MyBooks

Discuss Programming / Linux questions.

Moderators: scallenger, Sky, TresCom Support Team

Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

MyBooks

Post by Dapper Dan »

Troodon, have you had a chance to look at Appgen's MyBooks yet? I' m pretty sure I'm going to go ahead and order the cd, but first, would value your feedback on it if you've had the time to look it over..

http://www.appgen.com/products/mybooks.html
Troodon

Post by Troodon »

The short answer is, no. I downloaded the Windows trial but the little bastard wanted ~150 MB of drive space and, at that time, I was short on drive space for a game. All I wanted to know is whether or not it has the "Accounts receivable" and "Accounts payable" features that are missing in the basic version of QuickBooks. According to the MyBooks docs the answer should be yes. How do you like the software?
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

So far, I've been impressed with it's visuals and intuitiveness. Our office computer has an 80 gig hard drive so drive space won't be a problem. The Linux demo has to have running Java to operate, and, no matter how hard I try, I simply am not smart enough about Linux at this time to get it running. Any advice?
I presume that the Windows version is similar, if not the same as the Linux and Mac versions. It seems more user friendly than QuickBooks, but the problem is, my book keeper/accountant is not very susceptible to change. It took a huge effort just to get her to switch from doing all the books "by hand" to using QuickBooks. I keep telling her that the transition to MyBooks should be fairly simple since she is now familiar with accounting by computer, but she still feels trepidation. She doesn't understand, nor really care about my insistence to have a Windows free office environment. Getting away from QuickBooks is the last obstacle in my quest! :)

One really great thing about MyBooks though, you can easily import all of your QuickBooks information and pick right up in MyBooks where you left off! If you do get a chance to look at it though, I would be very interested in your impressions. Thanks.