TC-Isle size

Management front office desk. Ask away.

Moderators: TresCom Support Team, TresCom Webteam, TresCom Board Managers

scallenger
-=TresCom Website Manager=-
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

TC-Isle size

Post by scallenger »

Is the new level going to be large in space with things spread out all over the place, or is it a small level, but with many things compactly fit in the same general areas? If its bigger in size, do you think it is bigger than lets say the town level?
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

will it talk to long to download???!!!
the last trecomlevel had 45 mb to much and somepeople can't download that!!!
even with download managers :wink:
IsToR
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by IsToR »

Mickey wrote:will it talk to long to download???!!!
the last trecomlevel had 45 mb to much and somepeople can't download that!!!
even with download managers :wink:
So you mean just because you and maybe a couple of others have a slow connection, the trescom team sould compromise a lot of stuff to make the file size smaller, so that a minority of those who download the level won't have to wait for so long for the download to finish?

Also, what do you mean by "not even with download managers"? For gods sake, just download a small part every time you go online. I know you are online a lot because you post here so much, so it really shouldn't take very long for you to get it. When I had a modem connection, I downloaded the trespasser demo with a download manager. It's about 30 megs, and it went just fine. Stop being so impatient.

Sorry if it sounds a little rough or something, but I'm just sick of people complaining about 45 megs... It really isn't THAT much.
Mickey
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

Post by Mickey »

I was not complaning but I was asking if it is possible to get it smaller!!!
Sorry Istor didn't meen to impatient :cry: :oops:
Rebel
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-

Post by Rebel »

Mick, we can't offer exact numbers at the moment, but my own guess would be that this level will be between 5 to 10mbs smaller than tc.

Scal: If you picked a point on the shoreline, then walked completely around the Island by shoreline, it'd take you about 14 minutes to return to your original departure point (no stops). Does that help?
IsToR
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by IsToR »

Mickey wrote:I was not complaning but I was asking if it is possible to get it smaller!!!
Sorry Istor didn't meen to impatient :cry: :oops:
Oh ok... I didn't get the message.. :)
IsToR
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

Post by IsToR »

Rebel wrote:Mick, we can't offer exact numbers at the moment, but my own guess would be that this level will be between 5 to 10mbs smaller than tc.
That's good.. for the people with slow connections :D :)
hppav
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
-=TresCom Forum Admin=-
Antispam: No

Post by hppav »

45 megs not THAT much? Excuse me but some folk here have only 100 megs left right now (me :? ). Stop bitchin' and stop bitchin' about bitchin' because, to tell you the truth, it's really annoying. :x Take it out on some "innocent fried clams at the West Warff"-Dreamcatcher.

Now, the important part of this message. Anyone know of any good Download Accelerators? (I don't want Download Accelerator Plus, I had it before and it expired.)

-In case you haven't guessed, I'm not in a good mood right now.
Album 1 http://m.imgur.com/a/cRA26
Album 2 http://imgur.com/a/6tvKV
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom leaked and (few) official photos
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

I used to download the 76 mg Half-Life full patch regularly, (when I used Windows which crashed regularly! ;) ), and it took over 12 hours to download when I had 56k. I'd just start it right before I went to bed, and by mid-day the next day, it'd be done!
"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."