Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Antispam: No

How much longer??

Post by Asjad »

Its been almost a year...when is TC_isle coming?? :?
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Actually, we didn't truly start assembling the level until 05/21/03 which was the very first exchange of valid level files. We can't give you gents a target date yet, but we're in discussions about it.

If there is no beta, the release date will be later, if there is a beta, it'll be sooner. An Alpha version will be first, though that'll be given only to the appropriate contest winners.... Sorry for being so vague. :?
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

ahh!.....its made me forget about how fantastic trespasser actually was :lol: havent played it for such a long time now...i was hoping the level would be online a lot sooner.
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

I'd love to see it finished myself, but by far, I'd consider this to be the most complex level ever designed for Tres.
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

An Alpha version will be first, though that'll be given only to the appropriate contest winners....

Just one question!!! will the the Alpha version have new dinos in it our will that be only in the Final version??? :wink:
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

We haven't made any decisions as to what form the Alpha would take. An Alpha is basically a test setup, and wouldn't necessarily have all elements of gameplay in place --
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

Heh....i cant even think about getting my hands on that Alpha version because i am simply not going to win the contest :( i have no votes either :x
Remdul
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Remdul »

First of all I would like to say that we are still working hard on it. Though I don't spend *all* of my spare time on it, has to remain fun in order to keep the overall quality intact. I personally don't like releasing an Alpha version of a level (kinda spoils the experience you could have in the final level), but if you guys like to see some stuff then we'll do it. :)

You should know that about 90% of what we have in the level now was created from scratch.

First of all the terrain, the geometry was created from a heightmap painting I did and both Rebel and I scaped it with TresEd's superb terrain tools. Also new are most terrain textures. Pulled some fresh stock textures from my archive and Rebel created a few variations.

Most of the vegetation is new, mainly the jungle trees, the butt-ugly palms which I have yet to perfect, and a few smaller plants.

All key locations consist of new buildings. The lighthouse you already know, dock and bridge. And then there are the bigger locations but I won't go into detail about those. :mrgreen:

Dinos will all be touched up, but most of them are new anyway.

I have finished the dinosaur creation application by the way, it is still in beta testing phase (testing it as we go along, but we've managed to get a totally new dinosaur alive an kicking already). This tool will probably be released simultaneously with TC-Isle. Whether that 'release' is the Alpha version Rebel suggested or the final version I do not know yet. Depends on the time I have to write the documentation (help files mainly, readme) and create templates (and probably fix a few bugs as we encounter them).

We have a few quite unique new technologies in it. We are probably doing things even the creators of Tres wasn't possible, found some ways to exploit functionalities that wheren't designed for these purposes.

Anyway, I think you'll be surprised by the level. At least I was. Often when I finished a model I zipped it up and send it to Rebel without testing it, who assembled it an put it into place. Frequently I was surprised by the quality of the screens he then showed me. :)
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

wow

Post by Mickey »

wow this will be so cool!!!
I can't wait and as I said before you people do more and more fantastic things!!! :wink: I look ate the images etc... and I think my level (The Hunt Level) is nothing in front of the Trescom isle!! 8)
one day if we ever get to contact any members of the Trespasser Team I would like to see there faces when they look ate Trescom and see what we did!!! and we will say yes it was use that did this when Dreamworks didn't do anything for trespasser and the Team didn't belive it could be possible to have and editor!!! we did it all!!! that is loving a game!!!!!!! :wink: 8) :mrgreen: :yes:
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Remdul wrote:=I personally don't like releasing an Alpha version of a level (kinda spoils the experience you could have in the final level), but if you guys like to see some stuff then we'll do it. :)
Actually, I'm opposed to releasing an unfinished (alpha) version to the general public too, Remdul. A Beta, of course, is a bit different, as that version would be mostly compete, but may still have some additions or possible changes that may take place when a final version came along.
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

well I like beta Versions to look ate the great work you are doing!!!
does this meen you are not relesing one for the contest winners?? :cry: :yes: :wink:
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

No, an Alpha was part of the prize and we wouldn't backtrack from that. What I'm stating is, I think the people who have been puttin' their sweat into this level would be shortchanged by releasing such a level to the G.P. There's just too much unfinished business here, and I personally would like to see a player's first experience with tc-isle to be what we intended it to be.
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

Boy! :D how good can you get!......a new dinosaur in working condition!!!great news and work Remdul!! :)
Asjad
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

Post by Asjad »

well i hope TC_isle will be online before feb ends :)
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

:no:

Sorry, but we won't be finished by then....