Switching sides.

Discuss Programming / Linux questions.

Moderators: scallenger, Sky, TresCom Support Team

Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

In what way are you getting this error? What is it saying exactly?
"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."
Lou-saydus
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by Lou-saydus »

its not an error. when i go to File>Burn Image the drop down file type selection box says "All files" ".nrg"
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

That's a new one on me.. Maybe Nero's website will have instructions for burning images from iso to cd. There has to be a way to do it. Is your's a purchased copy or a downloaded trial version?
"I have discovered an ancient tribe of those who still hold a candle for this dead, and forgotten Videonic Gamen... the Forgotten people."
Lou-saydus
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by Lou-saydus »

its mine.. it came with me comp. no trial here. :)
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

yochenhsieh
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by yochenhsieh »

I suggest buying some (I have 3) CD-RW for burning Linux CDs. In case you do anything wrong...
Lou-saydus
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by Lou-saydus »

whoa dan this is very weird... I don't know how to do anything lol.. BUT I LIKE IT! Linux is so cool.
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

Lou, you're not giving me enough information! What does this mean?? you got Morphix running? You like it? Fill me in on the details bro! :wink:
Lou-saydus
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by Lou-saydus »

ok here go's

1st Linux(Morphix) IS running.. i got it running just fine. Thx 4 the link
2nd I LOVE IT! Linux is awsome, although it isnt for the extreme newbie
3rd its a little harder to use than windows (if that the only os you have ever used)
4th I still have a LOT to learn and i know it.
5th I am having some trouble using my CD rom drives, but its probly just me :P
6th Dan... You Rock! Thanks soooooooo much ur so awesome!

btw how do u get the tool bar on the bottem back if you "minimize" it. bottem of the screen.... LOL!
Last edited by Lou-saydus on Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lou-saydus
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by Lou-saydus »

one more thing these last 2 post r from inside of linux, actually mozilla.

btw, Is it just me or is mozilla a little slower than windows explorer?
yochenhsieh
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus

Post by yochenhsieh »

Lou-saydus wrote:btw, Is it just me or is mozilla a little slower than windows explorer?
It's because of Morphix, actually. :P When you use a Live-CD distro, the speed is limited by your CD-ROM drive and RAM. I think konqueror or Galeon may run a little faster than Mozilla, though.
IE (Internet Explorer) runs fast because part of it is "intergrated" into Windows already.
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

Lou-saydus wrote:one more thing these last 2 post r from inside of linux, actually mozilla.

btw, Is it just me or is mozilla a little slower than windows explorer?
Lou, everything will be slower when running rom the cd. If you installed it to HD it would be much faster. Just take your time, get familiar with it, and try things out. You can even configure it the way you want, but remember, all your configurations are temporary. Once you reboot, they will all go away. CAUTION: Do not install the HD without consutation! :)
Dapper Dan
-=TresCom Elder=-
-=TresCom Elder=-

Post by Dapper Dan »

yochenhsieh wrote:
Lou-saydus wrote:btw, Is it just me or is mozilla a little slower than windows explorer?
It's because of Morphix, actually. :P When you use a Live-CD distro, the speed is limited by your CD-ROM drive and RAM. I think konqueror or Galeon may run a little faster than Mozilla, though.
IE (Internet Explorer) runs fast because part of it is "intergrated" into Windows already.
Ditto! :)
Lou-saydus
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by Lou-saydus »

Sorry i guess you misunderstood.. or i didnt tell u that i already have it installed to HD.. and im talking about the speed of my connection to the net.
Lou-saydus
Pteranodon
Pteranodon

Post by Lou-saydus »

Dapper Dan wrote:CAUTION: Do not install the HD without consutation! :)
uhhhh......??