Trespasser runs with WineX

Discuss Programming / Linux questions.

Moderators: scallenger, Sky, TresCom Support Team

Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Trespasser runs with WineX

Post by Dapper Dan »

I Downloaded WineX from Transgaming.com to see if I could get the whole game working instead of just the demo. Everything installed from the CD just as with Windows. The opening movies look and play similarly, though a little on the dark side. Once level one loaded, I was on the beach!
So far as I can tell for now, it will only run in software mode at 640x480. Somewhat of an adjustment over running at 800x600 with a G-force.
The good news is, all the sounds and visuals are exacly the same, the framerate seems to me to be no different than with Windows. The action and movements are just as smooth with no jerkiness or frame freezing. I am truely amazed Trespasser runs this well on Linux with WineX and at almost full screen!
It can be crashed though. You cannot confingure controls, set audio or video, or at least I've not found out how to accomplish this yet. If you click on any of the configure buttons, it crashes.
On a related note: Starcraft runs really well and at full screen! I was able to get Half-Life to install, but am still having issues when trying to run a game. Oh well I'll figure it out! Just for fun, I'm going to see if I can get TresEd to work with WineX. :wink:
Christopher
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Post by Christopher »

Well thats ... um ... great :D
Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all." - Principal Skinner.