop.

TC-ISLE apparently calls a modified version of the demo engine that's included in the zip to run. Fire that up, then click on the quicklaunch button, and select tc-isle.scn

I'd guess that tc~river is like a bonus or a file that isn't supposed to be in there. Rebel was saying that TC-RIVER is the final level in the TC trilogy. Work-in-progress.
madppiper
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by madppiper »

you don't even have to launch the level by the quicklaunch-button, simply start a new game - tcisle will run.
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

And that is probably a result of the same research as the Quicklaunch button.

My favorite things in the level (Spoilers)

The SS Venture, and the puzzles therein.

The smiling porta-potty

The mining type operation

The neat waterfalls

The SS Minnow lifering

The fact that the dinos don't follow you, especially due to the shortage of guns in the immediate vicinity

Krusty-Os!

The exploding oil barrel, gets me every time

Things that surprised me:

No save feature (probably from the same research that brought us the Quicklaunch button and the new load level ID.)

Dinos don't follow you, or attack until you are near.

Small number of guns

The SS Venture (That thing rocks, I had to put it twice!)

The "underground" section.

The engine room puzzle that looks like it's from "No One Lives Forever (ie, the Tanker)."

My rating:

Replayability: A+

Graphics: A (The best possible in the engine, good work)

Gameplay: A+

Overall Coolness: B, because this will not impress anyone who hasn't played Trespasser.

Final Score: A-, this level is a must-have.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
mega raptor
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by mega raptor »

I have just one more question about the level I forgot to add in my original post: I have only encountered: dilophosaurus, velociraptor, compsognathus, and gallimimus. (Unless you count the para corpse.) Are these the only dinos in the Beta?
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Who's the guy on the boat who locks you in? Will that be explained?

And yes, mega raptor, I believe those are the only dinos in the beta.
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

there is a living para :)
mega raptor
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by mega raptor »

You made it far in the boat? I made there, but I couldn't get further then a locked door. But I imagine that whoever locks you in is some one from InGen (or its remants) who doesn't want you to find out about what InGen did on the island. By the way, if the S.S. Venture landed (and got stranded) on the island, Were is the rex and the dead crew?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

.... or maybe he's just the last surviving crew member, still frightened out of his mind. hmm?

:pirate:
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

Boat??
Oh my I didn't see any boat :no:
And were can I find the card to open the gates to get to the underground passage? I looked everywere :cry:
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Wait, is the guy hypothethical, or an actual animation of a dude?

I got into the boat, looked around, then fell asleep (it was like 12:30 AM). :lol: Then woke up a 4 AM and went hunting.
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

My review of TC-isle beta

Post by machf »

And it happened again... why, oh, why do the interesting updates are made when I'm too busy to visit this site?

Well, now here's my brief review of the beta level.

First, as people have mentioned already, there's a problem with the "low-res" installer, most files report as corrupt.

Never mind, I installed the hi-res version, and it plays fine on my P3@700MHz/512MB RAM/GF2MX-32MB/Win98SE.

Turns out the verifier detects my Trespasser installation, even though I've currently moved all the files to a CD-RW (I guess it's checking the registry?). I like the level installing as a standalone, no need to have all the other files occupying any space (about 1GB).

So, I started the program, watched the intro movie, then took a look at the configuration and decided to quit the game and copy my config file from the demo. Baaaaad idea, when I ran it again, the graphics were horrible (320x200 using the software renderer). I attempted changing the settings, but nothing would happen. Upon exiting the program, I noticed no changes had been made to the config file whatsoever...

So I restored the original config file (always keep a backup copy of anything you are modifying) and started the game again. This time, after reading those "readme" files again, I started the game with the "quickload" option instead of the "new game" one, just in case. (BTW, what we really need is a "quicksave" option, one that will save your game under a default name+filename, and a corresponding "quickload" option, both inside the game - the current "quickload" should have been named something else, like "go to level" or something that more properly describes its function). Then I had to adjust the video settings to 800x600 (why didn't you take the opportunity to apply the hi-res patch to the .exe file?) and the controls to my taste, after I a while (I had managed to kill myself trying to pick an ice-pick with the default controls - and here the lack of an option to save your game didn't feel good).

So, I start walking in a direction, then I notice a dinosaur eating somethig, whoops, wrong direction, so I went the opposite way, always keeping near high ground (and just in case, remembering that "the closer you get to the water, the bigger they are" or somesuch, since JP/// had been on cable this weekend again). I managed to explore a good portion of the island's perimeter that way, I had left the centre for later. I managed to kill 3 fair-sized carnivore dinosaurs (one with 6 shots, the next one with my remaining two shots and then the gun's butt to the neck, which was more effective, apparently, and the third one, well, I don't want to spoil it, I'll just say I remembered a game from some 5 years prior to Trespasser when i was killing it), avoided another two and several small ones, then I retraced my steps and avoided another one, then when I was climbing a hill trying to avoid the one I had seen at first chewing on a corpse, I slipped and died, damn it (and here I missed a "save" option again, as before attempting to go up the hills was a good moment to save my game). Since it was already past 1am, I just opened the level on TresEd to give a look at it and see how much of the island I had missed so far, it turned out to be not much, I had almost walked around the whole perimeter. I must play again later and explore the center of the island...

Some more comments: I like the new models, but I still don't like the omnipresent fog - it should be more distant, for my taste. Any way the user can change this, never mind the model details?
Hmmm, no "follow the parasaurolophus" in this level? On other levels, usually, when you follow one, you find something interesting...
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

hppav wrote: My favorite things in the level (Spoilers)

The SS Minnow lifering
Funny you should mention that since I had you in mind when I suggested it to, Remdul. 8)
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-

Post by hppav »

Mickey wrote:Boat??
Oh my I didn't see any boat :no:
The cargo ship is on the opposite side of the island from where you start.
mega raptor wrote:You made it far in the boat? I made there, but I couldn't get further then a locked door. But I imagine that whoever locks you in is some one from InGen (or its remants) who doesn't want you to find out about what InGen did on the island. By the way, if the S.S. Venture landed (and got stranded) on the island, Were is the rex and the dead crew?
I made it up to the deck, and then I jumped off and died. Some of those puzzles are pretty tricky, but are still fun. As for the crew and rex, maybe the Navy grounded it there and quarantined the island without knowledge that it was a third island, but why ground it here instead of Sorna? I think it was put in there so you can have the feeling of there being something going on on the island.

hppav's super wonderful walkthrough to get to the deck of the SS Venture (Venture 5888) in TC Isle:

From where you discover the ship, move to the port (left) side of the ship and climb a boulder and into the ship, a section of the ceiling will fall, blocking your exit. Now, follow the exit sign up the stairs and you will here someone moving around and locking the door. Move back through the ship and through the big room in the center. Head downstairs and into the engine room. Pick up the wrench that's next to the engine on your left and throw it at the duct grating above you. When it opens, pick up your wrech and head to the left side of the left engine and hit the valve on the pipe that is leaking and the room will begin to flood. Head back to the duct and wait until you are high enough to jump into it. Crawl through the duct and into the cargo hold. You will need to push a fuse back into place on the machinery and remove a pipe from the gears before you can open the doors. Now getting down, I will leave to you, as I have yet to figure that one out.