All Dino's in level active at the same time?

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Antispam: No

Post by Asjad »

uhh rebel i think i can help here :wink:

in this program slugger,you cant edit the dinosaur.....or edit the bones........this program links a dinosaur bone system to a mesh...e.g a raptor bone set,albertausaur bone set etc.you cannot create a bone system of your own since only the existing dino bone systems work. "links a dinosaur bone system to a mesh means that that particular mesh is going to use the bones you linked to animate the mesh in Trespasser.

HOW TO FEED THE MESH IN TPDC(how to force it to work) :
Well first of all you need a mesh,create it using any modelling program e.g 3ds max,milkshape3d etc...or you may have an exisitng mesh.This mesh has to be in .TPM format for it to import in TPDC.......if your mesh is in some other format.....to export it to .TPM you need the .TPM import/export scripts..you can get this from Andres' TResEd site,you need to export it to .TPM by using 3ds max or Gmax.....i dont think other programs can run these scripts,anyway your halfway there...after you have successfully exported to .TPM......go and open the file.......if windows prompts for associating a program to open this file......select WORDPAD,after youve opened this file........whereever you see the word "mesh" just type "Skin" to replace it....save your changes..then open TPDC,go to the root directory where you saved the file....(OPEN IT,dont use the new dino wizard,its a beta version so it doesnt work).now you should be able to see your mesh in the viewport......make sure that the textures exist in the path where you saved your file.NOW UH OH......as i wrote this i forgot....you gotta get a bone set before you can link anything :lol: anyway thats easy.....i do it in a rather crazy way....well here goes.....you'll have to export a dinosaur with the "convert joints (bones) to TPM format"...then you import it in gmax/3ds max import your created mesh.the one you want to use....then delete everything making an exception of your mesh and some little boxes.now adjust those boxes like they were adjusted in the previous mesh.i know this sounds confusing but iam sorry cant explain it better...now you have to export this file to .TPM again then open the file.......replace every word "mesh" with "skin" then load TPDC,there :) now start linking the bones and save...if your lucky the dinosaur might work.....and OH remember ,before making a mesh......be sure your dinosaur mesh the one your making,is below 450 or perhaps 350 polygons....i donno only Remdul can tell you that.but there is a limit to the dinosaur's detail.
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Slugger »

Thanks Rebel and Asjad for your replies. I guess that I'll just start fiddling around with it. :)
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

Anytime :wink: