Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Antispam: No

Biological Fact--Science

Post by Asjad »

Well before you can release Tc_isle.....and if you have raptors planned for it and you want your level to be as realistic as possible then this fact might help.

In jurassic park.......velociraptor is shown much more larger than it really is. Maybe the dinosaur creators got confused with some measurements but here is a fact:
Velociraptor was not 2 metres tall..........it was 2 metres LONG.
Raptors in Trespasser should have been a little shorter than they are scaled.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Dunno. They seem right to me, Asjad. If Tres' raptors were as you suggest, 2 meters tall, they would have been able to bit off Anne's non-existent head, not just nip at the lower body area.
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

Uhh.......Read again what i wrote.......i wrote velociraptors were NOT 2 metres TALL.........they were 2 metres LONG......in other words from head to tail they were 2 metres but its height was not 2 metres..it was shorter.
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

It really depends on how tall Anne is............though she seems a giant to me :lol:

i meant to say was that Raptors should be slightly shorter than Anne

http://www.gavinrymill.com/dinosaurs/veloci/
visit this and you'll get the point.
DinoGrrl
Parasaurus
Parasaurus

Post by DinoGrrl »

yeah totally.. I dont pretend to be an expert, but all the research shows that what were called Velociraptors in Jurassic Park were really a lot closer to Utahraptors (found in Utah, go figure hehe).. Cause Velociraptors were so small, always on average.. Like large dog sized.. and the skull was just like asjad's link says, it's so obviously comparable, but they were just usually smaller.. the size of a man and lightweight... but Utahraptors, more muscle-bound and barrel chested, could occasionally be up to 8 feet just at the shoulder! and some bigger... :o
thats a lot bigger than in JP, also its believed Utahrap wasnt a pack hunter.. i dunno.. but its just that none of the 3 fit the JP ideal raptor to a T. So I guess JP is like a mix inbetween the 3.. cross-genus DNA sampling? hehe.. Deino-Velutahciraptor! *claims the species with a victorious booty-shake* Maybe they didnt get the same DNA from each mosquito and it created the hybrid we all know and admire!
I totally love raptors.. i wish i had all the geeky info i collected about them.. TOMES of knowledge lol... its in my room somewhere =/
anyhow i dont know if someone's already mentioned this or if its even all true with any new dino discoveries! (i'm no scholar hehe) but I thought I'd share :)
and I've got to agree with Asj... what it should be is smaller raptors with a larger pack mentality! with good AI to work as a team or something.. get to it boys :mrgreen:

~
Dinogrrl <3
To the skies!
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

Actually the animals which are called "velociraptors"in jurassic park match the exact characteristics of the Deinonychus.

So what we see in Jurassic Park are actually deinonychus,or could be as DinoGrrl mentioned Utahraptors.

The funny thing is....while jurassic park science shows us that velociraptors were very smart.......crossed limits in Jurassic park 3....seems like educated raptors :lol: scientists say(i heard) that the velociraptor was as intelligent as the modern birds.
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

Another link.....this might provide some information too
http://www.nationaldinosaurmuseum.com.a ... raptor.htm