Moderators: scallenger, Wajas, TheIdiot

TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Weekly Update! Last: December 12th, 2014

Post by TheIdiot »

WEEK SOMETHINGOROTHER - we'll call it Week Eight - December 21, 2014
----------------------------------------------

Merry Christmas to all! Hopefully everyone's been enjoying themselves; it's been great for me - I am now the proud owner of a replica Barbosol embryo cannister, complete with the compartment and everything, alongside other stuff.

Been relaxing and enjoying myself for the past few days, but that doesn't mean my slacking spree has continued - in fact, it's rather subsided and I've gotten some more work in on RTJP. It's nothing screenshot worthy (yet), though in due time I believe I will have something...great...something extraordinary...to show everyone. I'll keep it under wraps for now, although I will say that packs quite the punch. :mrgreen: And, thankfully, my 3DS Max skills have improved slightly and I've finally worked out how to do decent UV maps on slightly complex objects. Nothing too special, but it's good enough for Tres quality. Anyway, you can expect to see either one of the most awesome things in Tres soon, or, if the damn triggers decide to be uncooperative, at least something very interesting and original.

In other news, I went and made a brand new skin for the higher-poly SPAS-12 shotgun in the Armory level to make it as close to the film as possible. I also gave it my new sounds and messed around with its settings to get it as close to the real weapon as possible, and it feels just right at the moment. Two additional features I want to include are shells ejecting from the gun when it is fired, which, at the moment, may prove to be un-doable in the way I would like to do it, and for the shotguns (at least) to fire a spray of pellets instead of a single slug. I think I might have a trick up my sleeve as to how I might pull this off, but it may or may not work based on a number of variables. If it comes down to it, the shotguns (of which there will be three models) will simply fire slugs instead.

Now then, on to the construction of Jurassic Park itself. The map has been prepared and basic terrain work has taken place on the parts of the island in the east and south to give me an outline as to where the hills, ridges and ravines will be. With the huge map size, there is much more room to create interesting terrain features and landmarks, though I believe a lot of area will be taken up by mountains and such due to my attempt to re-create every possible shot in the film accurately. I know, I know, obviously that can't be done with the map I am using of the island, but it's worth a shot even as a guideline.
Yesterday I retextured and imported the Raptor Pit, it looks pretty good, though I'm still unsure of where it will be located. I'm thinking it will be north-west of the Visitor Center just underneath one of Nublar Mount (or, as The Game and JW put it, Mount Sibo)'s enormous spurs. The place I currently have it located - just north of the Main Gate - causes too many terrain issues and crowds the area too much for my liking, so it will most likely end up where I marked it on the map after all! :P

So, that's it for this, er, week-thing, be prepared for some interesting screens next time! I might unveil my secret little project I mentioned above there, depending on whether or not I get it working by next week.

And, because I'm finally back on track, we have:

Legendary Glitch of the Week:
I teleported an invisible box into the T. Rex and...well...it ended up in Stegoland. :|
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Weekly Update! Last: January 1st, 2015

Post by TheIdiot »

WEEK NINE (HAPPY NEW YEAR!) - January 1st, 2015

You know, I think I'll let the video do the talking here...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdACGQL9 ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

'Nuff said.

Must I describe the problems I've had with this confounded thing?! :sick:
machf
T-Rex Killer
T-Rex Killer

Post by machf »

Which sadly reminds me I never finished working on that RPG...
Visit The Carnivores Saga - a forum devoted to modding Action Forms' Carnivores, Carnivores 2 and Carnivores: Ice Age games
Tres WIP: updated T-Script Reference and File Formats documents
Sound name listings for the Demo (build 117), Retail (build 116), Beta 103, Beta 99, Beta 97, Beta 96, Build 55, PC Gamer Alpha (build 32) and E3 1998 Alpha (build 22) TPA files
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

machf wrote:Which sadly reminds me I never finished working on that RPG...
That sounds extremely interesting...did you manage to get it working at all? If you would like to see how I did it, I could send you the triggers over PM. :)

Anyway...

WEEK TEN - January 14th, 2015

Somehow, I've managed to sneak a lot of time into RTJP this week, despite an abundant amount of work and a sudden leap into Morrowind modding, which is really quite interesting and super easy with the Construction Set. For anyone I've intrigued, I've been working on remaking each of the game's Ancestral Tombs to be unique and much more detailed than before. The project's been going along nicely, but of course, I have made sure to use a good deal of my free time to mod RTJP, and let me just say, I've done a ton of new stuff level-wise. :mrgreen:

First off, I modelled the big Monkey Pod tree that hangs over the Visitor Center, though it needs to be fixed because I managed to leave a branch floating in the air, and the textures need to be redone as well. Placed around the level as a test, I think it looks pretty good though; you'll see it in the upcoming screenshots.

Going around my old level to see what I'd done in the past that could be changed but still incorporated into the new map, I noticed that I was really unsatisfied with the way I'd done the starting helipad area. The road out turned the wrong way, the canyon was tiny, the river was flowing out of it...there was just so much that felt wrong. So I set about building the canyon and surrounding area in the new level, this time keeping it as close to the movie as I could get while still fitting in the roads seen on the map - here's how it turned out (note that the road going up the side of the mountain is a placeholder; it will likely be a tunnel later on):
Click on Image
(Click on thumbnail for full size)
Remind anyone of a certain "lost" Trespasser level? 8) I''ll post more screens on the Screenshot Thread - check 'em out if you want. You will still begin your journey here, though I've been working on a version of the game's story with much less backtracking due to the map being so much larger. You'll need to visit almost every location on the island once, though it can still be freely explored. The only location you will have to return to will be the Visitor Center at two points in the story.

I was looking around at hppav's JPO test level for some ideas and came across the enormous wind turbine in the north, which made me think of my windmill power station that will be not far south from the helipad. I imported the turbine into my level and started working on the south of the island - first, I created a mountain range and altitude based on the EarthWatch map of Isla Nublar (which I will be using as the basis for most terrain sculpting), then carved out the areas where the roads will be located, detailed the coastline, and finally ended up with this:
Click on Image
The area is still heavily unfinished, but you can see the basic idea. There will be a smaller set of buildings similar to the Summit sheds housing the generator for each turbine; these will link via a system of pipes to a larger control building that will feed power to the rest of the island. Of course, they will need to be restarted in order for them to become operational again, and each will have some unique puzzle to it. :wink:

I'm also not sure if it's apparent from the screenshots, but you might notice that I've got the Draw Distance turned up to render the entire island's terrain without it being cut off. Objects are still removed at the edge of the dense fog, but you are now able to see Nublar Mountain / Mount Sibo from the southernmost elevated point. This was done so that mountains don't just spring up out of nowhere when approached. Hopefully it won't have too much impact on the engine - if it does, I'll bring it down and hope the trees can cover the issue as in the old RTJP. :)

Anyway, I've got a lot more I'd like to get done to the southern end of the island...gotta add the perimeter road, work out the cliffs behind the windmill station, make some terrain objects...so there should be room for some more screenshots in a future update. For now, I'll hand the article over to:

Severe trigger malfunction led to a door flying open, getting stuck in a constant circular loop around its hinges, and finally killing a velociraptor causing interpolation with the nearby wall. The raptor promptly proceeded to shake its booty while its head had disappeared into the wall.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Weekly Update! Last: January 14th, 2015

Post by TheIdiot »

WEEK ELEVEN - January 22nd, 2015

Hey guys, don't have much time for this update, I've got loads of stuff to do this weekend so I'll keep it quick. First off, a screenshot, because why the heck not?
Click on Image
Yay, Raptor Pit! This area is one of my favorites to work on because there is so much to do with the area thanks to all of the different angles we have on the area and mountain range behind it. The entire area is based on the actual location in Kauai, and the mountain ranges surrounding the pit are made to be as close to the movie as I can make them while still retaining the form of the island. This time, the Raptor Pit is at the south-westernmost end of Nublar Mountain's range on a hilltop that overlooks the entire Visitor Compound - the view is quite something from the tower! It's a bit of a pain to get the geography right in this area, especially since the Emergency Bunker and Main Utility Shed are closeby, so the surroundings are subject to change.

For fans of Jurassic Park Oblivion, you might notice that I imported hppav's government restriction signs, which I thought looked awesome (though the palettes I used weren't perfect, they got the job done). These will be posted in various locations around the island, mostly in the Visitor Area and other major facilities. The U.S. government came to the island following the events of Jurassic Park to quarantine it and restrict it from the public. In the year that RTJP takes place, 1998, the island is restricted and guarded by the U.S. Coast Guard, though of course some trespassers have managed to get onto the island one way or another. InGen had also sent a cleanup team to the island led by Henry Wu in 1994, though they were largely unsuccessful at retrieving anything of value following Hurricane Clarissa; some traces of their operation will be visible throughout the island as well. I'll also be including traces of Billy Yoder's mercenaries from The Game here and there.

On a side note, I'll be getting a new computer soon since my current rig isn't very powerful. It is designed with gaming and 3D development in mind, so the graphics card and processor are maxed out. This of course means work will temporarily slow once again on RTJP, but not for long. I've got some ideas in mind for the main compound, and there's still plenty of terrain work to do (the jungle river is a huge pain in the ass...that one's gonna be a doozy!).

So I must conclude my short update - hopefully this one gave a bit more insight into some more of Isla Nublar's history and details following the events of Jurassic Park. Next week I should have even more world design to show off...well, provided I don't get distracted by finally being able to play all of my current-gen games with maximum quality settings. Now I can go and finish friggen Alien: Isolation, finally! :P

I think the glitch this week could be that I didn't have a glitch this week...that in itself is weird. :lol:

EDIT: Wow, just reached number 77 on ModDb...I guess there are other people actually play Trespasser!
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Weekly Update! Last: January 22nd, 2015

Post by TheIdiot »

WEEK TWELVE - January 28, 2015

I aaaalmost didn't get this done tonight since I was so heavily distracted by all sorts of things, but what little part of me is human made me get to it. :mrgreen:

I got my new PC and it works as well as I could want! Playing all of my games in 1080p - including Trespasser - with all settings maxed out and still sitting above 60 FPS makes everything feels sooooo much smoother and playable. That said, I've been off playing most of my other games more than I have been modding Trespasser now that I am actually in control rather than lagging around at 15 FPS.

In terms of Trespasser's performance now, it's a solid 60 FPS everywhere I go in nearly every level with quite a few extra graphic features of CE turned on. Replayed JPDS a couple of times and had a blast; it's a lot harder with CE's fog fix that causes the fog to actually hide distant objects within, though by now I've played it enough to know the essential locations of everything. I also went through the level I typically have the biggest issues with, Trespasser Legacy, and even with the high graphics it ran smoothly without crashes. I can't wait to see how it performs when I really get detailing RTJP and the world becomes massive!

Now for the actual update segment then... :P
First off, I went and redid almost all of the game's menus to a completely unique and brand-spanking-new design. The way Tres has its menu files set up makes it super easy for me to edit them to my heart's desire, and I'm pretty confident that I've created something new and interesting, as well as streamlined and more modern for all of you young(er)sters out there. Here's a preview of the main menu:
Click on Image
I actually redid the main menu twice in one day; the original design would have been based on the old JP DVD main menu - couldn't find a good image of the whole thing, but hopefully you guys remember it:
Click on Image
Ultimately I decided to scrap the older-style menu entirely and go with something new and unique, and this is my result. I'm just working on the menu sounds now as well, which will add to the feel and make it feel even more different.

Speaking of sounds, I've compiled a massive library of ambient sounds from all over the place which I plan to implement into RTJP so that it feels completely distinct from the original Trespasser. The old version included several new sounds like dinosaur calls and other ambient animals to enhance the Park and abandoned buildings, but I want to go even further and push the boundaries (and expand the filesize :P ) by bringing in an array of completely new looping sounds, bird effects, wind rustles, and even minor seismic activity to the game. I feel that doing this will make the jungle feel even more wild and prehistoric if done correctly!

As usual, I didn't do what I said I would last week (work on world design, that is) because I got so sidetracked with the menu. Can't remember if I really did anything major to the island...OH! I began completely reworking the jungle river area, for starters, which will likely lead to me lowering a LOT of the island's terrain to better compensate for this. The river will house two separate environments at different points - running down from mountain streams in the west, it will expand to a greater size as it passes the Brachiosaur lake and meets with the northern river, which will instead be an enclosed amazon-style river, home to the occasional swampy area or similar. The areas where it passes through jungle will likely be inspired by the JW trailer shot of the river, seen here:
Click on Image
And yes, I do hope to somehow work a river cruise scene into the mod somewhere...I have a pretty good idea of where it could fit into the story, and if this plan of mine works out, we might end up with a scene quite similar to the original novel scene, including an aviary escape, waterfall drop and, of course, intervention by the one and only Rexy.
Click on Image
I could go on and on with ideas as you probably know by now, but I'm afraid I'll cut this one here. Will there be any world progress? What strange ideas will I come up with in the future?! Tune in next week - same Park-time, same Park-webpage!

Oh yeah...

I removed the "exit" button from the menu by mistake; at the time, my keyboard was dead as well, so I couldn't exit the game. Ended up leaving the game on for half an hour while I went to the store for batteries in order to ALT-F4 my way out.
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Weekly Update! Last: January 28th, 2015

Post by TheIdiot »

Hey everyone, just coming in to let everyone know that I haven't been doing updates because of an extremely nasty fever I've had for the past week or so. :sick: I've been bedridden and feeling generally 'meh', mostly confined to watching TV. So, naturally, I haven't done much work on RTJP recently. I did do a little bit more the day before I started feeling really brutal, and I'll probably be showing it in a little update this week. I'm still feeling pretty nasty, though it's starting to get better, so hopefully work can resume soon. :wink:

Oh, and for those of you who thought the old Aviary was tiny, I've imported the placeholder model and scaled it up (I think) 6x. It's now gigantic and it will give much more room for the inside environment instead of cramming a few rocks and such in. :P

I'll be back soon, I hope!
Blapeuh
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

Post by Blapeuh »

Get well soon. Really looking forward to the new update. :)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Get well soon. Really looking forward to the new update. :)
Thanks - forgot to respond when I read that the first time! New update is on the way.

Just coming in to say that I'm not dead and neither is the mod! Just been having a hard time in general since my sickness...currently I'm dealing with personal issues as well as a broken foot (they said not to carry the giant metal box but I didn't listen...it ended like a newbie's attempt at Tres). :(

Anyway, the mod is still in progress, don't worry! I've done a lot of work recently and the areas I've been working on have gotten to a fairly decent state. I've also worked on some textures, models and begun reworking some of the dinosaur skins, namely Brachiosaurus and Metriacanthosaurus (for those of you wondering, my Metriacanthosaur skin is based on the Jurassic World version. I used the Allosaurus model from JPOG and it works like a charm - probably my favorite skin so far). I also made high-resolution versions of the central part of the Visitor Center lobby mural - the part with the Raptor and Parasaurs - and the cafe mural at the back based on an image I found online. I'm loving the CE high-res texture feature, though exactly how far I can push the engine is yet to be found out. So far I have a solid 60 FPS everywhere I go, except the Visitor Center where it drops to the mid-forties. RTJP will be offered in different quality versions to ensure it is playable on all computers though, so fret not! :wink:

I can't say when I'll have time for the next "true" weekly update as things are currently hard for me, but I'll get to it soonish I hope. :P There's a ton of stuff to show, so this long wait won't have been for nothing!
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I always enjoy giving texture work and sound work a try, so if you want some assistance in those areas, I might be able to help a bit :)
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Second Illiteration wrote:I always enjoy giving texture work and sound work a try, so if you want some assistance in those areas, I might be able to help a bit :)
Hmm...I'll see if there's anything I need done when the time rolls around. At the moment those are the two things I'm actually pretty well off doing myself. :P If there comes a time where extra work can be done, I'd gladly have your assistance! :) Any particular areas that you really excel in or like doing, like organic / inorganic, imagery, etc.? It's really just modelling that needs to be done right now - not sure if that's your thing or not.
Actually, come to think of it, you wouldn't happen to be capable of music editing or composition, would you..? I want to get RTJP a unique soundtrack incorporating the themes from the movie but not using its actual tracks aside from a few, and at the moment I don't really know of anyone who can compose music.
Second Illiteration
Albertosaurus
Albertosaurus

Post by Second Illiteration »

I've been working in computer music creation for 15 years. I'm no expert but would certainly jump at the chance to do some soundtrack work. Years back I made a couple short tracks inspired by my play in trespasser
Slugger
-=TresCom Developer=-
-=TresCom Developer=-
Antispam: No

Post by Slugger »

Some how I missed that rocket launcher vid....looks really awesome!

Did you script it similar to TCI's spitter and spittal or the harpoon gun? I take it the explosion uses HD textures? Nicely done!
0066521C: 'Cannot create local swap file - Is Trespasser installed??',0Ah,0
"Cold lino was the driving force behind world power!"
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Post by TheIdiot »

Second Illiteration wrote:I've been working in computer music creation for 15 years. I'm no expert but would certainly jump at the chance to do some soundtrack work. Years back I made a couple short tracks inspired by my play in trespasser
Well, that about settles it. :P If you get any free time or ideas, perhaps you could give some Jurassic Park inspired tracks a go? If you make any tracks, try and keep the same themes as in the movie, but try and give it a darker undertone...perhaps songs could be less upbeat or fast-paced, sort of like the Jurassic World piano music from the trailer. For a start, I'll give you a quick list of music we could need off the top of my head:

Visitor Center arrival
Visitor Center second floor
Visitor Center lab
Jurassic Park gate
Brachiosaurus lagoon
Raptor Pit
Inside Raptor Pit
First carnivore encounter

I'll have to open up the private forum for you and add you to the team so we can discuss this further without giving anything away. :) Welcome aboard the ghost ship!
Slugger wrote: Some how I missed that rocket launcher vid....looks really awesome!

Did you script it similar to TCI's spitter and spittal or the harpoon gun? I take it the explosion uses HD textures? Nicely done!
Thank you! :D It took me three days to get that thing set up because I was unaware of the harpoon gun until after I'd finished it. Basically, you take the rocket launcher, which is unloaded at first, put a rocket in the back and then you're good to go. I can't exactly remember the scripts I used to make it work...the rocket itself is an object being teleported to the barrel of the launcher and put on a constant speed until it hits something, at which point it is teleported away and the explosion appears there. I'm still working on getting area effect damage to work with it, though. Can triggers be teleported by any chance?
I couldn't script it like the Spitter (I did try it, though) because Tres CE doesn't have the spit functions implemented yet, hence the reason I'm pestering Lee Arbuco about it. :P

Oh, and the explosion is actually one of few objects using normal 256x256 textures! :P

Aaaaanyway, I think it's about time already, so:

WEEK (I guess we'll call it) THIRTEEN - March 27, 2015

And everyone following the mod breathes a sigh of relief and screams "FINALLY!" at the screen. :P I'm finally going to do another update, though to be honest I've had enough content to post this for a while now. I've been fairly busy recently, though I've been working hard on the mod in my spare time alongside some personal projects and graphic design. Hopefully nobody thought I'd abandoned the mod - at this rate, though, with a map this size, you can expect a development cycle about the length of Dark Secrets (that being nine years :sick: ), but hopefully progress will come soon enough!

For starters, it appears my modelling skills have improved as I've been working on several new building models, which have been the bane of my existence for some time now. They're looking good in-game too, as you will see further on. I've also added a lot more to the map itself and done a ton of terrain work on the central park area, including the Brachiosaur Paddock. Because of the way my park map is set up, the area surrounding the brachiosaur lagoon itself is supposedly largely fenced in and in very tight quarters - something not seen in the film. Therefore, I have decided that the paddocks for the unseen dinosaurs (metricanthosaurus, baryonyx, proceratosaurus and stegosaurus) will be incomplete, opening up a good deal of space for other constructions or locations. I had done something similar with the herrerasaur paddock in the old RTJP, but it was only to open up the tiny area that represented the location of the gallimimus stampede in the film. Fortunately, with the larger map, this field will probably be relocated and much more accurate. As for the brachiosaur lagoon, well, here's a sneak peek:
Click on Image
I've also done a ton of work on the Aviary and canyon it is situated in. I made a brand-new model and improved vastly on the general idea and concept I had in mind:
Click on Image
Click on Image
Click on Image
Click on Image
This time around, the entrance will be a sort of mini Visitor Center lobby, with patios on either side for visitors to eat and relax. The actual lodge part will be incomplete, with just the basic foundations laid out in a manner similar to the beach hotel from Trespasser. The back portion of the Pteratops Lodge lobby leads through the cliffside behind the building and into either an elevator room or a pair of escalators designed to carry visitors down to the incomplete viewing area and restaurant, which will have transport down to the location of the River Adventure ride. The lobby entrance is based on some concept art of the Aviary for the film.

The Aviary will not be accessible until near the end of Diane's adventure and will be a very special part of the game - no details yet. :wink: For most of the journey, you'll only have distant views of the misty canyon and Pteratops Lodge structure. Can't wait to get cracking harder on that whole area!
Click on Image
I plan to start work on the Dilophosaur Paddock soon, making it similar in nature to the old RTJP version, which I rather liked. I've got to update the physics boxes on all my meshes because their anchors are messed up, but I should be able to import the remaining fence types and get rolling on there soon. I'm also contemplating ditching the idea of all this brand-new foliage unless I can find a skilled person to make meshes fast, because at the moment it's seriously holding me back and I'm not really liking how it looks anyway. If so, I'll be deleting a few of the current meshes and keeping others, importing the foliage from the old level and using it instead. The textures could perhaps be redone, but my trees don't really blend in too well. :( Make sure to leave your opinion though!

Oh! Nearly forgot! I've gone and created a new dinosaur skin based on Jurassic World - introducing the metriacanthosaurus! Sorry for taking the screenshot in the basement - I was too lazy to move it into the playing area. :mrgreen:
Click on Image
Yes, baryonyx will also be receiving a JW-style skin, but those are the only two dinosaurs that will. Proceratosaurus and segisaurus will be (hopefully) original and unique. In previous versions, I've never been happy with my ideas, so I might have to turn to other inspiration when I get there. Getting accurate sounds might prove an issue as well until JW comes out, but I'm not really counting on all of JW's website dinosaurs to show up in the movie, so I might end up finding my own.

And now this update comes to a close. Hopefully I'll find time to post more of these, they're a bit of a pain to create and convert over to ModDB as well, but it'll be up there as soon as possible. Make sure you leave a comment, too - as always, user input is extremely useful for single-man projects! Adios for now, but god willing I'll be back soon!

Arm stuck in door...walking away just stretched it to extreme lengths until it suddenly flew back like an elastic. Not the first time this has happened, though...I'm looking at you, JPDS! :lol:
TheIdiot
T-Rex
T-Rex

Re: Weekly Update! Last: March 27th, 2015

Post by TheIdiot »

I have some spare time, so I figure I'll come in to give a sort post on what I've been up to in the realm of RTJP. Most of it has been modelling and trigger work again in the test level, so Isla Nublar hasn't had much improvement yet (except for a new waterfall :P ). I've been working in Max creating every single melee weapon and variants (broken, reinforced, etc) for the game, then importing them one at a time and creating the physics and magnets for weapons, as well as giving them all distinct and balanced values and testing out the weapon upgrade system. I'm not sure if I've talked about that before, but I'll say a bit about it anyway.

In RTJP, many weapons will be upgradable using various tools and supplies, like a knife to sharpen the weapon, a hammer to drive a nail into your baseball bat, or combining a knife and a long stick to make a spear. Firearms will have attachments like Aimpoint sights, foregrips and extended magazines that can be found in the world and added to the guns. Since weapons will be reloadable in RTJP this will make finding and keeping a weapon with you a much more rewarding venture, rather than finding a gun, killing a few Raptors and then throwing it away. This system was inspired by Project Zomboid's crafting system and I'm working hard to make it feel unique and worthwhile.
Additionally, melee weapons can break in combat if used too much, and some will have more "health" than others. I'd like to have some visual indicator of a weapon's state, but at the moment I'm thinking it's just going to be a random occurrence to avoid too much trigger work per weapon. Of course, finding tape to reinforce the weapon will make it harder to break or even indestructible, although using the limited supplies on Isla Nublar will hopefully make players less likely to just burn through resources when they find them - for example, you might be carrying a tennis raquet and come across a roll of ductape. You know you can reinforce the raquet with it, but you leave it for now knowing you can use it on a better weapon, like a fire axe, in the future should you find one. Decisions like these are the kind of things that I feel will make the game more like a survival adventure rather than a straight-up shooter with puzzles. Many of the better weapons like SPAS-12 shotguns or M16A2 rifles will also be less likely to carry ammo, however should you find one and take it with you and then find some ammo elsewhere, you will have a distinct advantage over if you simply taken a loaded Colt 1911 pistol instead, because now you have thirty rounds in an automatic 5.56mm assault rifle rather than seven rounds in a .45 pistol. Bigger bullets means bigger prey! :sick:

Anyway, that's all for now...I should really come up with a better title than "Weekly" update, since it's not really weekly anymore, but the name is catchy, so weekly it remains! :mrgreen: