TheIdiot's new mod set on Isla Nublar

Moderators: scallenger, Wajas, TheIdiot

Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer
Antispam: No

Re: Level 1: RTJP~Helipad Development

Post by Draconisaurus »

Noice. Appears as one of the most detailed ingame Tres dinosaurs to date.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Noice. Appears as one of the most detailed ingame Tres dinosaurs to date.
:D I hope to attain this level of detail with all of the dinosaurs, but some of the bigger ones need even higher quality textures than they already have to look this good. Might need to go back and re-do the Rex again with 1024x textures rather than 512x.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

"You'll have to look up above the treetops if you want to spot the head of the largest dinosaur in the park: brachiosaurus. Standing at an impressive fifty feet tall, this gentle Jurassic giant uses its long neck and powerful rear legs to graze on the leaves at the tops of trees which other herbivores can't reach. Though their immense size would keep hungry predators well away, our brachiosaurs are some of the most tranquil dinosaurs in the park, preferring to spend much of their time bathing in the lake or resting with other herbivores. Visitors staying at the Jurassic Park Safari Lodge will have a sweeping view from their clifftop perch over their main paddock which occupies the central fields of Isla Nublar."

Finally got around to re-working the brachiosaurus model and skin. Not too many major changes, mostly just fixing up seams, smoothing out the colouration and adjusting the head to look closer to the animatronic. There are two variants of brachiosaurus - the larger adult and the smaller adolescent, which has a slightly smaller build overall and a reddish colour scheme rather than the gray of the adult.

Also, made a tiny mistake in this image - the top of Mount Sibo, the big cloudy mountain on the right, is still untextured. Whoops! :sick:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

"ooo, ahh" Hehe nice.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:"ooo, ahh" Hehe nice.
They say that's how it always starts... :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Thought I'd post this here - Sam/hppav passed it my way on fb

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

That's extremely impressive and cool to see. I bet he's drooling over it already, and I really wonder how it compares to what we've got and Sam's overall plans for the VC. It seems overall that there are some differences in the shape of the exterior walls. I wonder if that building which was there beforehand was meant to be the "Hotel" which you can see on the computer screens and is supposed to be adjacent to the Visitor Center?

Make sure to tell him thanks for that! :) It'll definitely be of use to me for placing vegetation and such. Hopefully this tempts him to come back and finish the VC. :wink:
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Schweet...
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Miles of tour track still criss-cross many roadways across the island, while service roads and narrow paths snake this way and that at intervals, provoking exploration in all directions. Luckily, Hurricane Clarissa's lesser impact on Isla Nublar left most of the directional signs standing, as without these, the endless maze of roads, moats, and fences might become an unescapable labyrinth.

Found some time to work further on the level today. Although the area shown here is not new, I had to finish polishing off the areas you can see in the distance before taking this screenshot. Much of what I try to do with map design is to create interesting views and sightlines in order to provoke exploration. You might spot something interesting off in the distance, but have to bushwack your way through some jungle (or some dinosaurs) in order to get there. My hope is that the island feels easy to navigate, but still a challenge to get where you want to go.
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Lookin' good mate
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Hey TI - where's the latest version of RTJP you've made a public release of?
tatu
-=TresCom Website Manager=-

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Hey TI - where's the latest version of RTJP you've made a public release of?
For public release I believe his latest one is the one from 2009 that is nothing like the new one.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
Draconisaurus
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by Draconisaurus »

Nah TI released a recent version, the latest before he started the new layout. Wanting to grab a peak at the VC..
tatu

Post by tatu »

Draconisaurus wrote:Nah TI released a recent version, the latest before he started the new layout. Wanting to grab a peak at the VC..
Oh, there was a 2013 version he released. It is in out download section. Any later than that would probably be private test versions.
Active project: Trespasser: Isla Sorna
BE-PH1: Released
PH2-IT: Pre-released
PL-SUM: In production

"...there used to be more benches, but InGen's workers removed them during the evacuation in the name of framerate."
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Draconisaurus wrote:Hey TI - where's the latest version of RTJP you've made a public release of?
The latest release is the 2013 version (the first version I posted as a member here). The later 2015 version is not available yet due to it using a ton of assets which are being used in the current version.

The 2013 version can be downloaded here.
http://www.trescom.org/download/downloa ... d-RTJP.rar

It's the first version to use hppav's VC model if that's what you're looking for, though the VC looks like crap compared to how it looks now. In fact, here's a comparison .gif showing all four versions of it up until now:

And a single "official" post of the VC as it is now:

Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away...