TresCom Forums

TresCom : The Trespasser Fan Gateway...
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:15 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:41 pm 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

TheIdiot wrote:

There are a few other models which I could certainly use an extra hand making in order to speed up the development process. These are:
Spoiler: show
-InGen helicopter, as seen in the movie.
-A mercenary helicopter.

I've got several different ones lying around. Someone else would have to retexture them, though.
Quote:
-Various buildings based on the architecture of Panama City, Panama.
-A realistic Hummer H1.
-A small variety (3-4) of civilian cars.

You want me to release
my Motorpool level
, don't you? I *did* look for it the other day on this PC, but I didn't find it. Which means I didn't copy it and it's still on the old one...
Quote:
-Several human character models.

I have some free ones I got, but you'll need to sort out which ones are low-poly enough for Trespasser.
Quote:
-Various weapon models.

Besides all the ones already in
my Armory level
? What do you have in mind?
Quote:
-Animal models, not entirely limited to dinosaurs.
-Several buildings and locations not seen in the movie - either fully original or based on those from the Telltale video game.

Send me a PM if you're interested so we can discuss getting these structures done as accurately and efficiently as possible, and so that I can add you to the team! :)

Well, regarding the former, I don't have many. Regarding the latter, there are the ones from
JPOG, rather than the Telltale game
, if they are of any help...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:49 am 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Thanks for the listing, machf. I'll PM you. :)

My currently active projects:
Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD: Beach (Released!) / Jungle Road | TheIdiot's release thread

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:00 pm 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Isla Nublar, Costa Rica.
One of the only satellite images of this access-restricted island to be leaked to the public, located 120 miles west of Costa Rica.

A cloudless version of this image will serve as a GPS map of Isla Nublar for use as the player's map in the level to aid in navigation.

Return to Jurassic Park: A Trespasser Mod - Forum or ModDB | Trespasser HD: Beach (Released!) / Jungle Road | TheIdiot's release thread

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:19 am 
T-Rex
T-Rex

Tried rigging for the first time, turned out about as well as I'd expected:

I also managed to mess up the scale of the mesh somehow, so the actual skeleton and physics are tiny despite the scale of the animal itself (this actually puzzles me moreso than the weird rigging). I was trying to keep it simple by just converting the TC para to a quadruped, but evidently I managed to fail something along the way.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:18 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Second image isn't appearing...

...Welcome to the Jurassic Rigging Club! :pirate: Here there by Dinosaurs...

Oddly enough I haven't had to deal with the rescale issue such as the Leopleurodon suffered. Not sure how to go about fixing it or what causes it. Possibly make sure the scale of your to-be-rigged dino and the scale of the dino rig you're using (from Tres) are the same, first.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:19 am 
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

TheIdiot wrote:
Tried rigging for the first time, turned out about as well as I'd expected:

I also managed to mess up the scale of the mesh somehow, so the actual skeleton and physics are tiny despite the scale of the animal itself (this actually puzzles me moreso than the weird rigging). I was trying to keep it simple by just converting the TC para to a quadruped, but evidently I managed to fail something along the way.

Well, it happens all the time, until you get the hang out of it... and I still have to dig through the code to find out what exactly causes it.

And as Drac said, that second image isn't loading.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:56 pm 
T-Rex
T-Rex

The second image was just one of Marvin the Martian saying "Back to the old drawing board". I had to get it from a really poorly-designed site because I couldn't find one anywhere else. :P

I haven't had time in the past week to try rigging this thing again, but I think at least I know where I went wrong with the scaling now. Either way, it's just nice to see that it worked at all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9