New level?

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

mega raptor
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

New level?

Post by mega raptor »

I was simply wondering, after TC_Isle is done, will another trecom level begin? Or will we only see 2 great trescom levels?
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

I can't speak for the great people who put so much of their prescious time in these great levels. I haven't played the second one of course, but the idea of walking around this entire island... It just sounds amazing... The way Trespasser was ment to be.

But personally, I think that's it... I think, and I might be totally wrong, but I'm getting the feeling that these good people will come to think, "What's the point?"...

For me, playing Trespasser was great, I played it for many years over and over again...

The most interesting part for me was to find out everything that had been cut out or not been used. DreamWorks' dirt. Checking through the .tpa files was very interesting. Finding out everything we could about Pine Valley was interesting... I think that's the magic of Pine Valley... There's no point in making it... It's like making Star Wars prequels, what's the point? We all know what's going to happen...

I have great respect for the people who made Trespasser and it's new levels, and though there may be more levels, I think that eventually people will abandon it. One of the main reasons I don't visit this forum very often anymore is just because I have nothing to say or ask... I check the website at least twice a week though, so I'm up-to-date...
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Well, there'll either be a completion of the trilogy that Tres Ops had planned, or you'll be left with a last mystery, which in some strange way, would be fitting for the Trespasser Legacy. Somehow though, I don't see MadPpiper or Remdul not completing the master plan.

There's some strange shiat going on lately, though. This total conversion of Trespasser to the Crytek engine for example, gives me pause. I won't personally get involved with anything like that, mostly because of my age, but also it simply won't be Trespasser to me, the look n' feel would be completely different and I personally don't have any interest in it. On the plus side, if it is successful, it may strengthen the community and produce more new and interesting levels, though I do think that there's a vast amount of prep work involved before the community would see anything tangible that would come from such an effort.

In any event, let us 1st finish tc_isle. At the moment, that is my one and only concern. We've put alot of work into it, there's a helluva lot of new stuff there, unique uses of the engine, and I'd like to be able to get a beta of it out there a.s.a.p.
Nem
-=TresCom Administrator=-
-=TresCom Administrator=-
Antispam: No

Post by Nem »

There IS something special in the original levels of Trespasser that the fan levels will never be able to recreate, much less a TC to FarCry.

I do hope this community keeps on living for a long time thought.
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

[quote]There's some strange shiat going on lately, though. This total conversion of Trespasser to the Crytek engine for example, gives me pause. I won't personally get involved with anything like that, mostly because of my age, but also it simply won't be Trespasser to me, the look n' feel would be completely different and I personally don't have any interest in it.[/quote]

We are doing the project just to put Trespasser in a new engine just to see what it would look with better graphics.... I know it will not be as good as the original trespasser not even close. But I hear people all over the jp community saying it would be cool to see Trespasser in a new engine so We did it were are doing it because of the love that we have got for the game!!
I am sad in knowing that you don't have "I personally don't have any interest in it"
:oops: :cry:
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Mick, don't be sad, I still wish you the best of luck. Besides, I'm just one person, so pay no mind to the man behind the curtain. :wink:
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

:wink: ate the moment we have got someone Composing music for use no it is not a fan!
:wink:
http://www.chrisbouchard.tk/
madppiper
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by madppiper »

that's good news...

so does he actually compose some new tracks for ya?
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

yes he said that he would like to compose for use!! :wink:
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Don't get me wrong; once the full version of TC-Isle is available I am going to explore every square inch of the Island like I did all the other levels, this is going to be the best level ever, even better than my favorites InGen Lab and Burroughs.

But I just have the feeling that this will be the last...
madppiper

Post by madppiper »

uhm... actually...

so far we got at least 1 extra level planned! We still have lots of ideas for new levels and we are already saving some models for the next level...
Lou-saydus
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by Lou-saydus »

You know what would be awesome..

if you could walk the WHOLE island and have to go from one side to the other or make you way from one hatchery to another.

that would be soo cool.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Well you got my attention :mrgreen:

I'm not sure how you are thinking to surpass your second level... Unless it's an even bigger Island 8)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

It'll be a continuing and progressive storyline, as will the location be.
Hilwo
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Hilwo »

Please don't tell me we can only roam half of the island and wait for another level to explore the second half...

We will be able to see all of the island as one level, right?